View Poll Results: Do you believe that was hit first hit?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 4.17%
  • No

    22 91.67%
  • Maybe

    0 0%
  • I don't know

    1 4.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Do you think that was Ray Rices first punch?

  1. #11
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you think that was Ray Rices first punch?

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    People are saying she's only with him bc of his money, and he's (was) her meal ticket. I disagree since they started dating in HS when there was no money! Anyway, since he graduated from a back handed slap to a full on punch, I highly doubt this was the first episode of domestic violence. I'm guessing people who have been close to the couple over the yrs will come out and share that this wasn't the first time.... or maybe it was.
    While there is no video proof (that we know of), the notion that this was his first time is pretty damn unlikely.

    Re: her being there for the money... Yes, there are women who do that, but that is actually fairly rare, I believe. It's actually probably more common for women to *stay* there for the money, I think, especially if they come from a poor background. Is it possible she stayed for the money/lifestyle? It's possible, but in this case I'm doubting it. I wouldn't be surprised if, through life experience and observation, she believes that this is just how life is supposed to be.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #12
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you think that was Ray Rices first punch?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I seriously doubt we have any wife beaters here.
    Oh, no. Internet people are the paragons of virtue in our society. Just ask them, they'll tell you.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #13
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Do you think that was Ray Rices first punch?

    I'm going to say it wasn't his first punch.

    He dragged her out of an elevator. If it were his first punch, it's possible that he would have felt remorse, and tried to help her. Usually the callousness that would allow him to drag her out of that elevator, caveman style, builds up over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Do you think that was Ray Rices first punch?

    The sad part is this women is defending him because she thinks it is worth getting punched out now and then in order to have a rich husband and be a rich wife. She is as guilty as he is.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,985

    Re: Do you think that was Ray Rices first punch?

    HE is a scumbag repeat offender... no doubt in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •