View Poll Results: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2014?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 34.15%
  • No

    19 46.34%
  • Not Sure

    6 14.63%
  • 24/Jack Bauer

    2 4.88%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 138

Thread: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2014?

  1. #21
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    alarmist--more election running scared !!
    It's survival first, and elections later. One is a requirement for the other.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    It's survival first, and elections later. One is a requirement for the other.
    Yeah HB.....also AQAP was telling us an attack is Imminent in their New Magazine. Mocking us as to 911 when.



    A new English-language Al Qaeda magazine features a how-to article on making car bombs and suggests terror targets in the United States, including casinos in Las Vegas, oil tankers and military colleges, and implies that an attack is imminent. “The timeline concludes with the date 201?’ and blank spaces and question marks for the photo and information of the next attack -- implying that it is coming soon,” said MEMRI Executive Director Steve Stalinsky. There is a suggested list of targets for lone-wolf, or individually executed, terror attacks, including New York's Times Square, casinos and night clubs in Las Vegas, oil tankers and trains, the Georgia Military College, the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, and General Atomics defense contractor in San Diego.....snip~

    New Al Qaeda Magazine Hints an Attack on US Is Imminent - Leah Barkoukis

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...-imminent.html

  3. #23
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah HB.....also AQAP was telling us an attack is Imminent in their New Magazine. Mocking us as to 911 when.



    A new English-language Al Qaeda magazine features a how-to article on making car bombs and suggests terror targets in the United States, including casinos in Las Vegas, oil tankers and military colleges, and implies that an attack is imminent. “The timeline concludes with the date 201?’ and blank spaces and question marks for the photo and information of the next attack -- implying that it is coming soon,” said MEMRI Executive Director Steve Stalinsky. There is a suggested list of targets for lone-wolf, or individually executed, terror attacks, including New York's Times Square, casinos and night clubs in Las Vegas, oil tankers and trains, the Georgia Military College, the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, and General Atomics defense contractor in San Diego.....snip~

    New Al Qaeda Magazine Hints an Attack on US Is Imminent - Leah Barkoukis

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...-imminent.html
    Thanks. Nothing to be alarmed about. Obama will make a decision on 9/12/14.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,704

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    I just took a look at the date of this thread. It says September 1, 2014.

    2014. Not 2002. It's been over a decade, and some people still haven't learned their lesson?

    My response to the OP is, HELL no. Stop taking away my liberty in the name of "security."
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Thanks. Nothing to be alarmed about. Obama will make a decision on 9/12/14.
    Yeah, his WH spokesperson already said they wouldn't be raising the threat level. But that was before Feinstein came out with what she said.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I just took a look at the date of this thread. It says September 1, 2014.

    2014. Not 2002. It's been over a decade, and some people still haven't learned their lesson?

    My response to the OP is, HELL no. Stop taking away my liberty in the name of "security."


    Yeah that's Right.....that is the date. Oh and Stevens was killed in 2012. Not a Decade ago.

    How again does it take your liberty to put the nation on the highest Alert level? Are you a US diplomat that will need to be locked down for 24-72 hrs?

  7. #27
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah, his WH spokesperson already said they wouldn't be raising the threat level. But that was before Feinstein came out with what she said.
    Feinstein isn't keeping with the administration's position. Rogers said the same thing. We just have to take it on faith that someone somewhere is watching. If we receive the promised attack, Obama is toast. If we don't, he just remains stale bread. It's all a political calculation, and seems to have nothing whatever to do with actual security or the relative safety of the population both here and abroad. If terrorism is on the run, it sure appears to be headed our way.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,704

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah that's Right.....that is the date. Oh and Stevens was killed in 2012. Not a Decade ago.

    How again does it take your liberty to put the nation on the highest Alert level? Are you a US diplomat that will need to be locked down for 24-72 hrs?
    Spare me the George W. Bush, black-or-white, all-or-nothing, you're-with-us-or-you're-against-us rhetoric. We endured eight years of that man and are still paying for it.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Spare me the George W. Bush, black-or-white, all-or-nothing, you're-with-us-or-you're-against-us rhetoric. We endured eight years of that man and are still paying for it.

    Save the Neo Con/Neo Lib excuses.....it has nothing to due with their ideology.

    That has nothing to do with Terrorists attacks being up over 300%. Nor does it have anything to do with Terrorism that has increased 60 some percent from 2011 until this moment in time.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,704

    Re: Should the US Raise Security Threat to the Nation at its Highest Level for Sept 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Save the Neo Con/Neo Lib excuses.....it has nothing to due with their ideology.

    That has nothing to do with Terrorists attacks being up over 300%. Nor does it have anything to do with Terrorism that has increased 60 some percent from 2011 until this moment in time.
    Yeah sure it has nothing to do with neocon ideology. Cool story bro.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •