View Poll Results: is it ever allowable for a Parent to punish their child with force?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 66.67%
  • No

    15 21.74%
  • Other (explain)

    8 11.59%
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 382

Thread: Parents: Punishing Kids [W:361]

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    You made a statement based on an untrue premise, which led to a flawed conclusion.

    All I did was point out your claim of it being "common sense" was unfounded.
    Really, just beat that dead horse. Using common sense when disciplining your children is not unfounded. And from the get go I said not to use a weapon.
    Other wise quote me exactly and how it differs from that and what I was responding to. Otherwise you are doing the usual and making the topic about a poster and not the issue.
    You do that when your argument is weak and basically stupid.

  2. #352
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Really, just beat that dead horse. Using common sense when disciplining your children is not unfounded. And from the get go I said not to use a weapon.
    Other wise quote me exactly and how it differs from that and what I was responding to. Otherwise you are doing the usual and making the topic about a poster and not the issue.
    You do that when your argument is weak and basically stupid.
    That has nothing to do with why you said what you said in your initial post. You are now trying to save face, I understand that but it is unnecessary. I already pointed out why you were wrong. If you want to continue to rant about it thats OK, but it does not change why you posted what you did.

    Now we need to move on as we are just distracting from the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    That has nothing to do with why you said what you said in your initial post. You are now trying to save face, I understand that but it is unnecessary. I already pointed out why you were wrong. If you want to continue to rant about it thats OK, but it does not change why you posted what you did.

    Now we need to move on as we are just distracting from the OP.
    I said quote me. Quote a "rant" as well as I have not "ranted". Only made the observation that anyone that does what Peterson did is a loser. Let me quess, you are trying to justify beating the hell out of your kids.

  4. #354
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I said quote me. Quote a "rant" as well as I have not "ranted". Only made the observation that anyone that does what Peterson did is a loser. Let me quess, you are trying to justify beating the hell out of your kids.
    I said nothing about anyone "ranting" except for your defense of saying force does not mean spanking, but it does. And now you are going to try and make the subject about me with your ad hominem "you are trying to justify beating the hell out of your kids.."

    The thread is not about me or my children. You might want to actually read what I said before making asinine accusations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not sure how you can deserve to be assaulted though.
    Sometimes you can earn yourself a beat down. That's not necessarily related to this topic, but yes one can deserve it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    If you want to continue to rant about it thats OK, but it does not change why you posted what you did.

    Now we need to move on as we are just distracting from the OP.
    You need further evidence? And you were the one trying to get away from the OP by splitting some hairs about what I said and what I meant in your opinion.
    Anyway, how is that child beating going? Working pretty good?

  7. #357
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You need further evidence? And you were the one trying to get away from the OP by splitting some hairs about what I said and what I meant in your opinion.
    No I was pointing out you said my statement was invalid because you said...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    We really are not talking "spanking"
    This is reference to my saying force includes all forms of physical punishment.

    Which you followed up with...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Its called common sense. Never use "force" while angry or frustrated. Never use a weapon, I don't care how accepted it was however long ago. Lots of things were accepted "way back" that are not acceptable in todays age.
    So I was not nit picking. You were claiming spanking is force, but it's not. In an effort to somehow disqualify my reasonable post.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Anyway, how is that child beating going? Working pretty good?
    Having no argument you again resort to ad hominems.

    In the arena of debate it is nothing more than saying "I have nothing reasonable to say."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    No I was pointing out you said my statement was invalid because you said...



    This is reference to my saying force includes all forms of physical punishment.

    Which you followed up with...



    So I was not nit picking. You were claiming spanking is force, but it's not. In an effort to somehow disqualify my reasonable post.



    Having no argument you again resort to ad hominems.

    In the arena of debate it is nothing more than saying "I have nothing reasonable to say."
    Said all the reasonable things I need to. Where is this all coming from? Oh, yea. Peterson beating his kid with a switch. Not an open hand, but a weapon.
    You wish to split hairs about spanking and beating. Sounds like justifying.

  9. #359
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Said all the reasonable things I need to. Where is this all coming from? Oh, yea. Peterson beating his kid with a switch. Not an open hand, but a weapon.
    You wish to split hairs about spanking and beating. Sounds like justifying.[/QUOTE]

    Well I guess to a mind that is pretty much incapable of recognizing the difference between abuse and physical discipline, yea. I can see it now...

    Teen arrested for snapping towle in locker room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Parents: Punishing Kids

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    You wish to split hairs about spanking and beating. Sounds like justifying.
    Well I guess to a mind that is pretty much incapable of recognizing the difference between abuse and physical discipline, yea. I can see it now...

    Teen arrested for snapping towle in locker room.[/QUOTE]Sounds like more justifying. Oh, and we are not talking teens in locker rooms. Try to stay on subject. No strawmen needed.

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •