View Poll Results: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    2 4.44%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    5 11.11%
  • Im not American, yes.

    1 2.22%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    22 48.89%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 13.33%
  • Im not American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, yes.

    4 8.89%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, no.

    5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 136

Thread: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    This is something that we need to think real hard about when the next election rolls around. Especially if we have a terrorist attack launched by terrorists who snuck across the border.

    Some of our congress-critters have had plenty of time to spend trying to sabotage the ACA, but they couldn't find time to secure our borders.
    If only we had an actual leader instead of Obama. Perhaps after the mid terms that will be more evident. In the end, democrats are soft on terror and its plain to see.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The 911 highjackers, the 1996 world trade center bombers, the '96 Olympic bomber, nor the Boston bombers came across the Mexican border: what does that tell you?
    It tells me you dont understand the concepts and subject matter being discussed. Nobody said terrorists only sneak across the border.

    It also tells me you dont know what year the first WTC bombings occurred.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,672

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    It tells me you dont understand the concepts and subject matter being discussed. Nobody said terrorists only sneak across the border.

    It also tells me you dont know what year the first WTC bombings occurred.
    You're not saying anything.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #64
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If only we had an actual leader instead of Obama.
    Perhaps after the mid terms that will be more evident. In the end, democrats are soft on terror and its plain to see.


    The GOP had two chance and couldn't beat Obama either time.

    What is the GOP's problem?




    "Better day's are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  5. #65
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,934

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The swiss, like most of western europe are able to mind their business because they are protected to an extent by the US. I could never justify terror.
    Were the Swiss protected by the US when the Nazis were invading Europe in the 1930's?

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Apache, you make a good point about the terrorism threat of gangs like MS until you say MS claims Obama is the man. Now I know you will put up your stock picture of a dark skinned group of guys with a lot of scary tattoos that say that Obama is the man but there is no concrete proof that Obama backs MS. If you can't provide actual proof, then you should really stopped that claim.
    It's just not MS-13 but also 18th Street Gang which is another illegal alien street gang. None of these gang bangers vote and they aren't political but I've talked to many and they like Obama. Right now they along with most illegal aliens have little fear of being deported with Obama in the White House.

    Just a couple of weeks ago the Obama administration released back into our communities what was it, 134 illegal aliens who have already been convicted of homicides. I bet these murders are saying Obama is the man.

    MS-13 meets every definition of being a terrorist organization except for one requirement, they aren't political.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You're not saying anything.
    Pretty sure I did-we can't pretend to protect against terror when any old woman can walk across the border.

    Take a look at the poll results, what do you think those who have voted are saying?

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The GOP had two chance and couldn't beat Obama either time.

    What is the GOP's problem?




    "Better day's are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    I could write a book on whats wrong with the GOP, however they are better on issues of national security, certainly terrorism.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Were the Swiss protected by the US when the Nazis were invading Europe in the 1930's?
    No but neither was the rest of western europe at that time, so its a silly and pointless analogy. The swiss were quite eager to take europes money during the war.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    It's just not MS-13 but also 18th Street Gang which is another illegal alien street gang. None of these gang bangers vote and they aren't political but I've talked to many and they like Obama. Right now they along with most illegal aliens have little fear of being deported with Obama in the White House.

    Just a couple of weeks ago the Obama administration released back into our communities what was it, 134 illegal aliens who have already been convicted of homicides. I bet these murders are saying Obama is the man.

    MS-13 meets every definition of being a terrorist organization except for one requirement, they aren't political.
    Dont forget the avenue gangs either. Largely gangs based in latin American, all thugs.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •