View Poll Results: What should be done to battle income inequality in the USA?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do not intervene

    47 51.09%
  • Yes, do intervene

    45 48.91%
Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1006

Thread: Income Inequality

  1. #351
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I'd like the Constitution to actually be followed. if states want to engage in handouts so be it

    the ones who create the biggest public tits will be overrun with tit suckers and those who actually pay the freight will leave and pretty soon the tit sucker states will go bankrupt
    Yes continue to ignore what starving means...

    I would like to do away with the document that coopted what should have been a peoples revolution.

    The founders then proceeded to put down any actual populist revolution their after, and boy their were allot of em...

    For their own gains and to maintain their own ill gotten property.

  2. #352
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well you certainly aren't contributing much sense from where I stand. Your posts are nothing more than boo hoo, blame the rich for your own failures
    You mean blame the rich for their wrong doing and endless greed.

  3. #353
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Well again you would be lying on both fronts then IMO.

    I actually know ppl that were raised in such situations, and they were very VERY hungry for most of their childhood (that is until they decided to go out and hustle) their parents scrimped and saved and still could not afford to buy food for them (they ate loads of McDonalds, and still were hungry)

    What your saying (by today's standards) would mean your mom supported a family of 4 on 286$ a week. That's 14,872$ a year... Assuming she worked every week. You would have starved.

    Furthermore if your older the minimum wage has not increased with productivity (it would be 25 bucks a hr) and a living wage is more like 15$

    This is confounded because since 1970 the poverty line has only taken into account inflation. Not rising food costs, or gas or anything else.

    So even if you are telling the truth (which I am skeptical about, especially since you refuse to back claims about your current job) the problem has gotten much worse. Not better. Even though both dems and republicans continue to deregulate and give breaks to the rich.

    And I'm not mad, I'm calling you out.
    You are making it sound like I am proclaiming to have eaten steak every night. Damn right I went to bed at night hungry sometimes. I remember shopping at Goodwill for school clothes. I got one pair of shoes a year some years. I never said every night was a party. But what I did say was that I was NOT taught to be envious or jealous of others. I went out and made money doing yard work pulling weeds. I delivered papers for money. I worked from an early age and learned to take care of myself to help my mother. You can call me out all you want. Evidently you went to college and can not find a job that pays more than minimum wage and you are now angry and bitter at the world for not taking care of you. Pull up your boot straps and take care of yourself, you just may like it.

  4. #354
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    You are making it sound like I am proclaiming to have eaten steak every night. Damn right I went to bed at night hungry sometimes. I remember shopping at Goodwill for school clothes. I got one pair of shoes a year some years. I never said every night was a party. But what I did say was that I was NOT taught to be envious or jealous of others. I went out and made money doing yard work pulling weeds. I delivered papers for money. I worked from an early age and learned to take care of myself to help my mother. You can call me out all you want. Evidently you went to college and can not find a job that pays more than minimum wage and you are now angry and bitter at the world for taking care of you. Pull up your boot straps and take care of yourself, you just may like it.
    No actually I didn't have money to go to college either. I have worked dang hard for everything I have and have seen those that really did grow up in these sorts of circumstances. (Or worse)

    If what you say is true, you would have been hungry 24/7 365. You would have not had money to shop at good will. Your mom would have barely been able to put scraps (or today mcdoubles) on the table once a day, and sometimes not that. You would have been through homelessness at some point because she would not have been able to afford rent...

    Again stop with the bull dude you would have starved on the street with that income and no public assistance... You would have thought the poverty line was the horizon.

  5. #355
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well you certainly aren't contributing much sense from where I stand. Your posts are nothing more than boo hoo, blame the rich for your own failures
    I'm not claiming to be a failure, nor am I entirely blaming the rich, it's a systemic issue and the imbalance of wealth is a symptom of the issue.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  6. #356
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,576

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Yes continue to ignore what starving means...

    I would like to do away with the document that coopted what should have been a peoples revolution.

    The founders then proceeded to put down any actual populist revolution their after, and boy their were allot of em...

    For their own gains and to maintain their own ill gotten property.
    so tell us all what you do for a living?

    you seem rather bitter



  7. #357
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    No actually I didn't have money to go to college either. I have worked dang hard for everything I have and have seen those that really did grow up in these sorts of circumstances. (Or worse)

    If what you say is true, you would have been hungry 24/7 365. You would have not had money to shop at good will. Your mom would have barely been able to put scraps (or today mcdoubles) on the table once a day, and sometimes not that. You would have been through homelessness at some point because she would not have been able to afford rent...

    Again stop with the bull dude you would have starved on the street with that income and no public assistance... You would have thought the poverty line was the horizon.
    You have no idea what you are talking about and keep proving it over and over. It is a shame that people like you live in a dream bubble. I have nothing to prove to you are anyone...I lived it. I hope that anger and bitterness leaves you someday and you join the real world.

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    I agree but I don't think it's that their even that socialist leaning.... Its that America is absurdly capitalist to the point of bleeding it dry...
    What makes you think capitalism is bleeding America dry?

  9. #359
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about and keep proving it over and over. It is a shame that people like you live in a dream bubble. I have nothing to prove to you are anyone...I lived it. I hope that anger and bitterness leaves you someday and you join the real world.
    Really a dream bubble? Its a shame cons feel the need to lie to make their point because they can't do it with fact or intellect.

    How did I prove I don't know what I'm talking about? Because i called you out on something that finacally obviously makes 0 sense? OK your in a bubble but wouldn't call it a dream. More like a actual poor persons worst nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so tell us all what you do for a living?

    you seem rather bitter
    Sell weed and work at a health food coop 40 hrs a week at least. I'm not bitter I just don't like greedy ppl.

    If it were legal I would make allot more. If I weren't a felon I could move. I will move one day, and one day ppl like you will be forced to eat your humble pie by the masses. Promise.

    You are greedy and immoral.

    What does starving mean? Wanna keep avoiding arguing with the dictionary?

  10. #360
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,576

    Re: Income Inequality

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Really a dream bubble? Its a shame cons feel the need to lie to make their point because they can't do it with fact or intellect.

    How did I prove I don't know what I'm talking about? Because i called you out on something that finacally obviously makes 0 sense? OK your in a bubble but wouldn't call it a dream. More like a actual poor persons worst nightmare

    Sell weed and work at a health food coop 40 hrs a week at least. I'm not bitter I just don't like greedy ppl.

    If it were legal I would make allot more. If I weren't a felon I could move. I will move one day, and one day ppl like you will be forced to eat your humble pie by the masses. Promise.

    You are greedy and immoral.

    What does starving mean? Wanna keep avoiding arguing with the dictionary?
    so you are felon who sells dope?


    and I give away more in a month than you make in a year



Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •