View Poll Results: What Should We Do To End The Terror War?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • The West is doing the right thing.

    6 8.82%
  • We need more WAAAUGH! We need to bomb more! Boots on the ground!

    6 8.82%
  • The West needs to change their foreign policy. Stop meddling in other countries.

    38 55.88%
  • Other

    18 26.47%
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 463

Thread: How Do We End The War on Terror?

  1. #181
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    There is an easy way to stop the war on terror. Stop fighting.
    Spoken like someone that would prefer to put their head in the sand. Keep dreaming.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    There are only two ways to end a war .... win or lose. There IS no middle ground ... ask Korea.
    Well, Iraq being a war of choice and not necessity, could simply have been avoided.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #183
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, Iraq being a war of choice and not necessity, could simply have been avoided.
    Again, revisionist facts delivered with benefit of hindsight.

    Who cares? To quote the infamous Hillary Clinton ... "What difference does it make?"

    We are where we are ... the question is "Where do we go from here?"

    "How we got there" is reserved for historical analysis ... and, apparently, for those who don't have an answer for the first question, but feel it necessary to make ego-driven input while others try to figure out the answer..
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  4. #184
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    Again, revisionist facts delivered with benefit of hindsight.

    Who cares? To quote the infamous Hillary Clinton ... "What difference does it make?"

    We are where we are ... the question is "Where do we go from here?"

    "How we got there" is reserved for historical analysis ... and, apparently, for those who don't have an answer for the first question, but feel it necessary to make ego-driven input while others try to figure out the answer..
    Oh dear. Still lost on you as well. Ok, well perhaps you'll understand someday.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #185
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh dear. Still lost on you as well. Ok, well perhaps you'll understand someday.
    No answer, huh?

    Duly noted.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  6. #186
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,522
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Okay, but the jobs are not aimed at terrorists, they are aimed at civilians. Bludgeoning civilians into submission so as to carry out interests may not be appropriate?
    Terrorists are not civillians. They must be seen as enemy combatants or actually as vermin to be exterminated and unworthy of any polite considerations normally exercised in war. And we have to get past this politically correct notion that war is anything other than a horrendous inhumane and indecent act, bloody, unfair, unjust, and savage. While we will not deliberately target civilians who do not aid and abet the enemy, civilians of all ages will inevitably be in the line of fire from time to time and lose their homes, livelihood, and some will be injured, maimed, killed. If not by our hand then by that of the enemy. The purpose of war is to kill the enemy and destroy things. It should never EVER be undertaken when there is any alternative, but neither should we shy away from it when it is necessary to defend our persons, property, homeland, and critical interests.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #187
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    No answer, huh?

    Duly noted.
    Oh, was there a question for me??
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #188
    Professor
    oneworld2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It was because I was providing links to prove the point that a country doesn't need to occupy Islamic lands to be under attack from radical Islam.
    The Indonesian link proves it, the French one proves it, the Chinese one. So does the Indian one and many others. They provide cutting evidence to something that should be common sense - nobody is immune to radical Islam.
    Nope , your response was supposed to be refutation to the claim that countries that are directly involved in the atrocities against the Muslim world caused by the war on terror are less likely to be attacked by Muslim terrorists. The links actually backed the complete opposite view

    You cited...

    Norway , which hasn't been attacked ( yet , and contrary to your claim ) but has played a part in the above

    Sweden , which has been attacked ( albeit a minor attack where the only person killed was the terrorist himself ). He stated the reason was Sweden's involvement in the war on terror ( TWT from now on )

    Saudi Arabia and the US military personnel there. Attacked post 1991 attack on Iraq

    Spain , which was attacked badly , but the attack was as a result of their involvement in TWT

    London , attacked , the reason given by some of the attackers TWT

    Pakistan , Peshawar , attacked , reason given objection to US drone attacks in Pakistan

    India , Mumbai , attackers apparently searching for British and US tourists. That they targeted the tourists from those countries strongly suggests a link to TWT

    The Somalia one is to do with the internal power struggles in the country and as such is unrelated to the question you responded to

    The Bali bombings were apparently funded by Al Qaeda and are thus related to TWT

    Separatist and internal domestic political disputes account for others

    So the above generally supports the notion that being involved in TWT is behind many of the incidents you cited. That goes against your assertion completely

    I actually did as I took the time in collecting them to make a statement
    That's not in dispute


    And I'm not going to waste any more of my time time proving the above over and over again.

    The point remains that your links undermine your claim
    There never has been a peace process, but rather an annexation process that used the “peace process” as a facade

  9. #189
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by oneworld2 View Post
    Nope , your response was supposed to be refutation to the claim that countries that are directly involved in the atrocities against the Muslim world caused by the war on terror are less likely to be attacked by Muslim terrorists. The links actually backed the complete opposite view

    You cited...

    Norway , which hasn't been attacked ( yet , and contrary to your claim ) but has played a part in the above

    Sweden , which has been attacked ( albeit a minor attack where the only person killed was the terrorist himself ). He stated the reason was Sweden's involvement in the war on terror ( TWT from now on )

    Saudi Arabia and the US military personnel there. Attacked post 1991 attack on Iraq

    Spain , which was attacked badly , but the attack was as a result of their involvement in TWT

    London , attacked , the reason given by some of the attackers TWT

    Pakistan , Peshawar , attacked , reason given objection to US drone attacks in Pakistan

    India , Mumbai , attackers apparently searching for British and US tourists. That they targeted the tourists from those countries strongly suggests a link to TWT

    The Somalia one is to do with the internal power struggles in the country and as such is unrelated to the question you responded to

    The Bali bombings were apparently funded by Al Qaeda and are thus related to TWT

    Separatist and internal domestic political disputes account for others

    So the above generally supports the notion that being involved in TWT is behind many of the incidents you cited. That goes against your assertion completely
    Tried again failed again I guess.

    First of all you've already been told that Islamic terrorism from separatist movements is an evidence that there are other reasons to Islamic terrorism than being involved in the war on terror - which is the claim you and some other funny posters here share.

    Now, the attack on Sweden wasn't justified simply by the Swedish involvement in Afghanistan (which, again, was very minor) - but also by the drawing of Muhammad by a Swedish artist. That was the reasoning given in an email sent to Swedish security service ten minutes before the attacks anyway. So Islamic terrorists may also attack you because a person in your country decided to draw their prophet. Telling us much? Why yes indeed.
    The Norwegian one - really? So because the threat was not followed through we are to believe that there was no threat?
    The very threat nations face from Islamic terrorism is the subject here.
    India - I disagree about the notion that Westerners were attacked, the attack came from a Pakistani terror group and the reasoning was India-Pakistani relations - which proves that Islamic terrorism attacks for many reasons yet again. By the way India was attacked two months before it as well in Delhi.
    France - already proved you wrong.
    China - the Islamic attacks came in response to the government campaign to remove the Islamic veil. Sounds like another cutting evidence that you're wrong.

    Deal with it those attacks prove your claim that only by involving yourself with Islamic states you draw the fire from Islamic terrorists is illogical and nothing but bollocks, and in your case you took to the claim from a clear and known anti-Western agenda.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 09-29-14 at 07:37 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Last Seen
    08-05-15 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    460

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    The war on terror will never end, it's just the beginning, the USA needs to stop being the Worlds police, until that happens, well then these problems of epic proportions will continue...

Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •