View Poll Results: Is ISIL Islamic

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    61 93.85%
  • No.

    4 6.15%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 154

Thread: Is ISIL Islamic?

  1. #21
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wait a minute. Westboro being Christian and the Pope being Catholic are kinda different things.
    Yea I know. Wasnt morally equating the two.


  2. #22
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,081

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yup just as Westboro is Christian, the KKK is Christian, and the Pope is Catholic.
    The KKK and Westboro are pervert versions of Christianity as is ISIL a perverted versions of Islam. Extremism usually is played out of bounds.

  3. #23
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yup just as Westboro is Christian, the KKK is Christian, and the Pope is Catholic.
    You know people with your type of thinking is rather ignorant and dangerous. The Westboro Baptists do not represent the Christian faith. Neither do the KKK. And the pope only represents one faction. Those who are not Christians love to point out the extremes within those who claim to be Christians. There have been a lot of heinous things done in history in the name of Christ. They were declared to be just by not so perfect men. This crap is getting old. You are one on this forum that grabs every headline you can to diminish those who are genuine in their faith. Stick a sock in it.

  4. #24
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yea I know. Wasnt morally equating the two.
    I didn't mean moral equation, I meant regarding the legitimacy of each claim. Certainly, most would claim Westboro are extremists that do not truly follow Christianity, while I think everyone agrees the Pope does represent true Catholicism.

  5. #25
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You know people with your type of thinking is rather ignorant and dangerous. The Westboro Baptists do not represent the Christian faith. Neither do the KKK. And the pope only represents one faction. Those who are not Christians love to point out the extremes within those who claim to be Christians. There have been a lot of heinous things done in history in the name of Christ. They were declared to be just by not so perfect men. This crap is getting old. You are one on this forum that grabs every headline you can to diminish those who are genuine in their faith. Stick a sock in it.
    I never said "they represent them" I said they ARE Christian.


  6. #26
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I didn't mean moral equation, I meant regarding the legitimacy of each claim. Certainly, most would claim Westboro are extremists that do not truly follow Christianity, while I think everyone agrees that the Pope does represent true Catholicism.
    Never said they dont "represent them" said they ARE Christian.


  7. #27
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    The KKK and Westboro are pervert versions of Christianity as is ISIL a perverted versions of Islam. Extremism usually is played out of bounds.
    Perversion ≠ they are christian/islamic/buddhist/"insert x religion here"


  8. #28
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Never said they dont "represent them" said they ARE Christian.
    But when you said ~"just as the Pope is Catholic", you seem to have entirely dropped the context of "just as" at the end of your sentence.

    My point: it's not "just as", it's different.



    Westboro is not to Christianity just as the Pope is to Catholicism.

    Get it?

  9. #29
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Does "Islamic" really mean "what we in the West want Islam to be", or does "Islamic" mean... well.... Islamic.

    Sparked by the below:
    1. Your reference says that "Islam means peace" - IIRC, Islam means "submission".

    2. ISIL is every bit as Islamic as the Crusaders were mainstream "Christian".
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #30
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Is ISIL Islamic?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I never said "they represent them" I said they ARE Christian.
    Anyone can call themselves whatever they want. If they don't walk the walk and talk the talk then that proves them not to be what they claim....period. You however relish in highlighting on the hypocrisies instead of highlighting the good of the genuine because it plays into your political stance.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •