View Poll Results: What should be done to battle income inequality in the USA?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do not intervene

    47 51.09%
  • Yes, do intervene

    45 48.91%
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1006

Thread: Income Inequality

  1. #431
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You have posted a string of falsehoods and I don't care to engage with such irrationality.
    Untrue you wish to deny reality.

  2. #432
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Untrue you wish to deny reality.
    Keep up the good work.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #433
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Its this kind of mentality that destroys america. Why should you not be able to make a decent living working their? What about the mentally an physically handicapped and seniors that get stuck in such jobs? Or just dumb ppl? Why do they deserve to not eat?

    Again GO AWAY LIAR
    You poor pathetic felon. Life has been so cruel to you. Now go spark up a twister and sit in the corner and keep feeling sorry for yourself. Care to share with us all about how many people are starving each year? Where are all these so called poor starving people in the USA? I never see any of those poor emaciated bodies walking down the street begging for scraps of food. People like you who are so bitter and angry about being losers in life are what is wrong with America today. You are nothing but pathetic. Rant over, I can't waste anymore time with losers like you.

  4. #434
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    You poor pathetic felon. Life has been so cruel to you. Now go spark up a twister and sit in the corner and keep feeling sorry for yourself. Care to share with us all about how many people are starving each year? Where are all these so called poor starving people in the USA? I never see any of those poor emaciated bodies walking down the street begging for scraps of food. People like you who are so bitter and angry about being losers in life are what is wrong with America today. You are nothing but pathetic. Rant over, I can't waste anymore time with losers like you.
    Yes I am a loser and yet you are the one that feels the need to blatantly lie about his childhood to make a point on a internet forum.

    I guarantee I will make more money than you and have a much more fulfilling life by helping others.

    Go away liar.

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Wrong. The union (in all cases except construction and pigs) protects employees from predatory employers and unsafe working conditions. And back in the day unions did great things for cops and construction worker...
    I was not arguing that unions have done nothing for workers, but that it is the wrong approach to take as it causes the underlining problems to get worse. The idea should be to improve relations, not to make your employer your opponent and enemy. The relationship of employee and employer is a partnership and any solution to fix the relationship should keep that in mind.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I was not arguing that unions have done nothing for workers, but that it is the wrong approach to take as it causes the underlining problems to get worse. The idea should be to improve relations, not to make your employer your opponent and enemy. The relationship of employee and employer is a partnership and any solution to fix the relationship should keep that in mind.
    Having a union allows the employees to bargain on a level playing field. If the employees have to each bargain individually, then they have no clout.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #437
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I was not arguing that unions have done nothing for workers, but that it is the wrong approach to take as it causes the underlining problems to get worse. The idea should be to improve relations, not to make your employer your opponent and enemy. The relationship of employee and employer is a partnership and any solution to fix the relationship should keep that in mind.
    Well if we regulated the job place properly I might agree. I don't however because it is far from regulated properly. Unions are needed today for lots of ppl. Otherwise they would get screwed by their employer.
    Last edited by b_dubz; 09-27-14 at 01:51 AM.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Having a union allows the employees to bargain on a level playing field. If the employees have to each bargain individually, then they have no clout.
    Collective bargaining allows unions to blackmail and bully employers into doing what they want.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Collective bargaining allows unions to blackmail and bully employers into doing what they want.
    Only if the manager is a wussie and allows it to happen.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #440
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Collective bargaining allows unions to blackmail and bully employers into doing what they want.
    Haha good one bully employers.....

    If anything employers bully unions and employees out of existence.

Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •