View Poll Results: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    2 4.44%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    5 11.11%
  • Im not American, yes.

    1 2.22%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    22 48.89%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 13.33%
  • Im not American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, yes.

    4 8.89%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, no.

    5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Soo whats your point here. Terrorists "could be" coming through our borders, because they are "open" (really they are not), and yet you have no proof they are.
    Read the poll question, and the first post. I voted no.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    The answer is "yes."

    We have never been attacked by a terrorist entering from Mexico. There exists neither precedent nor any hard evidence that supports the paranoia expressed by some regarding our southern border.

    Xenophobia, on the other hand, is a very real negative force within our borders. In my opinion, the problem is not controlling the border, it's the mindset of closeted, paranoid, and borderline racist Americans who stir up hatred and suspicion of our neighbors without good reason.
    The poll question was not " Have we have never been attacked by a terrorist entering from Mexico?".

    Even if your flawed inference was true-there are plenty of other reasons (drug cartels, human smugglers, etc) to close up the border.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The poll question was not " Have we have never been attacked by a terrorist entering from Mexico?".

    Even if your flawed inference was true-there are plenty of other reasons (drug cartels, human smugglers, etc) to close up the border.
    Do you need me to reword my answer? Yes, the US can be safe from a terrorist incursion with the current state of the border, and I believe so because, to date, we have never been attacked by a terrorist who has crossed over from Mexico.

    The border has been more or less open since the inception of the United States. We have never, in our history, truly closed it.

    You didn't see Germans attacking from Mexico during WW2, you didn't see Vietkong attacking from Mexico during the Vietnam conflict, and you won't see terrorists coming from Mexico anytime soon.

    There is simply no precedence for such paranoia.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Do you need me to reword my answer? Yes, the US can be safe from a terrorist incursion with the current state of the border, and I believe so because, to date, we have never been attacked by a terrorist who has crossed over from Mexico.

    The border has been more or less open since the inception of the United States. We have never, in our history, truly closed it.

    You didn't see Germans attacking from Mexico during WW2, you didn't see Vietkong attacking from Mexico during the Vietnam conflict, and you won't see terrorists coming from Mexico anytime soon.

    There is simply no precedence for such paranoia.
    You make the mistake of comparing states with terrorists. This isn't analogous. In any case, there are many reasons to close the border.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You make the mistake of comparing states with terrorists. This isn't analogous. In any case, there are many reasons to close the border.
    You asked whether the US could be safe from a terrorist incursion, I answered the question you posed.

    There may or may not be other reasons to further restrict the border but that's another debate for another day.

  6. #126
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    True but illegal aliens aren't suppose to be here in the first place.

    If they weren't here, there would still be 3,000 Americans still alive every year.
    The fact that some guy in an article pulled that 3,000 number out of thin air means nothing, BTW.

    Way to grab into unsubstantiated hype.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The fact that some guy in an article pulled that 3,000 number out of thin air means nothing, BTW.

    Way to grab into unsubstantiated hype.
    If you have contradictory numbers kindly link to them. Ive personally seen way too many die because of illegals driving drunk.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The fact that some guy in an article pulled that 3,000 number out of thin air means nothing, BTW.

    Way to grab into unsubstantiated hype.
    The 3,000 number is a very conservative number only counting known illegal aliens who killed an american while DWI. There's also the thousands of illegal aliens who were driving sober and killed Americans. (usually hit and runs you here so much about) The AAA believes up to 11,000 Americans are killed on the nations highways by unlicensed illegal aliens.

    Then you have -> Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

    If that didn't open your eyes and you didn't shed a tear because future Democrat votes afre more important.

    >"What does it really cost the American taxpayer for illegal immigration? Not only in money but also in American lives.

    Americans are being Killed by Illegal Aliens everyday. The fact is there are 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens, more than the U.S. death toll of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. That's more than 30,000 Americans killed by illegal aliens since Sept. 11, 2001. Click Here

    Below is a list of all our states and what it cost them. Just click on them.
    Index ..."<

    From eight years ago.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS MURDER 12 AMERICANS DAILY
    Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily

    And back to illegal alien DWI's. -> How open borders turn Americans into roadkill

    And what does Obama do ?

    U.S. Frees 36,007 Illegal Aliens With Serious Criminal Convictions
    U.S. Frees 36,007 Illegal Aliens With Serious Criminal Convictions - Judicial Watch

  9. #129
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If you have contradictory numbers kindly link to them. Ive personally seen way too many die because of illegals driving drunk.
    No you have not - there are about 10,500 deaths due to DUI in the US annually, with a total population of 320,000,000.

    Attributing 1/3 of them to illegal aliens is dishonest, and reflects a very skewed viewpoint from you.

    Your numbers are garbage - stop regurgitating conservative website bull**** numbers and do some real research.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #130
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    I'm not really sure how to answer the poll. I don't think this country is safe from the threat of terrorism, but I don't think it's because of our open borders.

    BTW, I'd be far more worried about the Canadian border than Mexican border. You can walk from Canada right into the woods of NH easily.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •