View Poll Results: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    2 4.44%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    5 11.11%
  • Im not American, yes.

    1 2.22%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    22 48.89%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 13.33%
  • Im not American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, yes.

    4 8.89%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, no.

    5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 136

Thread: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

  1. #111
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    And by 9-11-01 everyone of those terrorist except for one was an illegal alien.

    As soon as a legal alien visa expires, they become illegal aliens.
    Which has nothing to do with this debate because this is about entry into the US. They did in fact legally enter the USA.


  2. #112
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    My grandmother on my mothers side of the family is over 100 years old.

    She lived and grew up in Chicago and has some great stories of the "Roaring 20's", speakeasies and Capone.

    I think she sits at home watching old reruns of the "Untouchables" with Robert Stack as Elliot Ness.


    That was one of my favorites back in the days when I watched a good bit of TV.

    Looks like you have some pretty good genes, you might be around for the last round-up.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You're in the position to witness it everyday considering what your profession is.
    Indeed. Lets just say its been highly influential on me.

    My old work neighborhood-nobody knows a town like emergency services does...

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You do realize all the hijackers entered legally? One entered with a student visa, several other with business visas, and the rest on tourist visas....
    You do realize it was an intelligence failure-which was the subject of our discussion-or have you moved on?

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Drunk Americans do much more damage I am sure.

    Focusing on reality as opposed to partisan talking points is the only way to solve problems.
    Drunk Americans, immigrants or otherwise are supposed to be here. Not so with illegals.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    True but illegal aliens aren't suppose to be here in the first place.

    If they weren't here, there would still be 3,000 Americans still alive every year.
    The party of compassion does not appear to care about 3k dead Americans a year. Votes are probably more important.

  7. #117
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You do realize it was an intelligence failure-which was the subject of our discussion-or have you moved on?
    Subject was about borders being "open". You said "9/11". What was that point?


  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Subject was about borders being "open". You said "9/11". What was that point?
    We were discussing the failures of intelligence, as in reports by intelligence agencies are nice, but they have failed-and even if thats not the case-they are only released if a Obama wants them released.

    Our terror threat level is elevated for a reason.

  9. #119
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We were discussing the failures of intelligence, as in reports by intelligence agencies are nice, but they have failed-and even if thats not the case-they are only released if a Obama wants them released.

    Our terror threat level is elevated for a reason.
    Soo whats your point here. Terrorists "could be" coming through our borders, because they are "open" (really they are not), and yet you have no proof they are.


  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    The answer is "yes."

    We have never been attacked by a terrorist entering from Mexico. There exists neither precedent nor any hard evidence that supports the paranoia expressed by some regarding our southern border.

    Xenophobia, on the other hand, is a very real negative force within our borders. In my opinion, the problem is not controlling the border, it's the mindset of closeted, paranoid, and borderline racist Americans who stir up hatred and suspicion of our neighbors without good reason.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •