View Poll Results: Could America face a major terrorist attack from ISIS in the next year?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    11 26.83%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    4 9.76%
  • Im not American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    2 4.88%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    8 19.51%
  • Im not American, no.

    2 4.88%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, yes.

    8 19.51%
  • Im an American neither right nor left, no.

    6 14.63%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 142

Thread: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

  1. #91
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The first time in 1993 was a fluke?

    What about 2001?
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I always have to shake my head when you liberal have no concern for human life, you kill babies in the womb and then you preach we have to give entitlements to all and flood them with freebies.

    Three thousand Americans died on 9-11 and you say "major attacks are almost impossible" I guess you think 9-11 was just a minor accident. I guess Pearl Harbor was also a fluke. We have an open southern border that allows anyone in, including ISIS and all they have to do is bring in anthrax and spread it all over NY City. Or worse yet a briefcase nuke. Does naive mean anything to you?
    Terrorist attacks conducted in the United States by foreigners are incredibly rare. I don't know why this confuses you. Major attacks ARE almost impossible. It took a lot of planning and luck and a lot of incompetence at the top in 2001 for 9/11 to happen. It was a longshot. Sometimes the longshot wins. Not often, however. Every attempt by Jihadist terrorists since then failed abysmally. None of those failures came from our fighting people abroad. They came from a chastised intelligence network that learned its lesson. And because most terrorists are actually pretty stupid.

    I don't know why odds are so confusing to you guys.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    I didn't answer the poll because the term 'major terrorist attack' wasn't defined. What constitutes a major attack? 9/11? then no. A random bombing a la the Boston Marathon? Possibly.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #93
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Fallacious reasoning. If we dont attack anybody then nobody attacks us. Simple as that.
    That seems to be the idea with a certain group of people. Ignore them and they will go away.

    You think these are reasonable people. We do A so they do B. There is nothing reasonable about them. They hate everything about the west.

    You think by ignoring them they will not attack.

    They have said they will attack the US. Do you not believe them? If not why not?

  4. #94
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Terrorist attacks conducted in the United States by foreigners are incredibly rare. I don't know why this confuses you. Major attacks ARE almost impossible. It took a lot of planning and luck and a lot of incompetence at the top in 2001 for 9/11 to happen. It was a longshot. Sometimes the longshot wins. Not often, however. Every attempt by Jihadist terrorists since then failed abysmally. None of those failures came from our fighting people abroad. They came from a chastised intelligence network that learned its lesson. And because most terrorists are actually pretty stupid.

    I don't know why odds are so confusing to you guys.
    Why did you ignore the 1993 attack. 2001 was the second attack.

    Even if they are rare, they still kill a lot of people at one time.

    Should the country protect itself, or do you believe like some others here that if you ignore them, they will just go away.

  5. #95
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That seems to be the idea with a certain group of people. Ignore them and they will go away.

    You think these are reasonable people. We do A so they do B. There is nothing reasonable about them. They hate everything about the west.

    You think by ignoring them they will not attack.

    They have said they will attack the US. Do you not believe them? If not why not?
    Of course I believe them- they will attack the US because we bombed them. If we didnt bomb them in the first place they would have never made the threat. As Ive said before, we make our own monsters.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Ft. Hood.

    I think we will see more mass shootings in schools, churches, retail stores, etc. And the government response will be to disarm the citizens. My bet is within a couple of generations the police and military will be indistinguishable in cities and individual rights will be a thing of the past.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    ...I see it does not take much to get the masses paranoid, does it?

    7-10,000 fanatics halfway around the world and a beheading put on twitter - and the American public start seeing ISIS under their beds.

    These whacko fanatics say 'boo' and America jumps out of their seats.

    Grow a spine America.
    Last edited by DA60; 08-25-14 at 07:28 AM.

  8. #98
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    ...I see it does not take much to get the masses paranoid, does it?

    7-10,000 fanatics halfway around the world and a beheading put on twitter - and the American public start seeing ISIS under their beds.

    Grow a spine America.
    Yeah its sad that so many people in this thread want to attack a group halfway around the world just because they practice a different religion. Talk about international intolerance.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,880

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Yeah its sad that so many people in this thread want to attack a group halfway around the world just because they practice a different religion. Talk about international intolerance.
    I agree with you on many points, but ISIS isn't being observed and targeted by the international community because of "different religion". Please rethink that. They are a threat to people in their region and they have threatened us.
    As said before, we should not let fear stop us from living our lives, but we shouldn't underestimate ISIS, but recognize them as a capable and intelligent and ruthless enemy.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Could America face major ISIS attacks soon?

    Its going to happen, but I don't think its going to be in the next year. I would say 3-5 years.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •