View Poll Results: Could America face a major terrorist attack from ISIS in the next year?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    11 26.83%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    4 9.76%
  • Im not American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    2 4.88%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    8 19.51%
  • Im not American, no.

    2 4.88%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, yes.

    8 19.51%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, no.

    6 14.63%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 142

Thread: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

  1. #61
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,940

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What you are saying is that not only should the US kill the actual terrorists but the people that might become terrorists in the future.

    I can get behind that, go for it.
    Uh, Im not saying that at all...

  2. #62
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Can we all stop pretending we can have a war against a tactic?

    A war on 'terrorism' is just a stupid term - and should be eliminated from the conversation. One cant even define terror appropriately - why is an IED a terror weapon yet a drone strike isnt?

    The continued use of this terrible phrase is leading us to an unending war against anything that we dont like and can successfully label 'terror'. And by calling people 'terrorists' you reduce them to a person carrying out a tactic... that is undefined to the point where
    someone can certainly call anyone in the world a 'terrorist'.



    I call anyone who tries to eliminate certain words from conversation a conversation terrorist.

    Are you down with that idea?




    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

  3. #63
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I call anyone who tries to eliminate certain words from conversation a conversation terrorist.

    Are you down with that idea?




    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers
    You apparently dont get the point at all.

    Definitions matter. Nebulous terms often turn into nebulous action.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #64
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You apparently dont get the point at all.

    Definitions matter. Nebulous terms often turn into nebulous action.



    I get your point perfectly.

    You're a control freak who wants to tell everyone what they can and can't say.

    I'm not buying into that BS.

    I'm going to say whatever I want to say whether you like the words that I use or not.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Uh, Im not saying that at all...
    Aren't you?

    You said we shouldn't go after the terrorists because that just makes more terrorists.

    If there are no more people to convert, then thee can be no more terrorists, right?

  6. #66
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I get your point perfectly.

    You're a control freak who wants to tell everyone what they can and can't say.

    I'm not buying into that BS.

    I'm going to say whatever I want to say whether you like the words that I use or not.
    A 'control freak'! LOL.


    All I'm saying is that the terminology of telling someone we need to declare a war on a tactic is stupid and self-defeating. It seems pretty obvious to me.


    You are free to say whatever you want to say, and use whatever words you want to. But if you want to make sense, you might want to stick to the rules of grammar.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #67
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    A 'control freak'! LOL.


    All I'm saying is that the terminology of telling someone we need to declare a war on a tactic is stupid and self-defeating. It seems pretty obvious to me.


    You are free to say whatever you want to say, and use whatever words you want to.
    But if you want to make sense, you might want to stick to the rules of grammar.



    Glad to hear that.

    So you're not opposed to the 1st Amendment, eh?

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The news gets worse and worse, and now it appears that ISIS has posted ominous photos as threats to Americans.


    Does the US face an attack from ISIS, and if so why?


    I think we DO-they wont play nice when they are being defeated in Iraq, and tragically I expect we WILL experience a major attack. I think we should never have pulled out of Iraq and allowed this movement of evil to threaten the USA. The war on terror is not over, and we must remain vigilant.


    Heya USC. There is more than just a 60-40 chance they will do something to the US. On US soil.....less than 10%. But that's not changing their mind on wishing they could. They themselves don't even think they are ready for anything overseas. So its in their mindset.

    This might interest you.....now take a look at what BO peep did with the Saudi Bank. How that just don't sit to well with victims of 911 as well as the other global issue the Saud has.




    Terrorism Flourishes During Obama Years......
    RAND Documents Rise of Terrorism Under Obama.

    Seth Jones, the associate director of the International Security and Defense Policy Center at the RAND Corp., released a report yesterday called "A Persistent Threat: The Evolution of al Qa'ida and Other Salafi-Jihadists." In a WSJ op-ed yesterday about the report, Jones reports, without mentioning Obama's repeated claims of having al Qaeda "on the run," that "The number[s] of al Qaeda and other jihadist groups and fighters are growing, not shrinking.... From 2010 to 2013 the number of jihadist groups world-wide has grown by 58%, to 49 from 31; the number of jihadist fighters has doubled to a high estimate of 100,000; and the number of attacks by al Qaeda affiliates has increased to roughly 1,000 from 392."

    He identifies the threats to the US, itself, as coming primarily from groups operating in Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Syria, referencing Moner Mohammad Abusalha, an American who was a member of the al Qaeda affiliate organization al-Nusra, who blew himself up in a suicide bombing in Syria on March 29. He points to a second category of terrorist groups — particularly in Somalia, Iraq, Libya and Nigeria — which is bent on hitting U.S. and other Western targets overseas, though not necessarily in the U.S. homeland, and a third category with little current interest and ability to strike the U.S. or U.S. targets overseas, such as the East Turkestan Islamic Movement in the Uighur Autonomous region of China.....snip~

    Terrorism Flourishes During Obama Years

  9. #69
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Don't you think various homegrown boys can do the same kind of damage and kill the same amount of people as a major attack?
    This group has more money than they know what to do with, so I would say that makes them a bigger threat.

    They can finance their own attacks.
    THe difference is in security here now, as compared to pre-911. We can't hardly take a **** without the government watching these days.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya USC. There is more than just a 60-40 chance they will do something to the US. On US soil.....less than 10%. But that's not changing their mind on wishing they could. They themselves don't even think they are ready for anything overseas. So its in their mindset.

    This might interest you.....now take a look at what BO peep did with the Saudi Bank. How that just don't sit to well with victims of 911 as well as the other global issue the Saud has.




    Terrorism Flourishes During Obama Years......
    RAND Documents Rise of Terrorism Under Obama.

    Seth Jones, the associate director of the International Security and Defense Policy Center at the RAND Corp., released a report yesterday called "A Persistent Threat: The Evolution of al Qa'ida and Other Salafi-Jihadists." In a WSJ op-ed yesterday about the report, Jones reports, without mentioning Obama's repeated claims of having al Qaeda "on the run," that "The number[s] of al Qaeda and other jihadist groups and fighters are growing, not shrinking.... From 2010 to 2013 the number of jihadist groups world-wide has grown by 58%, to 49 from 31; the number of jihadist fighters has doubled to a high estimate of 100,000; and the number of attacks by al Qaeda affiliates has increased to roughly 1,000 from 392."

    He identifies the threats to the US, itself, as coming primarily from groups operating in Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Syria, referencing Moner Mohammad Abusalha, an American who was a member of the al Qaeda affiliate organization al-Nusra, who blew himself up in a suicide bombing in Syria on March 29. He points to a second category of terrorist groups — particularly in Somalia, Iraq, Libya and Nigeria — which is bent on hitting U.S. and other Western targets overseas, though not necessarily in the U.S. homeland, and a third category with little current interest and ability to strike the U.S. or U.S. targets overseas, such as the East Turkestan Islamic Movement in the Uighur Autonomous region of China.....snip~

    Terrorism Flourishes During Obama Years
    Obama said terrorists were on the run-he lied.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •