View Poll Results: Is Ferguson about...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racism

    17 15.45%
  • Police injustice

    23 20.91%
  • Cultural differences

    12 10.91%
  • Class Warfare

    13 11.82%
  • Crazy people

    50 45.45%
  • All the above

    31 28.18%
  • Other

    17 15.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 313

Thread: Ferguson

  1. #281
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Did I need to post a sarcasm smilie? I thought the statement was snarky enough to avoid this kind of return volley.
    I was agreeing with you....
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Your understanding is incorrect, completely.
    Rudy Eugene: Naked man eats face off victim while high on LSD before police shoot him in Miami | Mail Online

  3. #283
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,828

    Re: Ferguson

    I didnt realize you were referring to a different case.

    It isnt the same one I was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I didnt realize you were referring to a different case.

    It isnt the same one I was referring to.
    What then?

    Are you talking about the case where some black dude robbed a white dude at a convenience store and then attacked another white dude who was a cop?


  5. #285
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,828

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Are you talking about the case where some black dude robbed a white dude at a convenience store and then attacked another white dude was a cop?

    No. I was discussing a specific case in Bellevue, WA that had to do with the perceptions of 'justifiable' use of lethal force.

    Yes, I know I'm taking your reply 'literally.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No. I was discussing a specific case in Bellevue, WA that had to do with the perceptions of 'justifiable' use of lethal force.
    I thought the subject of this thread was Ferguson.

    Why are you babbling about Bellevue?

  7. #287
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,828

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I thought the subject of this thread was Ferguson.

    Why are you babbling about Bellevue?
    Then why were you babbling about naked face-eating in FL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,890

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Wow -- well, I have head of "zombies" or "living dead" in Haiti, but it's not like the zombies on 28 Days Later. Well, technically 28 Days Later isn't about zombies anyway. It's people who are alive, and infected. But I have read that there are powders and concoctions that can slow your heart rate to make people think you are dead.

    The Serpent and the Rainbow (book) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia





    *Scary* How old are your students, Bodhi?
    High school. The level of gullibility is ever increasing, it seems. Not sure why...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Ferguson

    It's about cultural differences among the races. I can't see an Indian guy, an Anglo guy or an Asian guy fighting a cop in broad daylight in the middle of a street. Africans simply are more confrontational culturally as well as so extremely culturally unique that this equates to conflict with Western police forces.

  10. #290
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    It's about cultural differences among the races. I can't see an Indian guy, an Anglo guy or an Asian guy fighting a cop in broad daylight in the middle of a street. Africans simply are more confrontational culturally as well as so extremely culturally unique that this equates to conflict with Western police forces.
    Africans? I think the residents of ferguson are mostly Americans, having grown up here...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •