View Poll Results: Who is responsible?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scandal - Leaker Responsible

    2 3.57%
  • Scandal - Photo owner Responsible

    9 16.07%
  • Crime - Leaker Responsible

    44 78.57%
  • Crime - Photo Owner Responsible

    1 1.79%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 196

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I'll remember to tell that to tell the next person who robs me...
    That's what drives me crazy about some of these topics recently. My wife went off on a nice 15 minute rant to me the other day about the women complaining about and lecturing people over the negatives of date-rape detecting finger nail polish.

    We don't live in a utopia. It'd be nice if we could "end violence" or "end people invading peoples privacy" but to think that doing so is an achievable reality is naivity of the highest sort. That doesn't mean that as a society we should promote not engaging in violence and not violtaing peoples privacy, but it does mean that we shouldn't just ignore the realities and act like everyone should just carry along however they like.

    WANTING there not to be violence or WANTING there not to be people who violate peoples privacy doesn't magically make it so; and if you live your life in a way that assumes those things don't exist simply because "they shouldn't" then you're going to have issues. Sorry, that's the truth.

    And the dirty little secret is EVERYONE KNOWS THIS and generally engages in it; but they just don't want to acknowledge that when they're on their activist agendas. Why do I say that?

    How many of you lock the doors to your house or your car every time you get out of your car?

    Should you HAVE to lock your doors? Of course not. We should never fear that someone is going to come into our private property and take our stuffs. Our world shouldn't be one where such happens. But it does, and that's not going to magically stop even if we spend years and years as a society telling people that going into others private property and taking stuff is bad.

    So we lock our stuff, because we know it's smart to take precautions against the realities of today. If we don't lock our stuff is it guaranteed it will be entered and things taken? Not necessarily. But there's a better chance that it's going to happen due to our irresponsability in light of reality. This is common sense type stuff that EVERYONE does.

    Why it's okay to make believe that the world is a utopia and people should be free to act like that utopia exists in some cases, while in others it's routine to deal with reality as just that...reality

  2. #42
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're on your own there. I found them easily, but didn't bother looking on the web where it's just as easy to tell who is looking at what and when.
    I fear dipwads creating false links with viruses and malware. I'm curious, but not that curious.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #43
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Gervais' comment was dead on the money here:

    "Celebrities, make it harder for hackers to get nude pics of you from your computer by not putting nude pics of yourself on your computer."

  4. #44
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I fear dipwads creating false links with viruses and malware. I'm curious, but not that curious.
    Try the usenet.

  5. #45
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Try the usenet.
    There's a blast from my past. lol
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #46
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    It amazes me the number of people who have all this wiz bang technology and have no clue how it works beyond email, text, and calls. and angry birds.
    I'm fairly adept at computing and software, and I'll admit they're adding options, functions and updating faster than most people can keep up with. I just turned off Google, Java and Nvidia from my OS - Start Menu, because they're nothing but resource wasting, snoopware that was installed with their programs.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #47
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by braymoore View Post
    Well sure he is. Nowadays you have to take every precaution possible to protect things inside your house. In my opinion there needed to be an option called "both are at fault" because that's the truth.
    It's scary that some people think this way. If they hadn't committed a crime his car would not have been stolen.
    From the ashes.

  8. #48
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Stealing people's private photos is wrong, so that would make the one stealing them responsible.

    HOWEVER... Taking them at all when you're a celebrity or public figure and people out there will go through outrageous hoops to get them is pretty reckless and stupid unles1s you don't care if someone gets them. I don't care if they're digital or on film or tape or whatever, it's just a horrible idea. Celebrities need to set higher privacy standards on all devices, no password changing without receiving a confirmation text first, etc. No personal security questions when so much of their personal lives are a quick Google away.

    This reaction is far from gender specific - thinking of Tony Weiner getting caught. I was harsher about him when his pics were on the web than I ever would be about JLaw.
    Last edited by JayDubya; 09-03-14 at 03:43 PM.

  9. #49
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    apparently the only thing keeping some of you creeps from peeking in windows is the odds of getting caught, not because it is wrong to sneak around and obtain views of naked women against their wishes

  10. #50
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Leak Who is responsible?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    There's a blast from my past. lol
    And I hope the uneducated masses keep thinking that. One of the oldest parts of the internet still going strong to this day. Most good providers still dev/null the logs.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •