View Poll Results: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 59.38%
  • No

    9 28.13%
  • Not sure

    4 12.50%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 78

Thread: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

  1. #61
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,711

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Gee, high standards and how they hold us back.

    *IF* we were a "laughing stock... which I dispute, but we'll run with it for conversation sake... then it was Clinton's fault for being dumb enough to get caught and dumb enough to lie about it. If something is clearly against the law, which perjury is, and Clinton knew the law, you can't reasonably fault others for wanting to enforce said law. If you do, your thinking is misplaced.
    Of course it was Clinton's fault! I've always thought he acted like a blitheiring idiot over that, however it is even more stupid and idiotic to impeach a sitting president for a domestic issue. The silly republicans put their foot in their mouth all the way up to their knee over that one.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #62
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    whats stupid is that you think a president should be impeached just because he gets more head than you...
    Does this mean you approve of lying under oath?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #63
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    whats stupid is that you think a president should be impeached just because he gets more head than you...
    From that rotund little cow? No thanks. Poor taste and bad judgment should have ben included in the charges. What is stupid is that you think that's why he was impeached.

  4. #64
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Does this mean you approve of lying under oath?
    Does that mean you approve impeaching president's because of their ability to get more women than you?
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #65
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.
    That's rather obvious and has been the entire thread.

  6. #66
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Does that mean you approve impeaching president's because of their ability to get more women than you?
    Facts not in evidence.

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    not to mention there's a difference between what nixon did and what clinton did.

    I guess if a president gets a blowjob he should be impeached? stupid. stupid as hell.
    This is a classic case of overstating an argument. He was not impeached for getting a blowjob, he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. By overstating the argument, you make it easy to counter. Sticking with the facts works best. He was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice and was not even close to convicted of either. That is more than enough argument, and has the benefit of being accurate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's rather obvious and has been the entire thread.
    as a class clown let me be the first to say your humor is dryer than a desert.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #69
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is a classic case of overstating an argument. He was not impeached for getting a blowjob, he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. By overstating the argument, you make it easy to counter. Sticking with the facts works best. He was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice and was not even close to convicted of either. That is more than enough argument, and has the benefit of being accurate.
    No, it's not accurate. He was indeed subsequently convicted of perjury and stripped of his law license.

  10. #70
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: In hindsight, was the Nixon pardon good or bad for the country?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Of course it was Clinton's fault! I've always thought he acted like a blitheiring idiot over that, however it is even more stupid and idiotic to impeach a sitting president for a domestic issue. The silly republicans put their foot in thier mouth all the way up to their knee over that one.
    I'll grant that the Rep's pursuing the whole sex-oriented thing was indeed petty, I don't have an issue with that in and of itself, but once Clinton lied he opened up a bunch of other doors that would have remained shut otherwise. It really is his own fault.

    The sex-oriented thing and the impeachment are two wholly separate issues.


    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Does that mean you approve impeaching president's because of their ability to get more women than you?
    I'll take your juvenile avoidance of the question, combined with the juvenile nature of the question itself, as 'yes' you do approve of lying under oath. Duly noted.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •