View Poll Results: Do you believe in global warming, and if so, what is causing it.

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe in global warming, and that it is caused by man.

    28 49.12%
  • I believe in global warming, but I don't think humankind has anything to do with it.

    7 12.28%
  • I don't believe in global warming.

    5 8.77%
  • Other - Explain

    17 29.82%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121

Thread: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

  1. #111
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Don't just hide behind a no reply, please show your work.
    Point out the error in my calculation as you stated exists.
    or better yet come up with your own.
    Baede et al, tells you all you need, a 1.2 C increase would be the direct response
    of increasing CO2 levels from 280 ppm to 560 ppm.
    Please enlighten us where that direct response should be at at 401 ppm.
    6 unicorns plus 5 unicorns divided by 2 equals 5.5 unicorns.

    That doesn't change the fact that half unicorns do not exist.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    For those people that live in the zones that would be effected by a 5-9 meter raise in ocean levels... yes. That is a quarter of the worlds populations. Besides the economic factors involved, try relocating 1.8 billion people.
    Will they let me? ...and it is a gradual process. Those thinking that it will be like the Day After Tomorrow are high.

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...398369626FCA9F
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #113
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,312

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    6 unicorns plus 5 unicorns divided by 2 equals 5.5 unicorns.

    That doesn't change the fact that half unicorns do not exist.
    Now you are just embarrassing yourself.
    You have made comments that my basic calculations are somehow inaccurate,
    Please prove you case with mathematics.
    You used a graph showing only Meteorological stations as evidence of warming
    greater than the GISS .8 C since 1880, when the accepted graph of
    GISS Global Annual Mean Surface Air Temperature was right above it,
    (on your own link). I will assume you posted the wrong graph by accident,
    rather than a purposeful attempt to mislead.

  4. #114
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    LOL. You really think you've proven the IPCC and thousands of scientists wrong about this with a fifty word post, don't you?

    I clarified why you are wrong- it's not my problem if you don't understand it.

    When you start from the wrong assumptions, your mathematics are irrelevant.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #115
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,312

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    LOL. You really think you've proven the IPCC and thousands of scientists wrong about this with a fifty word post, don't you?

    I clarified why you are wrong- it's not my problem if you don't understand it.

    When you start from the wrong assumptions, your mathematics are irrelevant.
    Still hiding behind the no reply.
    It is you who are making incorrect assumptions.
    I am not trying to prove the IPCC wrong,
    but rather showing with their own data, how their predictions
    are at the extreme low end of their enormous range.
    So again where am I wrong?
    Let's start with the basic calculation.
    1.2 C increase from moving CO2 from 280 ppm to 560 ppm
    (I will go slow for you,)
    4 * log (560)- 4 * log (280)= 1.204
    Now that we know the function,
    4 * log(560) -4 * log(401)= .580,
    But this is what is left of the doubling, to get the first part
    we subtract from 1.2 C.
    1.2 -.580= .62 C from increasing CO2 from 280 ppm to 401 ppm
    There are other ways to find a function, but this one is the the +-10% of Baede 1.2 C.
    If I am wrong, please enlighten us as to where?

  6. #116
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    I replied. You just don't want to comprehend it!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #117
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Will they let me? ...and it is a gradual process. Those thinking that it will be like the Day After Tomorrow are high.

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...398369626FCA9F
    So because its a gradual process, and because we wouldn't be around to have to deal with the enormous mess we are creating, we shouldn't worry about it?

    Why do so many people get their panties in a bundle over debt, and debt that we are passing on to our children/grandchildren but we don't get all upset about the complete destruction of our ecosystems that we are passing on to our children/grandchildren? In my opinion, debt is quite simple to solve compared to destroying the environment around us.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  8. #118
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    So because its a gradual process, and because we wouldn't be around to have to deal with the enormous mess we are creating, we shouldn't worry about it?
    ...and you are assuming that, why?

    Why do so many people get their panties in a bundle over debt, and debt that we are passing on to our children/grandchildren but we don't get all upset about the complete destruction of our ecosystems that we are passing on to our children/grandchildren? In my opinion, debt is quite simple to solve compared to destroying the environment around us.
    I agree...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #119
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    ...and you are assuming that, why?.
    Because the argument I always hear, and what it sounded like you were making, is that its a gradual process. It wont all happen at once therefor we shouldn't be alarmed. I just think that's a bull**** argument.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  10. #120
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,818

    Re: Do you believe in global warming, and If so, what is causing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    Because the argument I always hear, and what it sounded like you were making, is that its a gradual process. It wont all happen at once therefor we shouldn't be alarmed. I just think that's a bull**** argument.
    It is a gradual process... that is simply a fact. The rest is all you buddy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •