View Poll Results: What should be done to battle income inequality in the USA?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do not intervene

    47 51.09%
  • Yes, do intervene

    45 48.91%
Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1006

Thread: Income Inequality

  1. #481
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Income Inequality

    Lulz. And Marx too, I bet.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Raising taxes on CAPITAL GAINS, in lieu of business not raising wages, will help the middle class, ie Piketty.

  2. #482
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What measure are you using for "financially successful"? The point is that if the gains are being concentrated to the top, we are not "successful"
    Sure we are. We create things that make the planet a better place to live. The overwhelming majority of technical developments that have improved the planet come straight out of the U.S.

    How are you justifying this? Are you saying that they are less productive? They have less skills? They do not work as many hours? "everyone ought to have the same thing"
    Less education, less skills, have made poor life choices, etc. That's speaking generally, of course, but those who do things right can improve their situation in life.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #483
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    Why do you want to minimize income inequality
    Uh, the ills that it causes a society are well documented.

    comrade?
    The irony is, that communism was a reaction to vast levels of inequality, but here again, the call to reduce inequality is being equated to communism.

    The confusion of the RW is apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, the ills that it causes a society are well documented.
    Then you shouldn't have any problem pointing them out with supporting evidence that they are ills.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #485
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Sure we are. We create things that make the planet a better place to live. The overwhelming majority of technical developments that have improved the planet come straight out of the U.S.
    But the creation of so many of those technologies came about DURING THE PERIOD OF EQUAL WAGE GAINS, POST WWII TO 1979.

    They are not mutually exclusive.



    Less education, less skills, have made poor life choices, etc. That's speaking generally, of course, but those who do things right can improve their situation in life.
    We have a higher educated, greater skilled workforce that is producing at higher level of productivity while wages in real terms have declined. I have shown this many times and can do so again, I want you to show, generally, that the workforce is as you say it is to justify your argument that the American workforce deserves lower pay in real terms and declining rates of wage gains.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #486
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Income Inequality

    I think you're the only one confused. Maybe you meant reduce inequality but minimizing inequality is the goal of communism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, the ills that it causes a society are well documented.

    The irony is, that communism was a reaction to vast levels of inequality, but here again, the call to reduce inequality is being equated to communism.

    The confusion of the RW is apparent.

  7. #487
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Income Inequality

    A left wing french economist told him so, so it must be true.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then you shouldn't have any problem pointing them out with supporting evidence that they are ills.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, the ills that it causes a society are well documented.

    The irony is, that communism was a reaction to vast levels of inequality, but here again, the call to reduce inequality is being equated to communism.

    The confusion of the RW is apparent.
    Redistribution of wealth in the way in which you practice it is a socialist idea. It isn't even much better than the older socialist idea that everyone is entitled to equal property and when someone has more than another it is theft.

    The older idea had to be ignorant of differences in land, while your idea must be ignorant of the differences in people.

  9. #489
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    workers who want to be middle class in terms of US standards need to be able to compete better than the middle classes in India, China, Mexico etc
    And how do American workers do that? Lower their wage demands? Make themselves as cheap as possible?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  10. #490
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then you shouldn't have any problem pointing them out with supporting evidence that they are ills.
    That is simple, what do think was the driving force behind Marx's argument, what do you think was the driving force behind the Russian Revolution? What inequality do you think Marx (and Engels) and Lenin saw?

    What do you think drove TR to bust up Trusts?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •