View Poll Results: Which is Worse?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Threat #1

    12 24.00%
  • Threat #2

    14 28.00%
  • Threat #3

    11 22.00%
  • All the above

    5 10.00%
  • None

    6 12.00%
  • Other

    9 18.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

  1. #21
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,789

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Draft dodgers should've never had to escape to Canada, it was one of our more shameful endeavors. It's not that your gov't has a better system of laws but rather a more advantageous culture of following the 'spirit of the law', rather than just the letter of it.
    If that's how you feel, then President Carter should not have had granting them amnesty shoved up his ass during the 1980 election by the GOP .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    ISIS and Russia.


    Ebola, unless it mutates into a form more capable of massive spread instead of burning out quickly, probably isn't going to threaten major global or US pandemic.


    ISIS, if allowed to continue their exponential growth, is going to be a big problem in the near future.

    Russia.... well it is hard to say. There's potential for things to go sideways, but it should be avoidable.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #23
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    If that's how you feel, then President Carter should not have had granting them amnesty shoved up his ass during the 1980 election by the GOP .
    Carter should've never have punished the 1980 US Olympic athletes for political reasons and not allowed them the ability to compete. I always thought that was asinine and unreasonable.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #24
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,420

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Draft dodgers should've never had to escape to Canada, it was one of our more shameful endeavors. It's not that your gov't has a better system of laws but rather a more advantageous culture of following the 'spirit of the law', rather than just the letter of it.

    Canada is our northern, sister nation, not far off in feature or nature. Should any other country dare to intrude upon your sovereignty, we would surely bring our full weight of measure against such an attack. And that my friend is the weight of almost the all mighty Himself.

    I love my northern relatives, who are very much American in continent scope, as much as we ourselves, so look for no such differences.

    I was only kidding about the diet thing. My relatives used to tell me about their love of meatloaf, roast beef, potatoes and gravy.

    Ah, but then there is Quebec roast pork, Pea Soup..


    You know what, one of my great prides is how our two nations have gotten over any differences. We have, since the civil war fought shoulder shoulder, in four nasty wars. And we do live with the security our other neighbor pays us deep respect because the full might of the United States; the Peace Arch here is engrave "children of a common mother" which kinds of tells it all. When we enter the international ice hockey arena, Americans cheer for use as loudly as we do them when either gets knocked out of contention. The United States is our most respected opponent on the ice, where everything counts in this country, as you have adopted our game jst as we have adopted your legal concepts.

    We have risked Canadian lives to protect Americans in Tehran, opened our doors to stranded air travelers when you were attacked and were the first foreign boots on the ground in New York and any time there's a brush fire in California, our way of thanks for keeping the Russian Bear where she belongs.

    And, oh yeah, we easily forgave your for those two invasions, well we did win anyway
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #25
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,789

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    But you were not talking about the 1980 Olympics in the post I quoted were you.
    You were talking about how folks shouldn't have had to run to Canada, which even my Military Dad told me to go.

    Instead, I played the cynical game as #32 in 1972's draft which never happened, and I knew it would never happen due to Nixon playing politics.
    Not to mention that 1972 was also the first year there was no 2S college deferment--what a coincidence--NOT.

    Now speak to me about President Carter being unfairly trashed by GOPs for granting amnesty--
    something you would have supported based on your position that they shouldn't have had to run to Canada .
    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Carter should've never have punished the 1980 US Olympic athletes for political reasons and not allowed them the ability to compete. I always thought that was asinine and unreasonable.
    Physics is Phun

  6. #26
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Ah, but then there is Quebec roast pork, Pea Soup..


    You know what, one of my great prides is how our two nations have gotten over any differences. We have, since the civil war fought shoulder shoulder, in four nasty wars. And we do live with the security our other neighbor pays us deep respect because the full might of the United States; the Peace Arch here is engrave "children of a common mother" which kinds of tells it all. When we enter the international ice hockey arena, Americans cheer for use as loudly as we do them when either gets knocked out of contention. The United States is our most respected opponent on the ice, where everything counts in this country, as you have adopted our game jst as we have adopted your legal concepts.

    We have risked Canadian lives to protect Americans in Tehran, opened our doors to stranded air travelers when you were attacked and were the first foreign boots on the ground in New York and any time there's a brush fire in California, our way of thanks for keeping the Russian Bear where she belongs.

    And, oh yeah, we easily forgave your for those two invasions, well we did win anyway
    Yes, Canadians are most definitely NOT Americans, but they are our brothers and sisters. Literally, in my case.

    Ahf.. hockey, what a jewel of a sport, Maurice 'Rocket' Richard. Hockey, even before the great Gretzky. In the Winter Olympics we brought the Gold home and I actually watched that game.

    You remember Tehran, huh? Not many people know what a benefit the Canadians played in that outcome.

    Forgive us for we know not our own might.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #27
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Yes, Canadians are most definitely NOT Americans, but they are our brothers and sisters. Literally, in my case.

    Ahf.. hockey, what a jewel of a sport, Maurice 'Rocket' Richard. Hockey, even before the great Gretzky. In the Winter Olympics we brought the Gold home and I actually watched that game.

    You remember Tehran, huh? Not many people know what a benefit the Canadians played in that outcome.

    Forgive us for we know not our own might.
    One of my main worries is that we don't know our weaknesses either.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #28
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    But you were not talking about the 1980 Olympics in the post I quoted were you.
    You were talking about how folks shouldn't have had to run to Canada, which even my Military Dad told me to go.

    Instead, I played the cynical game as #32 in 1972's draft which never happened, and I knew it would never happen due to Nixon playing politics.
    Not to mention that 1972 was also the first year there was no 2S college deferment--what a coincidence--NOT.

    Now speak to me about President Carter being unfairly trashed by GOPs for granting amnesty--
    something you would have supported based on your position that they shouldn't have had to run to Canada .
    Oh, I'm not unsupportive of your opinion. Carter was an idiot about the Olympics, otherwise I liked him.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #29
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    One of my main worries is that we don't know our weaknesses either.
    We can never know all our problems but we'll face them, whether we like it or not.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #30
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Russia, ISIS or Ebola?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    We can never know all our problems but we'll face them, whether we like it or not.
    This is true.

    It's nice to realize them before they get too big though.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •