View Poll Results: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    2 4.44%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    5 11.11%
  • Im not American, yes.

    1 2.22%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    22 48.89%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 13.33%
  • Im not American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, yes.

    4 8.89%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, no.

    5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 136

Thread: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

  1. #91
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,177
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Because every terrorist (modern Islamic terrorists, which are the ones we're talking about) whose travel into this country has been released to the public hasn't come that way. Most illegal immigrants don't come that way either. They both mainly get here on commercial airlines. They don't hijack them. They just buy tickets.
    I think there's a better question, Paschendale.

    Conservative and Lakeside - Have either of you been outside of the country recently? Or gone through US customs with a non-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Nobody has ever broken into my home or stolen my car. Therefore I should not lock the doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    How are you so sure that does not "actually happen"?
    If you have, I don't think it needs explaining. If not -

    ... because (1) I've been through US customs at airports many times with non-Americans and it's a cinch and (2) getting through Americans customs is infinitely safer, faster, easier and more comfortable for literally everyone in the world than it is crossing a inhospitable desert for multiple days on foot; all while being dehydrated, exhausted and playing tag with a gun-toting militia.
    Last edited by brothern; 09-04-14 at 08:42 PM.
    Help fight Zika, TB, HIV/AIDs and water pollution by donating your CPU's excess processing time to scientific research.
    A self-serving billionaire engaging in historically massive personal corruption #NotMyPresident

  2. #92
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Flooding the nation with socialist-friendly masses to strain our system, while encouraging a portal of entry for terrorists seems like 2 birds with one stone, eh?
    Awhhh gone straight conspiratard mode I see.


  3. #93
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Our intelligence is notoriously late to the game. The door is still wide open.
    Ahhh you see you are the one saying something and yet there is no proof of this. Pretty much your argument is focused around a giant "coulda"


  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Awhhh gone straight conspiratard mode I see.
    This is USC we're talking about, what did you expect?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ahhh you see you are the one saying something and yet there is no proof of this. Pretty much your argument is focused around a giant "coulda"
    Its not hard to think of examples of our intelligence dropping the ball. Or is this more "conspiracy" to you?

  6. #96
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its not hard to think of examples of our intelligence dropping the ball. Or is this more "conspiracy" to you?
    So again you have no evidence. Still just a giant "coulda".


  7. #97
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Do you have locks on your homes doors? People can get in other ways, so why bother?
    (chuckle)

    The "I can't refute but I have to be right" throw away line.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So again you have no evidence. Still just a giant "coulda".
    Lets start with the low hanging fruit- 9/11.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    (chuckle)

    The "I can't refute but I have to be right" throw away line.
    You are saying exactly that. Fascinating.

  10. #100
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Can the US be safe from terrorist incursion with our current open border?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Crossing over from Mexico is likely very low on the list of methods that Islamic terrorists would use to enter this country. Of course, the majority of terrorist actions in this country are committed by American citizens, making the idea of linking immigration from Mexico and South America to terrorism even more pointless. As in the graphic, drugs certainly come in that way, but we like drugs in this country. Terrorists don't come in that way. Amusingly, they're often not too fond of the drugs.
    :raises eyebrow:

    The heroin trade funds the Taliban / AQ / Haqqani, and they aren't called Narco-Terrorists for nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat
    If a terrorist wants to get in here it's not going to matter whether or not we have a fence up.
    Is that what Israel has found?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •