View Poll Results: What should be done to battle income inequality in the USA?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do not intervene

    47 51.09%
  • Yes, do intervene

    45 48.91%
Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1006

Thread: Income Inequality

  1. #621
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, they are protecting your property, you have much more value to protect, ergo, you should pay a greater level and rate.


    You mean to protect your property from hoodlums?

    I have seen lots of much better equipped FD in rich areas.

    Again, to protect your wealth.

    I hope it doesn't have to be pointed out once again that state local taxes are regressive.
    you are being dishonest or you are being ignorant

    yes my property is more valuable but it COSTS THE MILITARY NO MORE to protect it than the houses of the poor

    so your argument is beyond stupid

    we don't have many police calls in our area. we have alarms, and most of the neighbors are well armed and live in well protected homes.

    80% of all murder victims are criminals. most people robbed are poor or lower middle class

    try again

    LIFE IS REGRESSIVE

    BFD



  2. #622
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm not "wrong" you silly. He said "cons don't argue about the levels of services used", and then you prove HIM wrong.
    you are wrong. the rich use less government services than the poor, and far more direct expenses are utilized by the poor than the rich

    Look we get it, liberals want to justify their income redistribution as something other than envy. but we see through it



  3. #623
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A bit erroneous really. Police to the most part don't protect much of anything and are a terrible security force. They are far better at dealing with criminals after the fact than they are at protection.
    So going after criminals is not an effort to deter crime?

    Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #624
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are wrong. the rich use less government services than the poor, and far more direct expenses are utilized by the poor than the rich

    Look we get it, liberals want to justify their income redistribution as something other than envy. but we see through it
    It is something else other than envy, it is called "stability of a nation".

    You have never accepted the fact that the greater the level of inequality, the greater the chance for instability.

    Further, the higher the level of inequality, the slower a nation grows.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #625
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So going after criminals is not an effort to deter crime?

    Good to know.
    Unless the man were to commit another crime, no, it is not.

  6. #626
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is something else other than envy, it is called "stability of a nation".

    You have never accepted the fact that the greater the level of inequality, the greater the chance for instability.
    yeah, lefties cloak their envy and butthurt anger over those who are prosperous with grandiose claims that their screw the rich schemes are FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION.

    maybe they can convince themselves that envy doesn't permeate their arguments

    it doesn't work



  7. #627
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LIFE IS REGRESSIVE

    BFD
    This ranks right up their with your comments about Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #628
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This ranks right up their with your comments about Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
    Never said I was a diplomat. But its true. Life is regressive. And those who succeed shouldn't be taxed more just so people like you can pretend you are making things even for those who have failed



  9. #629
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah, lefties cloak their envy and butthurt anger over those who are prosperous with grandiose claims that their screw the rich schemes are FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION.

    maybe they can convince themselves that envy doesn't permeate their arguments

    it doesn't work
    Here is the irony of all this, back in the 50's, during a period when wealth (wage gains) were distributed much more fairly, it was done as a business decision by the heads of industry, and those heads did not feel the need to flaunt their wealth. Fast forward to today, we have business leaders not only setting as policy the limiting of wage gains (even in Silicon Valley) but the concentration of that wealth in their pockets while they do, very much so, flaunt it in the most obscene manners....and they have succeeded in convincing the population that the gap is not so great.

    As I said, you still will not admit to the destabilizing that inequality brings. 2008 did not phase you, perhaps a revolution would.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #630
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Here is the irony of all this, back in the 50's, during a period when wealth (wage gains) were distributed much more fairly, it was done as a business decision by the heads of industry, and those heads did not feel the need to flaunt their wealth. Fast forward to today, we have business leaders not only setting as policy the limiting of wage gains (even in Silicon Valley) but the concentration of that wealth in their pockets while they do, very much so, flaunt it in the most obscene manners....and they have succeeded in convincing the population that the gap is not so great.

    As I said, you still will not admit to the destabilizing that inequality brings. 2008 did not phase you, perhaps a revolution would.
    your concept of "fairly" has no value

    go ahead and revolt. I actually would like to see that happen rather than the long slow slide towards mediocrity where most people will allow it to happen


    start the revolution and we will get rid of the malignancy of public teat suckers rather quickly

    and you should start your revolution on my driveway. I have all these neat tools that I'd love to test out



Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •