View Poll Results: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I still feel the same.

    30 50.00%
  • It's complicated.

    17 28.33%
  • No, I have switched my thoughts.

    5 8.33%
  • The whole thing makes my head hurt.

    8 13.33%
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 382

Thread: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

  1. #131
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I supported Afghanistan. I felt that we had some great opportunities but dropped the ball. Now it is a mess.

    I DID NOT support Iraq in any way, shape or form. Not once. Not from the beginning.

    I support going in and ****ing up ISIS 100% as long as others provide at least an equal number of boots.
    Like any other major war we have become involved in, Iraq enjoyed initial overall support in the US. It lost much of that support as it dragged on. Americans whether or not we support a war like quick and clean victories. Kick ass and come home except for a contingent of forces to maintain the peace as we did in Germany and Japan. We need to go back to declaring war and allowing the military to finish it. No more police actions.

  2. #132
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Obama was trying to impress the warhawks, and that's the only reason he supported a surge in Afghanistan. The GOP ran a campaign against him and constantly challenged him to say a surge in Iraq worked, which it didn't. Iraq is still ****ed up, obviously. Both surges were nothing more than BS American politics.
    You are wrong on both counts. Obama had no intention of impressing the warhawks. He was only concerned with mollifying his extreme leftwing base as much as he could. He worked out that he could not completely turn down the surge, so he just drastically cut the numbers that the Generals in the field and the joint chiefs requested. He did it half assed. And the surge certainly did work in Iraq. Your suggestion that it did not is nothing more then BS American politics.

  3. #133
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That, and Americans that had the **** scared out of them by rhetoric like, "do we have to wait for the smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud over a US city"? Which was stated when it was apparent that even with the unprecedented access Hans Blix had, he could find no WMD.
    Blix had unprecedented access? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! He was handled like a poodle. The Iraqis had the inspector's rooms bugged and knew were they were going, practically before they did.

  4. #134
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    The middle east has always been chaotic. There has always been war. Even before the Crusades.


    The only reason we give a **** is because they're drowning in oil. No oil? We go back to ignoring them, like we had been doing for the last 300 years prior to the demand for oil.

    Think about it. Most of the middle east ascribes to a religion that places very little value on human life. It is, as a culture, antiquated to the extreme, BY DESIGN. Think of them as almost being violent Amish. When you way of life dictated by tenants that are a thousand years expired, and your leaders are indoctrinated and compelled to INDOCTRINATE those very same tenants upon their populace, this is what happens.

    Imagine what THIS country would look like if each individual interpretation of Christianity had the added belief that all the OTHERS were infidels who cannot be suffered to live...at least not in the same vicinity as themselves.
    Ahhh..the ole blood for oil chant. If it was all about oil....why didn't we keep Kuwait or Iraq's oil?

  5. #135
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so you're not willing to pay more in taxes to fund this new war?

    i don't support putting any more wars on the credit card. if it's worth fighting, it's worth funding. wartime tax rates should go into effect every time there is a military action, and these increases should be significant. perhaps then the public would be less complacent about endless war.
    Everything our government does these days in on the credit card. Social Security checks are on the credit card. Welfare entitlements are on the credit card. It's not military ventures that is breaking the bank. It's the runaway entitlement system. We have nearly 50 million Americans on food stamps.

  6. #136
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    The middle east has always been chaotic. There has always been war. Even before the Crusades.

    The only reason we give a **** is because they're drowning in oil. No oil? We go back to ignoring them, like we had been doing for the last 300 years prior to the demand for oil.

    Think about it. Most of the middle east ascribes to a religion that places very little value on human life. It is, as a culture, antiquated to the extreme, BY DESIGN. Think of them as almost being violent Amish. When you way of life dictated by tenants that are a thousand years expired, and your leaders are indoctrinated and compelled to INDOCTRINATE those very same tenants upon their populace, this is what happens.

    Imagine what THIS country would look like if each individual interpretation of Christianity had the added belief that all the OTHERS were infidels who cannot be suffered to live...at least not in the same vicinity as themselves.
    Agreed. The ME has always been relatively unstable. Western meddling only magnified that.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Wikipedia can be edited by the reader...the New York times is a joke. And the UPI correspondent posted a story off the rumor mill. Post it from a mainstream US news source and I will take it seriously. I could not find it on any mainstream US site. Not even the left wing CNN. I don't doubt that the CIA had connections to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war. I just do not buy the fantasy that the CIA groomed Saddam or the Baath Party into power
    But the NYTimes is MSM!! So is the LATimes.

    In fact, Hussein's exile ended in 1963, when his Baathist colleagues seized power with covert U.S. assistance. "We rode to power on a CIA train," the party's secretary general, Ali Saleh Saadi, admitted later.

    http://articles.latimes.com/2006/dec.../oe-cockburn30
    Last edited by Montecresto; 09-25-14 at 09:52 AM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #138
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so you're not willing to pay more in taxes to fund this new war?

    i don't support putting any more wars on the credit card. if it's worth fighting, it's worth funding. wartime tax rates should go into effect every time there is a military action, and these increases should be significant. perhaps then the public would be less complacent about endless war.
    Yep! That and the draft would go a long way to curb war.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #139
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    But the NYTimes is MSM!! So is the LATimes.

    In fact, Hussein's exile ended in 1963, when his Baathist colleagues seized power with covert U.S. assistance. "We rode to power on a CIA train," the party's secretary general, Ali Saleh Saadi, admitted later.

    So long to `our' tyrant - Los Angeles Times
    The New York times is considered mainstream...however it also just barely above tabloid.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you still feel the same now about our middle east involvement...

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Blix had unprecedented access? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! He was handled like a poodle. The Iraqis had the inspector's rooms bugged and knew were they were going, practically before they did.
    No links from the guy that demands MSM links from everybody else!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •