View Poll Results: Is Ferguson about...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racism

    17 15.45%
  • Police injustice

    23 20.91%
  • Cultural differences

    12 10.91%
  • Class Warfare

    13 11.82%
  • Crazy people

    50 45.45%
  • All the above

    31 28.18%
  • Other

    17 15.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 313

Thread: Ferguson

  1. #251
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Wasn't he unarmed? How could he have been threatening the cop's life???
    Lots of ways. If he had tried to get control of the cop's gun. If he overpowered him before he got off a shot (he didnt obviously but he could have attempted it), etc.

    We had a cop killed here with his own gun a few yrs ago...by a naked guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #252
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If he had only shot him once with a bullet that resulted in death, would it have been justified and appropriate? Is it just that there were multiple shots that make it inappropriate and non-justified??
    In my opinion, one shot would be very inappropriate and unjustified.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  3. #253
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    In my opinion, one shot would be very inappropriate and unjustified.
    So you think a robbery suspect who was just combative with the Officer, had injured him and attempted to take the Officers gun, and was now advancing on him wasn't enough of a threat to justify shooting him?
    Odd.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Ferguson

    I am SO sick of this story.

    This is, IMO, little more then pissed off people using racism as an excuse for violence/furthering their agenda.

    And this story is a prime example if how useless, ignorant and pathetic the mass media is.

  5. #255
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you think a robbery suspect who was just combative with the Officer, had injured him and attempted to take the Officers gun, and was now advancing on him wasn't enough of a threat to justify shooting him?
    Odd.
    Police say an officer killed Brown after the teenager tried to take the officer’s gun.
    Witnesses say Brown never assaulted the cop and was actually waving his hands in the air before being shot six times.


    I did not choose none of the sides to recognize it as a fact or evidence.
    It's enough for me to see how a 18 years old (unarmed) was killed.
    As I said, even if there would be 1 bullet on his body, the action would be very inappropriate and unjustified to me.
    But 6 bullets (2 in head) ......... C'mon

    Regarding the police man, I can say this.
    He is way too dump that can't cuff a 18 years old teenager unarmed and was so afraid of him which made him shoot the kid 6 times.
    Or he is way too smart to **** up the system. (which often happen in US)
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  6. #256
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    Police say an officer killed Brown after the teenager tried to take the officer’s gun.
    Witnesses say Brown never assaulted the cop and was actually waving his hands in the air before being shot six times.
    No, reliable witness had said such.
    They describe Brown as being in the window of the vehicle. Not what he is doing in there.

    And now, supposedly Dorian (the cohort) has made it clear that Brown was attempting to take the Officers gun.
    Do you not understand the kind of threat that poses?



    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    I did not choose none of the sides to recognize it as a fact or evidence.
    It's enough for me to see how a 18 years old (unarmed) was killed.
    As I said, even if there would be 1 bullet on his body, the action would be very inappropriate and unjustified to me.
    But 6 bullets (2 in head) ......... C'mon

    Regarding the police man, I can say this.
    He is way too dump that can't cuff a 18 years old teenager unarmed and was so afraid of him which made him shoot the kid 6 times.
    Or he is way too smart to **** up the system. (which often happen in US)
    You are speaking nonsense to the known evidence.
    Under the known evidence, unloading his whole magazine into Brown would have been justified.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #257
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,949

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I am SO sick of this story.

    This is, IMO, little more then pissed off people using racism as an excuse for violence/furthering their agenda.

    And this story is a prime example if how useless, ignorant and pathetic the mass media is.
    Its also an example of just how militarized the police response is to everything.

  8. #258
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Ferguson

    Many pieces missing from your poll, that is, if you have done ANY RESEARCH about Ferguson, Missouri.

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,309

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Lots of ways. If he had tried to get control of the cop's gun. If he overpowered him before he got off a shot (he didnt obviously but he could have attempted it), etc.

    We had a cop killed here with his own gun a few yrs ago...by a naked guy.
    Always keep an eye on the naked guy on the street.

  10. #260
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Ferguson

    Its about a lot of things. Overall, it is a bad situation and it is sad that something like that happens in the United States, but not surprising that it would happen in a place like Missouri.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •