View Poll Results: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it sends the wrong message

    15 24.19%
  • No. It's perfectly acceptable.

    47 75.81%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 204

Thread: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children?

  1. #181
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,913

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Yeah yeah okay so yes we can have a fatass be our president but then what's that say to kids who only see the fat person on TV, their minds don't intercept anything else but that the president is fat.
    We should ban ALL fat people from TV, by that rationale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Can you imagine Christie standing next to Putin? What a catastrophic photo op that would be. Politically that stuff matters in how the country is perceived whether you like it or not.
    Yes, I remember when Taft was president and we were immediately overrun by Pancho Villa's forces.

    Your entire premise is mindbendingly stupid.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You know what else sends a message of irresponsibility.

    ADVOCATING PICKING A PRESIDENT WITH THE SAME STANDARDS AS A GOD DAMNED PROM QUEEN.


    I'm just saying, if you want your nation to be judged as a fat blob then elect a fat blob. It's basic human sociology. If your tribe leader is fat it says a lot about the overall state of that tribe that he could even be tribe leader. Other nations will judge your insecurities based off the fact that your leader is fat. Every human knows a fat persons insecurities.

  3. #183
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,435

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Yeah yeah okay so yes we can have a fatass be our president but then what's that say to kids who only see the fat person on TV, their minds don't intercept anything else but that the president is fat.

    Can you imagine Christie standing next to Putin? What a catastrophic photo op that would be. Politically that stuff matters in how the country is perceived whether you like it or not.
    First off, kids don't have the intellectual discernment to form an objective opinion to begin with, so the value of their opinion is minimal, at best. That's why we educate them as they grow up. That's what growing up is, learning how to discern.

    Second, sure, shallow people will perceive and/or spin such things negatively, but we do that now with things such as political cartoons, i.e. Jimmy Carter's huge teeth, or Barack Obama's big ears. If you're so concerned with perception over ability then we should presume you are also against us having women leaders and ambassadors because some countries and cultures do not respect women.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    First off, kids don't have the intellectual discernment to form an objective opinion to begin with

    Second, sure, shallow people will perceive and/or spin such things negatively,

    So basically, what I took from your post:

    "Yes, it will have a negative impact on children because they can't discern yet beyond imagery and shallowness..but my biases completely negate being able to be honest about this issue."

  5. #185
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,435

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    So basically, what I took from your post:

    "Yes, it will have a negative impact on children because they can't discern yet beyond imagery and shallowness..but my biases completely negate being able to be honest about this issue."
    If you chop up and cherry-pick my words, sure, you can take whatever you want.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #186
    Sage
    _Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    somewhere across the border in the great North
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,357

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I'm just saying, if you want your nation to be judged as a fat blob then elect a fat blob. It's basic human sociology. If your tribe leader is fat it says a lot about the overall state of that tribe that he could even be tribe leader. Other nations will judge your insecurities based off the fact that your leader is fat. Every human knows a fat persons insecurities.
    so you'd rather have a svelte moron than a fat rational thinker?

    okay

    now how is that a healthy message to send to children....don't worry about using your brain, just look fit?

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by ~SAL View Post
    so you'd rather have a svelte moron than a fat rational thinker?

    okay

    now how is that a healthy message to send to children....don't worry about using your brain, just look fit?


    Because there's plenty of rational fit people. We don't have to elect a fat slob to national office. It doesn't bode well for their supposed intellect and all your other insane arguments when they can't obviously even manage their own bodies.
    Look at the mass illogical reality of your own logic. You're arguing that we should elect a fat responsible person who can manage the world.. yet they cannot seem to manage their own bodies.. Oh yes, that adds up perfectly..








    So responsible.. What stalwarts of self control and rationality..

  8. #188
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,913

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Because there's plenty of rational fit people. We don't have to elect a fat slob to national office. It doesn't bode well for their supposed intellect and all your other insane arguments when they can't obviously even manage their own bodies.
    Look at the mass illogical reality of your own logic. You're arguing that we should elect a fat responsible person who can manage the world.. yet they cannot seem to manage their own bodies.. Oh yes, that adds up perfectly..
    So apparently, fat people are stupid.

    It's pretty sad that you're applying the same standards used when up chicks at a bar to selecting our next president.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    So apparently, fat people are stupid.

    It's pretty sad that you're applying the same standards used when up chicks at a bar to selecting our next president.

    No we're just using basic logic here, nothing fancy. Think on it. Is a fat person really the most responsible policy maker you can find? How responsible could they really truly be if they can't control their own bodies?

  10. #190
    Sage
    _Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    somewhere across the border in the great North
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,357

    Re: Is electing a medically fat US President sending the wrong message to US children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Because there's plenty of rational fit people. We don't have to elect a fat slob to national office. It doesn't bode well for their supposed intellect and all your other insane arguments when they can't obviously even manage their own bodies.
    Look at the mass illogical reality of your own logic. You're arguing that we should elect a fat responsible person who can manage the world.. yet they cannot seem to manage their own bodies.. Oh yes, that adds up perfectly..








    So responsible.. What stalwarts of self control and rationality..
    actually if you read my post, I didn't advocate nor argue for or against anything, rather I questioned so I could better understand your logic

    so what fat slob are you afraid is going to be your next president?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •