View Poll Results: Should We Abolish The NEA?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, replace it with nothing.

    23 34.85%
  • Yes, privatize it.

    8 12.12%
  • Yes, localize it and let the states handle it.

    4 6.06%
  • No, keep it.

    22 33.33%
  • No, but it needs strong reforms.

    6 9.09%
  • Other

    3 4.55%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 155

Thread: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

  1. #81
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I find you offensive. Maybe we should just ban you, since the vast majority enjoys art.

    What do you think about that idea?




    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen."
    ~ Tommy Smothers
    Ban away. If you got the juice...do it. If not just STFU.

  2. #82
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    The
    NEA should have been dissolved a long time ago.
    It's another example of a federal creature that is not authorized by anything in the Constitution, meaning that creating it was an an illegitimate exercise of government power.


    Believe whatever you want to believe but you'll never live to see the day that the NEA goes away.

    Wait and see.

  3. #83
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    Ban away. If you got the juice...do it.
    If not just STFU.

    You're the person who brought up the banning idea. Think about it.

    You'll never shut me up.

  4. #84
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Believe whatever you want to believe but you'll never live to see the day that the NEA goes away.

    Wait and see.
    While you are probably right, it's not because there is some pressing need to have the NEA exist. More to do with the fact that Government can't stop itself from spending itself into oblivion.

    You know that the arts will continue to exist even without the NEA right?

  5. #85
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You're the person who brought up the banning idea. Think about it.

    You'll never shut me up.
    Alright, I thought about it. Now are you going to ban me? You are the one who wanted to ban me. Go for it.

  6. #86
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    While you are probably right, it's not because there is some pressing need to have the NEA exist. More to do with the fact that Government can't stop itself from spending itself into oblivion.

    You know that the arts will continue to exist even without the NEA right?


    I know that the NEA will continue to exist for a long time, So your rhetorical question is meaningless.

    Accept reality and move on.

  7. #87
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    Alright, I thought about it.
    Now are you going to ban me?
    You are the one who wanted to ban me. Go for it.


    Stick around, every forum should have at least one anti-intellectual member.

  8. #88
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Blatantly unconstitutional.

    Should be abolished immediately.

  9. #89
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    24

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    [/COLOR][/B]



    I sure would, and I have.

    How do you know that one of the artists that some would cut off funding for isn't on the verge of creating a work of art just as great as Michelangelos's David? The answer, of course, is that you don't and you don't care care because you just want to cut funding.

    People like you will never put an end to the NEA.Deal with it.
    Wow! With such an emphasis on what might be, you are clearly anti-abortion. And as you believe you have the right to force me from my money in order to support the possibility that it would be the enabling means for the next Michealangelo, the you surely do not mind stifling a woman's right to choose after she has already chosen to spread her legs. You really are a hard case.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Should The National Endowment For The Arts (NEA) Be Abolished?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    [/COLOR][/B]



    I sure would, and I have.

    How do you know that one of the artists that some would cut off funding for isn't on the verge of creating a work of art just as great as Michelangelos's David? The answer, of course, is that you don't and you don't care care because you just want to cut funding.

    People like you will never put an end to the NEA.Deal with it.
    So?

    No one is going to drop dead if some wunderkind painter goes unrecognized.

    Besides, how many of the masses give a rat's buttocks about painting's? Almost none.

    If the public are so desperate for a NEA, they can fund it themselves...through private/corporate donations.

    And if not enough do, then the bloody thing should die.

    This notion that the government should take hard-working, taxpayer's dollars to fund artistic endeavours that the vast majority do not care in the slightest about is ridiculous, IMO.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •