View Poll Results: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 31.48%
  • No

    37 68.52%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

  1. #91
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

    Prediction: The NFL will not force the team to change the name. However, should it ever come up for sale at any time in the future a name change will be a condition of approval by the league.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #92
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    For those of you that think the team should change it's name, should the state of Indiana change it's name as well?
    The name "Indiana" doesn't imply any particular skin color, so not on those grounds.

    Of course, with so many people from India having immigrated to the states, the name "Indiana" is now kind of outdated. Maybe just call it "Hoosieria" or something...
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,474

    Re: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    The name "Indiana" doesn't imply any particular skin color, so not on those grounds.

    Of course, with so many people from India having immigrated to the states, the name "Indiana" is now kind of outdated. Maybe just call it "Hoosieria" or something...
    The color of skin is not what they are complaining about.

    There are many other teams that have a request for a name change and they have nothing to do with the color of someones skin.

    How ridiculous should we get?

  4. #94
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    403

    Re: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    For those of you that think the team should change it's name, should the state of Indiana change it's name as well?
    Indiana means "Land of the Indians". I don't know what could possibly be offensive about that, except for referring to them as Indians because the white man was an idiot and thought he was on the other side of the world when he named them that...

  5. #95
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    403

    Re: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The color of skin is not what they are complaining about.
    Then what exactly are they complaining about?

    There are many other teams that have a request for a name change and they have nothing to do with the color of someones skin.
    Okay. Then judge them on their own merits or demerits.

  6. #96
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,474

    Re: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mittner View Post
    Indiana means "Land of the Indians". I don't know what could possibly be offensive about that, except for referring to them as Indians because the white man was an idiot and thought he was on the other side of the world when he named them that...
    What is offensive about the name Braves?

  7. #97
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    403

    Re: Do you think the Washington Redskins NFL team should change their name?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What is offensive about the name Braves?
    I don't think that name's offensive.
    However I could easily see other marketing material making a caricature of Native American culture, which would more likely be offensive.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •