View Poll Results: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

    13 19.40%
  • Negative

    30 44.78%
  • Other

    24 35.82%
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 419

Thread: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

  1. #391
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Give me your intelligent rejection of Chomsky and Ron Paul.
    See what I mean? You couldn't even read a 25 word sentence and get it right.

    I reject the positions of Chomsky and Paul, depending on their position on the particular issue involved.

    Your question indicates that I would reject them categorically ... much like your approach. I reject that ....

  2. #392
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    See what I mean? You couldn't even read a 25 word sentence and get it right.

    I reject the positions of Chomsky and Paul, depending on their position on the particular issue involved.

    Your question indicates that I would reject them categorically ... much like your approach. I reject that ....
    Funny you!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #393
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    [...] These were people who very much did indeed believe what they said they did when it came to ideology. [...] Like ISIS today, these people divided the world into two basic camps: Those who were subservient, and those who were enemies.
    Sounds like the GOP ideology too

  4. #394
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What are your thoughts on the Presidents speech about ISIS?
    Didn't watch it, but based on the reporting I am sure it qualifies as an Alice in Wonderland moment, which only goes to show that Ike was right.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Sounds like the GOP ideology too
    Throughout several US administrations, there was an us (capitalism) verses them (socialism/Communism) divide. Several left leaning democracies (feared to be communist) were subjected to regime change, replaced by right wing dictatorships!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #396
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,105

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Can you name a country that departed the Soviet Union that either the Soviet Union or Russia, hasn't invaded?
    That's sort of the point, Monte. We didn't force France, the Soviets did force the Czechs, the Hungarians, etc.

  7. #397
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,105

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Sounds like the GOP ideology too
    uh-huh. right. Tell me more about Chicago-style politics and which party dominates it?

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Thoughts?

    The mid terms are coming and Americans love a good war with few U.S. casualties and lots of explosions on the news.

    What better way to distract Americans from a mediocre economy that refuses to rev up, rising national debt and inept leadership?

    ISIS is just what the doctor ordered.

    No real threat to America but the beheading's and threats scare the (since 9/11) spineless American masses.

    Blowing a few hundred of them up should raise the Dems poll numbers nicely.

  9. #399
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's sort of the point, Monte. We didn't force France, the Soviets did force the Czechs, the Hungarians, etc.
    So you missed it. One country left NATO and hasn't been invaded over it, is there not more then one country that had left the USSR that didn't get invaded?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #400
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Thoughts on Presidents Speech about ISIS and US Actions?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Thoughts?

    The mid terms are coming and Americans love a good war with few U.S. casualties and lots of explosions on the news.

    What better way to distract Americans from a mediocre economy that refuses to rev up, rising national debt and inept leadership?

    ISIS is just what the doctor ordered.

    No real threat to America but the beheading's and threats scare the (since 9/11) spineless American masses.

    Blowing a few hundred of them up should raise the Dems poll numbers nicely.
    Well, I will agree with you that this is being hyped out of proportion. But many of the hypsters, are republicans like Graham and McCain.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •