View Poll Results: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2014?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 34.15%
  • No

    19 46.34%
  • Not Sure

    6 14.63%
  • 24/Jack Bauer

    2 4.88%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 138

Thread: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2014?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Yeah sure it has nothing to do with neocon ideology. Cool story bro.
    Yeah, and all that increased activity by terrorists around the rest of the planet really has to do with the Neo's.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,975

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That's what was said in 2012 and we lost a US Ambassador....
    The entire US doesn't need to be on alert because a diplomatic compound, in an unstable region, where the CIA was operating, got attacked on 9/11/2012.

    And yes, a lot of the steps they would take are mere security theater.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,975

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    If BO doesn't want to do it. Then all Americans should do so for themselves. To be aware.....is to be alive. Just sayin!
    What nonsense. The US is a big country, and the vast majority of it faces no threat at all. If we know of a specific threat, we should take steps. Acting because "boo scarey bad guys exist!" is a waste of resources.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    I don't know what specific actions take place when this alert level is raised, or whether I would agree with every one of them. But I certainly think all necessary precautions involving air traffic, U.S. diplomatic missions and military installations, important public buildings, etc. should be taken. I also think that too much public hand-wringing about what these people might do to the U.S. tends to elevate their status. What is done should be done calmly and privately, except possibly for a few words enlisting the public's help in keeping its eyes peeled.

    Best of all, deny them the chance to get set by launching heavy, continuing air attacks on targets all over northern Syria and Iraq as soon as possible. People in cities like Mosul should be warned that unless they turn on these people and drive them out, that their own safety cannot be guaranteed. What no one here seems willing to recognize is that a lot of people in these areas are not all that unsympathetic to the jihadists. If they think no more of their families than to harbor these bastards among them, the responsibility for the deaths of innocent people falls on them.

  5. #35
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well.....Sept has arrived. We are down to 10 more days until the Anniversary of 911. We have asked others to up their security and watch for those who have Passports with their Airports. We have had to evacuate our Embassies in Iraq and Libya. We have AQAP threatening and taunting us in their New Magazine. Then we have ISIL who has threatened to come after us if we didn't stop the airstrikes on them. We continued and now they are vocal and probing us.

    Last year BO did not set the Nation at the highest level. He didn't do so in 2012 and We lost an Ambassador in Libya. With the way things have been with our relations overseas. Should we take any chances this year? What say ye?
    IF...there is a clear and present danger to US citizens then, of course.

    Having witnessed from afar the clown act of amber, orange, red, pink and chartruess warning levels following the 911 attack, I would suggest anything less than a documented and legitimate threat is a non starter; we need not create more "the sky is falling" scenarios.

    The last attack against the US was in Benghazi where the president insisted it was a spontaneous demonstrations, he had defeated terrorism and vote for him as often as you can.

    I would say that raising red flags at this point is merely proving to the terrorists the horrible truth, they won. Americans are afraid to even travel in their own country. If there is still such a threat, then some questions need to be put to those responsible for security starting with the head cop, Barrack Obama; they've had 13 years to fix this problem and live up to any government's primary mandate...the security of its people.

    I would say it's time to stop cowering before imagined enemies and start demanding answers as to how the most powerful nation on earth, a nation that stood defeated on December 8 1941, and emerged four years later the leader of the free world.

    That's what's missing, the American of which the world stood in awe.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #36
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah HB.....also AQAP was telling us an attack is Imminent in their New Magazine. Mocking us as to 911 when.



    A new English-language Al Qaeda magazine features a how-to article on making car bombs and suggests terror targets in the United States, including casinos in Las Vegas, oil tankers and military colleges, and implies that an attack is imminent. “The timeline concludes with the date 201?’ and blank spaces and question marks for the photo and information of the next attack -- implying that it is coming soon,” said MEMRI Executive Director Steve Stalinsky. There is a suggested list of targets for lone-wolf, or individually executed, terror attacks, including New York's Times Square, casinos and night clubs in Las Vegas, oil tankers and trains, the Georgia Military College, the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, and General Atomics defense contractor in San Diego.....snip~

    New Al Qaeda Magazine Hints an Attack on US Is Imminent - Leah Barkoukis

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...-imminent.html


    How serious is that threat...

    Is it a threat or something purporting to be al Qaeda......

    I am seeing propaganda here, take anything remotely related to terrorism and throw it out to keep a nation in panic.

    It worked for the Romans, Hitler, and a score of countries.

    My stance is this....IF Al-Qaeda has a remote chance after a 13 year long war costing millions of lives, then it's hopeless.

    Either the US military-intelligence community is incapable of delivering the security promised, or they have really wasted a lot of mmoney, bullets, bombs and missiles as well as some lives. Being afraid of a date does not fit my description of "killing them where they stand, chasing them if they hide."

    Sounds like after all this war Al-Qaeda is more powerful than ever, if only in the collective imagination of the nation.

    Fact, you have a much greater chance of dying in a car accident on your way to the airport, than dying as a result of a terrorist attack.

    ban the automobile this instant.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #37
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    The entire US doesn't need to be on alert because a diplomatic compound, in an unstable region, where the CIA was operating, got attacked on 9/11/2012.

    And yes, a lot of the steps they would take are mere security theater.
    That said it all.

    "Security theatre"...I think that is the perfect description.

    Really, it is high time George Orwell was required reading
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    How serious is that threat...

    Is it a threat or something purporting to be al Qaeda......

    I am seeing propaganda here, take anything remotely related to terrorism and throw it out to keep a nation in panic.

    It worked for the Romans, Hitler, and a score of countries.

    My stance is this....IF Al-Qaeda has a remote chance after a 13 year long war costing millions of lives, then it's hopeless.

    Either the US military-intelligence community is incapable of delivering the security promised, or they have really wasted a lot of mmoney, bullets, bombs and missiles as well as some lives. Being afraid of a date does not fit my description of "killing them where they stand, chasing them if they hide."

    Sounds like after all this war Al-Qaeda is more powerful than ever, if only in the collective imagination of the nation.

    Fact, you have a much greater chance of dying in a car accident on your way to the airport, than dying as a result of a terrorist attack.

    ban the automobile this instant.

    Yeah that's AQAP, the ones that BO and his Team say are the most dangerous. Fighting in Yemen. According to reports this weekend they claimed to kill 3 spies that were working for the US. So they took them out and executed them. Plus they killed 11 Yemenis soldiers in 3 separate attacks.

  9. #39
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah that's AQAP, the ones that BO and his Team say are the most dangerous. Fighting in Yemen. According to reports this weekend they claimed to kill 3 spies that were working for the US. So they took them out and executed them. Plus they killed 11 Yemenis soldiers in 3 separate attacks.


    OK my good friend, with that, how exactly does one justify saying the US is even progressing in the war on terror? I hate to say this, but in my time I have heard presidents declare war on illiteracy, poverty, drugs and terror.....

    I submit that there's been a retreat in all areas with the possible exception of illiteracy, but after seeing what inner city kids have for education I will have to be convinced......

    My motto is along the lines of "one form of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It applies to lifestyle, jobs, marriages and particularly in politics. It ain't working.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    OK my good friend, with that, how exactly does one justify saying the US is even progressing in the war on terror? I hate to say this, but in my time I have heard presidents declare war on illiteracy, poverty, drugs and terror.....

    I submit that there's been a retreat in all areas with the possible exception of illiteracy, but after seeing what inner city kids have for education I will have to be convinced......

    My motto is along the lines of "one form of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It applies to lifestyle, jobs, marriages and particularly in politics. It ain't working.

    Oh, I don't think we have really pressed the War on Terror......which is why it has spread and morphed. BO has been back-peddlin from War. Yemen is nothing really but Air Strikes and as we see in all this time it, has not rid Yemen of AQ.

    Still AQ or ISIL can go after those who are Overseas.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •