Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: Imperialistic America

  1. #21
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,154

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    That doesn't matter; just like with a stroke, it's the initial insult that counts.
    I'm just thinking that it would be a pretty crappy empire if the Imperialists neither kept what they invaded nor profited by pillaging thier conquests.

  2. #22
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,611

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSteel View Post
    Is america a modern imperialistic power? We have invade like 22 different country's in the last 20 years, and while there have been complaints and retaliation, we still do it.
    Yep. It sure looks that way. I call it hegemony. I think that's more accurate. Trouble for us is, we can't get a reprasentative government in this country that will move us away from that. We wind up losing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Kids who want to end our rights as a stupid reaction to a traumatic event shouldn't be cut any slack. Can you imagine the outcry if some kids who say were victimized by predatory priests came out and demanded laws banning homosexual sex?

  3. #23
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,611

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I'm just thinking that it would be a pretty crappy empire if the Imperialists neither kept what they invaded nor profited by pillaging thier conquests.
    Oh, the empire profits, believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Kids who want to end our rights as a stupid reaction to a traumatic event shouldn't be cut any slack. Can you imagine the outcry if some kids who say were victimized by predatory priests came out and demanded laws banning homosexual sex?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,598

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I recall the US bombing Libya in the Regan administration, once the Lockerbie airliner bombing was traced back to their state spy agency.

    Then, there would be that 'leading from behind' thing that'd be hard to call any sort of invasion by any stretch.

    True, back in WW II the Libyan desert was the theater for the British and German amour going at each other.

    Have I missed anything?
    I was making fun of the fact that he listed Libya twice in his post. We invaded Libya, Afghanistan and Libya...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm sexist and hypocritical, lol:

  5. #25
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,598

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    For the record, Lockerbie was later. Reagan bombed Libya because of a bombing of a disco in Berlin where US servicemen were killed. That was traced to Libyans.
    And the Libyans also shot Doc Brown for not returning the Uranium that he used in the Flux Capacitor. Bastards...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm sexist and hypocritical, lol:

  6. #26
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    27,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    For the record, Lockerbie was later. Reagan bombed Libya because of a bombing of a disco in Berlin where US servicemen were killed. That was traced to Libyans.
    Right you are Jack. Well, that was off the top of my head. I didn't google a thing.
    Elect a Democrat, get a corrupt FBI, DOJ, IRS . . . . .
    Trump / Russian Collusion? 'All the crimes are on the part of the government"
    When It Comes To Hate, The Left Beats The Right, Hands Down



  7. #27
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    27,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I was making fun of the fact that he listed Libya twice in his post. We invaded Libya, Afghanistan and Libya...
    OK. Guess I missed that. Oh well. In my defense, awfully subtle humor.
    Elect a Democrat, get a corrupt FBI, DOJ, IRS . . . . .
    Trump / Russian Collusion? 'All the crimes are on the part of the government"
    When It Comes To Hate, The Left Beats The Right, Hands Down



  8. #28
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Right you are Jack. Well, that was off the top of my head. I didn't google a thing.
    I was serving abroad at the time. We locked down after the USAF bombing of Libya in case there were demos or retaliation.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #29
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,598

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    awfully subtle humor.
    No defence needed... most of my humour is very subtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm sexist and hypocritical, lol:

  10. #30
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    27,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Imperialistic America

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I was serving abroad at the time. We locked down after the USAF bombing of Libya in case there were demos or retaliation.
    I appreciate and thank you for your service, sir.
    Elect a Democrat, get a corrupt FBI, DOJ, IRS . . . . .
    Trump / Russian Collusion? 'All the crimes are on the part of the government"
    When It Comes To Hate, The Left Beats The Right, Hands Down



Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •