View Poll Results: What should be done to battle income inequality in the USA?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do not intervene

    47 51.09%
  • Yes, do intervene

    45 48.91%
Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1006

Thread: Income Inequality

  1. #581
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    No you owe society as a whole.
    Do you use roads?
    Are their pipes to your house to hook up to for gas? Did you pay to have the electrical lines ran? Can you call the cops or fire department if necessary?

    I thought as much.
    You might think that is a strong argument, but it's actually pretty weak. Even if I owed the government anything for services I never asked to receive that debt would not lead to such things as paying for other peoples shelter, education, clothing, food, water, healthcare, or what have you. All I would owe the government is payment for what I use, which in this case would be roads, pipes, electrical lines, cops and the fire department.

  2. #582
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    Not sure how you think that is relevant to what I said. Can you explain?

    the parasitic left constantly whines about those who inherit wealth



  3. #583
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you didn't prove anything
    I most certainly did. Just like how cons give more than libs right? Or the meaning of the word starving...

    Its not my problem you try to refute fact...

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    Believe me, I don't have to lie.

    But,you have CLEARLY demonstrated your unwillingness to even remotely consider anything that does not fit neatly into your fantasy world.

    Congratulation on the close-minded approach ... you've taken it to a whole new level. You don't even want to hear that there might be alternatives to your position. It must be really boring to be so positive that you are always right.

    Don't worry ... you won't hear my story ... I wouldn't want to bore you.
    Yea that's what they all say when they don't have a story to backup what they say...

    Notice how I told you the ish hole I'm from?

    And I'm actually extremely open minded... Problem is I have heard these arguments several times before, and see right through em... Not to mention if it were up to you the world would starve to death, be wage slaves forever, and be a much bigger ish hole than it already is....

    Look back in this thread, someone tried to make almost the exact same claim... Problem was his numbers simply did not add up...

    He snitched on me for calling him a "dum dum" I might add...

  4. #584
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,578

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You might think that is a strong argument, but it's actually pretty weak. Even if I owed the government anything for services I never asked to receive that debt would not lead to such things as paying for other peoples shelter, education, clothing, food, water, healthcare, or what have you. All I would owe the government is payment for what I use, which in this case would be roads, pipes, electrical lines, cops and the fire department.
    Some things are an individual benefit, and should be paid for by the individual. Some things are a collective benefit, and should be paid for collectively. Education, roads, police and fire protection, a military to keep hostile nations at bay, and yes, hospitals are all in the latter category.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #585
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Some things are an individual benefit, and should be paid for by the individual. Some things are a collective benefit, and should be paid for collectively. Education, roads, police and fire protection, a military to keep hostile nations at bay, and yes, hospitals are all in the latter category.
    You could honestly put almost everything in the collective benefit category. I benefit from all sorts of things people do in their life indirectly, but that doesn't mean I owe them anything.

  6. #586
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,578

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You could honestly put almost everything in the collective benefit category. I benefit from all sorts of things people do in their life indirectly, but that doesn't mean I owe them anything.
    No, a house/apartment to live in, a car to drive, food in the frige, those things are an individual benefit. I shouldn't have to pay for someone else's rent. It is to my benefit to have a fire house handy, just in case your or my house catches fire, however. That is a collective benefit to be paid for collectively.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #587
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    I most certainly did. Just like how cons give more than libs right? Or the meaning of the word starving...

    Its not my problem you try to refute fact...



    Yea that's what they all say when they don't have a story to backup what they say...

    Notice how I told you the ish hole I'm from?

    And I'm actually extremely open minded... Problem is I have heard these arguments several times before, and see right through em... Not to mention if it were up to you the world would starve to death, be wage slaves forever, and be a much bigger ish hole than it already is....

    Look back in this thread, someone tried to make almost the exact same claim... Problem was his numbers simply did not add up...

    He snitched on me for calling him a "dum dum" I might add...
    no you didn't. you merely made the claim. there were not millions of americans STARVING during DDE's administration



  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    No, a house/apartment to live in, a car to drive, food in the frige, those things are an individual benefit. I shouldn't have to pay for someone else's rent. It is to my benefit to have a fire house handy, just in case your or my house catches fire, however. That is a collective benefit to be paid for collectively.
    Why? Is it not to your benefit that they are not homeless, have a car to get to work, and food to eat? Is it not to your benefit that children are not hungry when they go to school? Why doesn't this argument of collective benefit apply to almost anything people do to better their life?

  9. #589
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    I most certainly did. Just like how cons give more than libs right? Or the meaning of the word starving...

    Its not my problem you try to refute fact...



    Yea that's what they all say when they don't have a story to backup what they say...

    Notice how I told you the ish hole I'm from?

    And I'm actually extremely open minded... Problem is I have heard these arguments several times before, and see right through em... Not to mention if it were up to you the world would starve to death, be wage slaves forever, and be a much bigger ish hole than it already is....

    Look back in this thread, someone tried to make almost the exact same claim... Problem was his numbers simply did not add up...

    He snitched on me for calling him a "dum dum" I might add...
    You want my story?? Would it make a difference, or would you just discount it as an 'anecdote'? When, actually, it is proof that what you say is false. See, if I were to tell you my story, you would call it a lie, or an anecdote, and provides no proof at all. But, I would say ... quite to the contrary, it proves it can be done ... and, if I can do it, anybody can. They simply choose not to. And, THAT, does not compute in your fantasy world.

    So, if it were up to me, "world would starve to death, be wage slaves forever, and be a much bigger ish hole than it already is....". Interesting ... how do you know that to be true about me? Big on assumptions ... short on facts. You claim to be open minded ... but that's only when it fits neatly into your little paradigm. You have no tolerance for anything that violates YOUR perception of the world.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  10. #590
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You could honestly put almost everything in the collective benefit category. I benefit from all sorts of things people do in their life indirectly, but that doesn't mean I owe them anything.
    It is good to read your admission that you feel you have no obligations to society as a whole. I always knew you held to this selfish viewpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •