View Poll Results: Beheadings

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I view them.

    7 16.67%
  • I ignore them.

    24 57.14%
  • Viewed one, not again.

    7 16.67%
  • Not curious at all.

    9 21.43%
  • Doesn't make a difference.

    4 9.52%
  • Promotes more beheadings.

    3 7.14%
  • Other

    8 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

  1. #11
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    that you find it absurd, only shows how right it is.
    Wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #12
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    This is exactly what I have thought, eventually some of those people will wish that they could put those heads back on and live a normal life. The rest of them we need to terminate with extreme prejudice.
    If they were limited to just a few beheadings, I'd actually ignore them. It would be worse to them than if we killed them, which they half ass want.

    But because they recruit multitudes, mass murder and want to screw up the whole world, they got to go.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Glad the UK government took the brave step of making viewing or owning these vids a criminal offense. Hope others in Europe will follow.
    I think that is a ridiculous move (though I have not seen the videos - nor do I wish to).

    Free speech and freedom of the press.

    This isn't kiddy porn...this is a form of execution. A horror that the public should be aware of.

    What's next?

    Holocaust pictures become illegal? Fatal car wrecks? Burning books?


    I think it is absolutely pathetic to make it illegal to own a piece of major news footage.


    If you want big brother to control everything...fine.

    But not in my country, thank you.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Why would anyone WANT to see it?

    I get why people in journalism, military and government would NEED to see it - but I as a regular old gal don't WANT to see it. Why in the hell would I? It's not some Hollywood horror flick that's poorly scripted in which no one ACTUALLY gets killed.

    And seeing nude pics / porn of people who didn't want to be seen that way? Why in the hell would I want to?
    The one I saw was kind of surreal more than anything else.

    He didn't flinch, scream, or even really bleed all that much. He just kind of rolled around a little bit like a fish out of water, with his severed neck muscles convulsing like he was trying to breathe or swallow.

    Needless to say, it left an impression. *shudder*

  5. #15
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    If they were limited to just a few beheadings, I'd actually ignore them. It would be worse to them than if we killed them, which they half ass want.

    But because they recruit multitudes, mass murder and want to screw up the whole world,
    they got to go.


    I totally agree, anyone who's part of or supports ISIS needs to pay the ultimate price.

  6. #16
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,138

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    not my first rodeo
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I think that is a ridiculous move (though I have not seen the videos - nor do I wish to).

    Free speech and freedom of the press.

    This isn't kiddy porn...this is a form of execution. A horror that the public should be aware of.

    What's next?

    Holocaust pictures become illegal? Fatal car wrecks? Burning books?


    I think it is absolutely pathetic to make it illegal to own a piece of major news footage.


    If you want big brother to control everything...fine.

    But not in my country, thank you.

    Has nothing to do with opinion.

    It is seen by the UK authorities as terrorist material/ terrorist properganda and therefor spreading it or owning it is a punishable offense.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    I'm grossed out enough by the gory scenes in wax museums, I'm really not interested in seeing any of this **** happening to actual people.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  9. #19
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,937

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    that you find it absurd, only shows how right it is.
    So whats next? Viewing violent movies will be a crime too?

    Censorship doesnt stop crime.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,865

    Re: Beheadings: View or Ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Why would anyone WANT to see it?

    I get why people in journalism, military and government would NEED to see it - but I as a regular old gal don't WANT to see it. Why in the hell would I? It's not some Hollywood horror flick that's poorly scripted in which no one ACTUALLY gets killed.

    And seeing nude pics / porn of people who didn't want to be seen that way? Why in the hell would I want to?
    100% agree. There are certain things I don't want to see or even imagine, and what is seen stays with you, no matter how much you try to forget.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •