View Poll Results: What Should We Do To End The Terror War?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • The West is doing the right thing.

    6 8.82%
  • We need more WAAAUGH! We need to bomb more! Boots on the ground!

    6 8.82%
  • The West needs to change their foreign policy. Stop meddling in other countries.

    38 55.88%
  • Other

    18 26.47%
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 463

Thread: How Do We End The War on Terror?

  1. #91
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,962

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    There are too many.
    Third world standards, fanaticism, poverty, incitement...
    The reasons matter not what matters is the practical situation.
    Seems you missed a big one, here let me help you out:

    Researcher: Suicide terrorism linked to military occupation - Laura Rozen - POLITICO.com.

    It's the Occupation, Stupid

    You bomb the terrorists and you do this because you cannot possibly educate them and change their ways.
    First you said the solution is to educate and now you say bomb them anyway since you cant change them...

    If it could be done it would be done. It cannot be done.
    Uh... riiight...

    That is because as was stated by many posters in this very thread terrorism in its general form is a type of crime.
    So is attacking people in another country, meddling with their way of life and occupying them.

    Sure it is an ideological crime, a religious crime perhaps but it is still a crime and crime will always be battled, there always will be terrorism.
    Strange, the US was never under threat by Islamic terrorism until only recently.

    So yeah after years of terrorists-killing terrorism still exists and perhaps it is stronger than ever before but that only means stronger force needs to be used, not that we need to surrender to the terrorists and let them have it their way.
    Stronger force? Funny, because thats what everybody has been doing and it isnt working. Are you advocating genocide then?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Seriously?

    Maybe they ought to talk to Dubya since he was the one who took out Saddam Hussein and made it all possible...
    The terrorists are even going after them in Indonesia.


    Borobudur, Islamists target Indonesia’s most important Buddhist temple

    The complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, risks being destroyed like the Buddhas of Bamiyan. Authorities strengthen security measures. Citizens invited to participate in the defense of "cultural heritage". President Yudhoyono declares jihadist violence "humiliating" for Islam.

    Jakarta (AsiaNews) - Indonesian extremists supporters of the Islamic State (formerly Isis, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) want to target and destroy the most important Buddhist cultural center of the country: the temple of Borobudur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Central Java Army chief General Sunindyo has stated that he is strengthening security to protect the highly popular site sacred to the Buddhist community throughout South-East Asia and major tourist attraction.....snip~

    http://95.174.9.211/news-en/Borobudu...ple-31946.html
    08/21/2014 INDONESIA - ISLAM <<<<<.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    You could end the war on terror by winning it. To win it you would have to kill every single Muslim on earth, man woman and child.

  4. #94
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,962

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The terrorists are even going after them in Indonesia.


    Borobudur, Islamists target Indonesia’s most important Buddhist temple

    The complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, risks being destroyed like the Buddhas of Bamiyan. Authorities strengthen security measures. Citizens invited to participate in the defense of "cultural heritage". President Yudhoyono declares jihadist violence "humiliating" for Islam.

    Jakarta (AsiaNews) - Indonesian extremists supporters of the Islamic State (formerly Isis, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) want to target and destroy the most important Buddhist cultural center of the country: the temple of Borobudur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Central Java Army chief General Sunindyo has stated that he is strengthening security to protect the highly popular site sacred to the Buddhist community throughout South-East Asia and major tourist attraction.....snip~

    http://95.174.9.211/news-en/Borobudu...ple-31946.html
    08/21/2014 INDONESIA - ISLAM <<<<<.
    Did you read the last part of the article you cited?

    fundamentalist movements and local Muslim leaders are inspired by the exploits of the Sunni fighters in Syria and Iraq and intent on supporting the struggle for the establishment and expansion of the Islamic Caliphate, even to Asia.
    There you go, the west are the ones encouraging all this because of their meddling.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Did you read the last part of the article you cited?



    There you go, the west are the ones encouraging all this because of their meddling.

    Then there is Bangladesh and couple of other places.....none of these countries ever bombed them in Iraq or were part of it. So its all propaganda that the West caused it.....either way. Sunni or Shia. Expansion is inevitable. Even after their conflict is decided.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: How Do We Win The War on Islamic Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way and the more we meddle in their business, the more we push toward extremism. This is a mess that we could have fixed 30 years ago. I don't think we can fix it now.
    I am impressed with how many of you believe that Islamofascism exists because we do. Sunni and Shia have been battling one another for 1300 years for control of the political-religious conflict-based Islam that promises a sword and murder until there are no more unbelievers.

    To win this phase of the war we will have to decide that our goal is to defeat and destroy Islam in the same way we defeated and destroyed National Socialism and International Socialism. It will require ending the dominance in our universities and media by the anti-American socialist left. It will require fighting and destroying the supporting structures for the worldwide terror campaigns. We need to become self sufficient in energy production as a major part of our strategy to destroy Islam.

    We will have to inform countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Pakistan, Iran, and many others that should they continue to support groups we consider extreme we will treat them as hostile enemy nations.

    We must tell the European nations that they are on their own to solve their problems. They need to man up and arm up.

    We need to eliminate all immigrant Muslims who are here in the united states. They are a danger to us. We need to prevent Islamist outreach to our violent criminal populations. If we want to convert them then let's pipe nonstop conservative talk radio into their environments.

    We need to decide that we cannot wage a war with no civilian casualties. We can take care but should not take undue care. In war people who have done nothing wrong die. Ending a war quickly through sustained, decisive actions will minimize the numbers of innocent dead.

    We need to plan to stay in the places we go for at least one hundred years.

  7. #97
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    It could be one of the reasons but let's not ignore the fact that terrorism targets all kind of factions for all kind of reasons.
    Your expectations that if you don't get involved with the countries the terrorism origins in it won't be reaching you in the near future are simply detached from reality.

    First you said the solution is to educate and now you say bomb them anyway since you cant change them...
    I presented it as the conclusive solution to eradicate it from the said radical society.
    Since it cannot happen and is not an enforceable solution, targeting them is unquestionably the best possible solution.
    Saying "we won't look as you engage in terrorism and you'll leave us alone" is far from being a perfect solution, and this is the solution your ilk are presenting.

    Uh... riiight...
    Believing it can be done is silly. It cannot be done.
    Do entertain us however and tell us why and how you believe it can be done.

    So is attacking people in another country, meddling with their way of life and occupying them.
    You haven't listed crimes you have listed actions that would be considered crimes under certain circumstances, whilst on the other hand terrorism, murder, thievery and so on are types of crimes.

    Strange, the US was never under threat by Islamic terrorism until only recently.
    So was Indonesia. But Indonesia is under threat by Islamic terrorism. Did Indonesia occupy anyone lately?
    Looks like a huge hole in your ideology there, isn't it?

    Stronger force? Funny, because thats what everybody has been doing and it isnt working. Are you advocating genocide then?
    No. I support targeting the terrorists in wider, stronger means.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It could be one of the reasons but let's not ignore the fact that terrorism targets all kind of factions for all kind of reasons.
    Your expectations that if you don't get involved with the countries the terrorism origins in it won't be reaching you in the near future are simply detached from reality.
    And your link to unbiased, factual proof of this is?


    Funny, I haven't heard of any large al Qaeda attacks on Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg, The Bahamas and on and on.

    I guess al Qaeda just has not got to them yet.

    Watch out Bermuda...they are coming for you!!!

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And I guarantee you it will cost FAR more injuries and deaths to Americans and innocent civilians then any terrorist organization could ever dream of causing.
    What are your qualifications that make you so bold to offer such a guarantee?

    I am aware of a short attack campaign that could result in tens of millions of American deaths. Some estimates range as high as 250-270 million Americans dead. The attacks are simple and easily within the abilities of many terrorist organizations we know of. We have an open southern border to make it easy for the terrorists to bring in the tools, weapons, and explosives they would need.

    If they are not completely successful the economic losses could rise into the low trillions of dollars.

    Other than in blissful ignorance how can you possibly offer up such a guarantee?

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No direct evidence of that.
    And in a few years you will be blaming george bush for missing the clues and failing to connect the dots...

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •