View Poll Results: Will you read Paul Ryan's Book?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he is and yes I would

    6 21.43%
  • No

    22 78.57%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

  1. #71
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh for crying out loud. Block granting and then setting a growth rate is not the same as slashing. Even your source predicts a reduction in the numbers on SNAP.

  2. #72
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I can read very well, thank you very much, and I totally crushed your contention that he is not a Randian..
    you didn't even pretend to make the case that he was a Randian. Not once did you lay out the tenets of Objectivism and demonstrate Paul Ryan matching them, or even make the attempt. All you did was look up a quote about makers and takers, which even he said was put poorly because it didn't sound like what he was trying to say.

    "We"? LOL! Since when did "your own" become plural?
    See how you ended that sentence with "fellow traveler"?

    I know, and as I keep pointing out by showing you how wrong those ways are, I'm surprised that you keep going back to Bell Curves and Randian ideology.
    I am not and have never been a Randian, your inability to even understand what those whom you disagree with are actually saying doesn't speak well of the rigor you utilized in coming to your own conclusions.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Oh for crying out loud. Block granting and then setting a growth rate is not the same as slashing. Even your source predicts a reduction in the numbers on SNAP.
    Um, block grants allow states to cut SNAP spending, and this goes beyond declining rolls. Try reading the article next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #74
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    Ryan and others can see that changes to entitlements must be made or they will cease to exist. He is merely wanting to have the uncomfortable conversation regarding how the g can say no to some things.

    Its coming folks, the boomers are retiring and the mellinials are failing to launch professionally and socially.

    Who will pay for the entitlement generation?



    Anyone and everyone who has cash which the U.S. government can re-distribute.

    "Better days are coming." But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP




    "Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." ~ John Stuart Mill

  5. #75
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    you didn't even pretend to make the case that he was a Randian. Not once did you lay out the tenets of Objectivism and demonstrate Paul Ryan matching them, or even make the attempt. All you did was look up a quote about makers and takers, which even he said was put poorly because it didn't sound like what he was trying to say.
    Nice try, but this is a common technique you use from time to time called "ignore the applicable post and wait for it to be buried". For your enjoyment, I'll repost the horse and his words:





    See how you ended that sentence with "fellow traveler"?
    .....while you ignored the whole statement, emphasis on the subject:

    "Feel free to rationalize your own missteps of support for your fellow traveler."



    I am not and have never been a Randian, your inability to even understand what those whom you disagree with are actually saying doesn't speak well of the rigor you utilized in coming to your own conclusions.
    LOL, you don't deny the Bell Curving (how could you!)....and the continual defending of Ayn Ryan is... walking like the duck.

    QUACK!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #76
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I won't go this far but I do think he's over-rated.
    Krauthammer is a total worthless sh(tbag.

    For instance, he argued it was Obama's fault we have 0 soldiers in Iraq never ever ever once mentioning that it was Bush who negotiated that agreement, that Bush did not agree to the exact same requirements the Iraqis asked Obama for, namely Judicial control of American soldiers and Obama is at fault for not trying hard to overcome the same exact same requirement Bush would never have agreed to. He doesn't even mention the the Judicial control problem while writing article after article promoting American sovereignty. How can you attack Obama for not agreeing to give up Judicial sovereignty to a very corrupt Judicial system at the same time promoting American sovereignty above all agreements? Literally makes no logical sense. Krauthammer will temporarily abandon his own principles just to attack Obama.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #77
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Krauthammer is a total worthless sh(tbag.

    For instance, he argued it was Obama's fault we have 0 soldiers in Iraq never ever ever once mentioning that it was Bush who negotiated that agreement, that Bush did not agree to the exact same requirements the Iraqis asked Obama for, namely Judicial control of American soldiers and Obama is at fault for not trying hard to overcome the same exact same requirement Bush would never have agreed to. He doesn't even mention the the Judicial control problem while writing article after article promoting American sovereignty. How can you attack Obama for not agreeing to give up Judicial sovereignty to a very corrupt Judicial system at the same time promoting American sovereignty above all agreements? Literally makes no logical sense. Krauthammer will temporarily abandon his own principles just to attack Obama.
    Just for gits and shiggles. Do you have anything backing up this claim?

    With the Penguin as Baby Bush's co-pilot I'm incredulous that it is as you say.

  8. #78
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Just for gits and shiggles. Do you have anything backing up this claim?

    With the Penguin as Baby Bush's co-pilot I'm incredulous that it is as you say.
    Charles Krauthammer: Obama lost Iraq - The Orange County Register

    WOW. He FLAT OUT LIES about Bush overcoming the judicial issue. The reason Bush went to zero was BECAUSE his administration and Mailki couldn't agree on that.

    Charles Krauthammer: Iraq

    That piece got so bad against him they closed the comments.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #79
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Charles Krauthammer: Obama lost Iraq - The Orange County Register

    WOW. He FLAT OUT LIES about Bush overcoming the judicial issue. The reason Bush went to zero was BECAUSE his administration and Mailki couldn't agree on that.

    Charles Krauthammer: Iraq

    That piece got so bad against him they closed the comments.

    OK, I was talking bout Bush...

  10. #80
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Who's Going to Buy/Read Paul Ryan's New Book?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    OK, I was talking bout Bush...
    I'm confused. What about Bush?

    For the record, I think Bush made the right choice in going to zero rather than giving in and placing American soldiers at the wrath of the corrupt Iraqi Judicial System.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •