View Poll Results: What Should We Do To End The Terror War?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • The West is doing the right thing.

    6 8.82%
  • We need more WAAAUGH! We need to bomb more! Boots on the ground!

    6 8.82%
  • The West needs to change their foreign policy. Stop meddling in other countries.

    38 55.88%
  • Other

    18 26.47%
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 463

Thread: How Do We End The War on Terror?

  1. #201
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    responding to that:

    1) How do you plan on doing that. It is impossible to distinguish a peaceful Muslim and a Terrorist

    and

    2) Even if we are able to wipe out all of ISIS, there are other groups. New ones pop up. Perpetual war.
    Destroy all terrorist organizations wherever they pop up. Set up a coalition if you like, in the ME of roughly a 100,000 forces that will attack when need be. By the way this would be a permanent base payed for by Arab oil. Cut of all aid to Muslim controlled countries who have been found to fund ANY of these groups. Grind them into bits for a year or two then see where we stand? The problem is that the country's that fund these murdering bastards dont take us serious, and by us I mean the west. Let's play some serious hardball for a couple years instead of doing things like " we will not be putting boots on the ground" or telling your enemy when you're pulling out because no country does that and also wins a war. It's going to get ugly so hit it hard and take no prisoner's.

  2. #202
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    It is only naivete that allows you to believe that ... but then, it's all our fault, right?
    It is. There was never in history a terrorist bombing in Iraq before the US invasion. This is not the only instance of this. The United States and its allies destabilized the middle east by drawing lines where they pleased, using the area for proxy wars, and propping up leaders that would play favorably to our interests. Now this is the results.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  3. #203
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Destroy all terrorist organizations wherever they pop up. Set up a coalition if you like, in the ME of roughly a 100,000 forces that will attack when need be. By the way this would be a permanent base payed for by Arab oil. Cut of all aid to Muslim controlled countries who have been found to fund ANY of these groups. Grind them into bits for a year or two then see where we stand? The problem is that the country's that fund these murdering bastards dont take us serious, and by us I mean the west. Let's play some serious hardball for a couple years instead of doing things like " we will not be putting boots on the ground" or telling your enemy when you're pulling out because no country does that and also wins a war. It's going to get ugly so hit it hard and take no prisoner's.
    That is an unrealistic plan. We have been in the area for 13 years plus fighting terrorism, yet they are stronger now then when we began. It is not for a lack of effort, time, money, lives, and resources that we are not able to wipe them out, it is because of flawed foreign policy.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  4. #204
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    It is. There was never in history a terrorist bombing in Iraq before the US invasion. This is not the only instance of this. The United States and its allies destabilized the middle east by drawing lines where they pleased, using the area for proxy wars, and propping up leaders that would play favorably to our interests. Now this is the results.
    That is absolute nonsense ... depends on your definition of terrorist (or insurgent, if you will) ... your comment carries no historical context ...

    But, then, that's no surprise.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  5. #205
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    That is an unrealistic plan. We have been in the area for 13 years plus fighting terrorism, yet they are stronger now then when we began. It is not for a lack of effort, time, money, lives, and resources that we are not able to wipe them out, it is because of flawed foreign policy.
    I suppose this is where you tell me that Iraq hadn't been pacified under Bush ... and that Obama arbitrary refusal to negotiate a new SOFA didn't cause us to pull out ... and the ensuing vacuum didn't give the opportunity for the terrorist groups to recover.

    Go ahead ... tell us.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Destroy all terrorist organizations wherever they pop up. Set up a coalition if you like, in the ME of roughly a 100,000 forces that will attack when need be. By the way this would be a permanent base payed for by Arab oil. Cut of all aid to Muslim controlled countries who have been found to fund ANY of these groups. Grind them into bits for a year or two then see where we stand? The problem is that the country's that fund these murdering bastards dont take us serious, and by us I mean the west. Let's play some serious hardball for a couple years instead of doing things like " we will not be putting boots on the ground" or telling your enemy when you're pulling out because no country does that and also wins a war. It's going to get ugly so hit it hard and take no prisoner's.
    Exactly. They think we have no resolve (and the left sure does not, they surrender like they are French) but letting them know we are there until the trouble is over sends a very different message.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    That is an unrealistic plan. We have been in the area for 13 years plus fighting terrorism, yet they are stronger now then when we began. It is not for a lack of effort, time, money, lives, and resources that we are not able to wipe them out, it is because of flawed foreign policy.
    Sorry but Obama pulling out leaving a nation for the taking is NOT putting in the effort-and he did it all for votes.

  8. #208
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,774

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Did you agree with Malliki that our soldiers had to be subject to Sharia law?
    How did you like the cozy relationship Maliki had with Iran, while he pushed Sunnis into the ISIL camp ?
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Sorry but Obama pulling out leaving a nation for the taking is NOT putting in the effort.
    Physics is Phun

  9. #209
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,448
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Those suggestions will work fine until there is another 9/11 on the homeland. At this point he strategy is containment, fighting proxy wars and tying up the enemies resources as far away from shore as possible. And it's worked for 13 years.

    The only way to end the threat once for all, is to take a step that many aren't prepared to do, and that is to recolonize the middle east, fix the countries under our authority (not give it to them to mess things up and hand over to radicals). That's not something we're ready to do, nor do I think the threat warrants it. Though I do think that at some point in the future (possibly near), it will be something will have consider when a mushroom cloud forms over a major western city. Like I said though, for now, containment works.
    There's a few people in Boston and London and Mumbai who would disagree. And numerous others. Nothing is contained.
    As for 'recolonizing', that's what got you into this mess in the first place. Unless you think the 9-11 attacks were because 'they hate you because of your freedom'.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  10. #210
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,774

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    -and he did it all for votes.
    The coward that does it for votes is Boehner.
    Only the Speaker can call both chambers to a special session--as he follows the VP in succession.
    Think Boehner is afraid of what his TEAloons might say ?
    Physics is Phun

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •