View Poll Results: What Should We Do To End The Terror War?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • The West is doing the right thing.

    6 8.82%
  • We need more WAAAUGH! We need to bomb more! Boots on the ground!

    6 8.82%
  • The West needs to change their foreign policy. Stop meddling in other countries.

    38 55.88%
  • Other

    18 26.47%
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 463

Thread: How Do We End The War on Terror?

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Did you agree with Malliki that our soldiers had to be subject to Sharia law?
    How did you like the cozy relationship Maliki had with Iran, while he pushed Sunnis into the ISIL camp ?
    Obama did not pull out because of sharia law, he pulled out because he insisted at the last minute that the Iraqi govt jump through hoops for him that they weren't willing to do-Obama KNEW this and pulled out anyway.

    As for Maliki and Iran-Obama had 6 years to address this and did nothing. Obama lost the peace for votes in an election season.

  2. #212
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama did not pull out because of sharia law, he pulled out because he insisted at the last minute that the Iraqi govt jump through hoops for him that they weren't willing to do-Obama KNEW this and pulled out anyway.

    As for Maliki and Iran-Obama had 6 years to address this and did nothing. Obama lost the peace for votes in an election season.
    What a steaming heap of lies. You have absolutely no shame.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What a steaming heap of lies. You have absolutely no shame.
    Dont run from the truth, Kobie.

  4. #214
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Dont run from the truth, Kobie.
    Tell it, and I might not.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Tell it, and I might not.
    Obama's actions have worsened the war on terror. Truth so pure.

  6. #216
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama's actions have worsened the war on terror. Truth so pure.
    In some ways, you may be right. In the ways you think you're right, you're wrong. You just heap lies on top of lies.

    Keep on shillin'.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #217
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    I may be the odd man out with my view..

    If you look at history a large part of our meddling was a result of being caught with our pants down in regards to Germany and Japan during WWII. Our country shifted its position after the war from a largely isolated nation to being proactive in world affairs. Our leaders swore at the time to never let another world war sneak up on us and we were frankly very concerned and afraid of Stalin and his expansion of communism which we viewed as our next great threat. Unfortunately I believe our government has taken it well beyond simply staying informed about other nations to a mind set of "We must control the worlds governments from the shadows before our enemies do". In my opinion this has had decades of negative consequences for many people around the world and rightly some are sick of us budding into their affairs.

    What would my solution be? I would become much more of an isolated country like we were prior to WWII and never ever interfere with anyone else on any level. I would however use the CIA as (imo) it was meant to be used and that is intelligence gathering only. I see no reason not to know what is going on in the world or finding potential threats that plan to invade US territory, however that is far different than meddling in the business of other countries. None of this national (corporate imo) interests abroad being used as an excuse to carry out military campaigns or government meddling in foreign countries. I would recall our military that is stationed abroad and use those resources to shore up our borders. Whatever happens 1 inch outside our borders is not our place to interfere with and I would not. I think in the long run our citizen would actually be under less threat by us taking a neutral role around the world.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    In some ways, you may be right. In the ways you think you're right, you're wrong. You just heap lies on top of lies.

    Keep on shillin'.
    Obama's policies have demonstrably failed, Kobie. He's bad for America. Theres no need to make excuses.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I may be the odd man out with my view..

    If you look at history a large part of our meddling was a result of being caught with our pants down in regards to Germany and Japan during WWII. Our country shifted its position after the war from a largely isolated nation to being proactive in world affairs. Our leaders swore at the time to never let another world war sneak up on us and we were frankly very concerned and afraid of Stalin and his expansion of communism which we viewed as our next great threat. Unfortunately I believe our government has taken it well beyond simply staying informed about other nations to a mind set of "We must control the worlds governments from the shadows before our enemies do". In my opinion this has had decades of negative consequences for many people around the world and rightly some are sick of us budding into their affairs.

    What would my solution be? I would become much more of an isolated country like we were prior to WWII and never ever interfere with anyone else on any level. I would however use the CIA as (imo) it was meant to be used and that is intelligence gathering only. I see no reason not to know what is going on in the world or finding potential threats that plan to invade US territory, however that is far different than meddling in the business of other countries. None of this national (corporate imo) interests abroad being used as an excuse to carry out military campaigns or government meddling in foreign countries. I would recall our military that is stationed abroad and use those resources to shore up our borders. Whatever happens 1 inch outside our borders is not our place to interfere with and I would not. I think in the long run our citizen would actually be under less threat by us taking a neutral role around the world.
    Lets say we do as you suggest, and leave everyone alone (as the worlds sole superpower). What happens when everyone else wont leave US alone? What then?

  10. #220
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Lets say we do as you suggest, and leave everyone alone (as the worlds sole superpower). What happens when everyone else wont leave US alone? What then?
    I do not believe we need to remain a superpower. We could scale our military back a large amount. In my view the only reason we maintain superpower status is so that we have the ability to meddle and police the world. To answer your question I would do just as we would do now. If you attack US soil we are going to take you out even if that mean dropping a nuke on your head. I believe that given enough time after we have stopped screwing with everyone that people would be less apt to have quarrel with us.

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •