View Poll Results: What should be done to battle income inequality in the USA?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do not intervene

    47 51.09%
  • Yes, do intervene

    45 48.91%
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1006

Thread: Income Inequality

  1. #491
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Redistribution of wealth in the way in which you practice it is a socialist idea. It isn't even much better than the older socialist idea that everyone is entitled to equal property and when someone has more than another it is theft.

    The older idea had to be ignorant of differences in land, while your idea must be ignorant of the differences in people.
    Again, instead of understanding that the argument by me is to reduce revolution (civil unrest) by reducing economic inequality, the argument is turned on it's head to where equalizing economic gains becomes communism.

    But then as I have said many time, libertarians are among the most ignorant when it comes to history.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #492
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    Why do you want to minimize income inequality, comrade?


    What's happened is a huge shift in earning power. The wealth of earnings in this country has shifted way toward the 1% and away from what was our middle class. That's the income inequality that people are talking about. Those with the most money are buying income in blocks; particularly in industry and they are monpolizing our economy - again. It's a classic pryramid scheme and whole sectors of the country are getting poorer and poorer with less and less disposable income.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  3. #493
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    I think you're the only one confused. Maybe you meant reduce inequality but minimizing inequality is the goal of communism.
    Sad, you can't identify what inequality I am speaking to.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #494
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    A left wing french economist told him so, so it must be true.
    I have no idea what politics Piketty practices, but exactly how does that refute his studies?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #495
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, instead of understanding that the argument by me is to reduce revolution (civil unrest) by reducing economic inequality, the argument is turned on it's head to where equalizing economic gains becomes communism.

    But then as I have said many time, libertarians are among the most ignorant when it comes to history.
    That's basically why the founders founeded the country in the first place was to reduce unrest, keep their property, and stem a truly populist revolution.

    Also no one ever tried communism all the way through.... They always get stuck on the second or third step because power is consolidated and getting ppl to give it up is very hard...

  6. #496
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    I can only imagine the horrors that entails.
    Horrors like paying ppl fairly for their labor? Or single payer so insurance company's aren't artificially jacking up prices?

  7. #497
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Income Inequality

    How does simply citing him prove your point? Not at all. I gave a specific example of how raising taxes on capital would hurt the middle class. All you did was mention a Marxist in a beret. Say specifically how it would help the middle class. Or the poor for that matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I have no idea what politics Piketty practices, but exactly how does that refute his studies?

  8. #498
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Income Inequality

    Oh brother.



    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Horrors like paying ppl fairly for their labor? Or single payer so insurance company's aren't artificially jacking up prices?

  9. #499
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Good for them. What have they done for the planet with that higher standard of living? I'm not trying to insult Denmark, but saying "we're better than you are, but we've been totally useless on the world stage" just isn't impressive.
    What do we do for the planet besides destroy it? And enslave its ppl for the gains of a few vastly wealthy ones?

  10. #500
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    Oh brother.
    Conservative ideals are anti ppl. This country has gone so far to the right its absurd.

    Liberalism is dead Obama and Clinton proved that.

Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •