View Poll Results: Is Ferguson about...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racism

    17 15.45%
  • Police injustice

    23 20.91%
  • Cultural differences

    12 10.91%
  • Class Warfare

    13 11.82%
  • Crazy people

    50 45.45%
  • All the above

    31 28.18%
  • Other

    17 15.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 313

Thread: Ferguson

  1. #151
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Do you know anything about law enforcement at all? I mean, other than what you have seen on TV?
    Yes. I know that although the TV popularizes law enforcement often as the good guys, they often are not.

    Semantics. He is here at the request of the family. Whether or not he is being paid is irrelevant.
    Not semantics. He is not being paid. You are the one who brought up pay in the first place. Now you say pay is irrelevant because it no longer supports your argument. That is dishonest, and you are changing the goalposts.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  2. #152
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    It is an assumption the officer is telling the truth and all the other witnesses are lying. Perhaps you are feeble minded enough to believe everything the government says. Enjoy your 1983 mindset, but some of us are not as easily spoon-fed.
    If you're honest with yourself, which is most likely to lie, the officer or the suspect? You're obviously a big TV watcher, have you ever seen the suspect on COPS reality shows tell the truth to officers right from the getgo? EVER? And that Bait Car show, the stories those folks tell and that when they know they've been filmed the entire time and they still lie like rugs.

  3. #153
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Yes. I know that although the TV popularizes law enforcement often as the good guys, they often are not.
    Actually, it's the other way around. It's a rare cop show on TV that doesn't have a bunch of "dirty" cops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Not semantics. He is not being paid. You are the one who brought up pay in the first place. Now you say pay is irrelevant because it no longer supports your argument. That is dishonest, and you are changing the goalposts.
    Prove this, because I do not believe it. I've already posted why.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,083

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    It is an assumption the officer is telling the truth and all the other witnesses are lying. Perhaps you are feeble minded enough to believe everything the government says. Enjoy your 1983 mindset, but some of us are not as easily spoon-fed.
    you mean your 1948 mind set...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #155
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Thanks. With folks like you around, I always keep it handy.

    PS I can always depend on the Far Right to play the 'race card' race card. Good to know that there are some constants left in this ever-changing world.
    Considering all you have done is pissed yourself about his name and ignored the facts about what the race baiting charlatans have done now and every other time (just as you ignore the actual problems), I would so your opinion and standing ranks right up there with Al Sharptons. Of COURSE you have to use the race card. Its all you have.


  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Considering it's your goto card it shouldn't surprise you at all that you get the same reaction to it over and over again. It's that whole definition of insanity thing all over again.
    And we can count on you to cry race card every time racism is pointed out. The effectiveness of that particular tactic is starting to wear out. Do you still refer to Muhammad Ali as Cassius Clay? That's so cute. How about Kareem - Is he still Lew Alcindor to you, too?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Considering all you have done is pissed yourself about his name and ignored the facts about what the race baiting charlatans have done now and every other time (just as you ignore the actual problems), I would so your opinion and standing ranks right up there with Al Sharptons. Of COURSE you have to use the race card. Its all you have.

    Let's see - you call Kareem Lew Alcindor and I'm playing the race card? Hilarious. Your use of a name he chose to abandon speaks volumes about you and your attitude towards race.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    If you're honest with yourself, which is most likely to lie, the officer or the suspect? You're obviously a big TV watcher, have you ever seen the suspect on COPS reality shows tell the truth to officers right from the getgo? EVER? And that Bait Car show, the stories those folks tell and that when they know they've been filmed the entire time and they still lie like rugs.
    Cops lie every day to protect other cops. It's part of the Blue Code, which they learn in cop school.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #159
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Ferguson

    Yes, I missed the "s" at the end of "narrative". So string me up by the balls and tickle my ass with a feather.

    I said in another thread that the evidence supports more than one narrative and if you want to you can see that the timestamp was before I said it this time without the "s".



    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    You commented that you are just saying what narrative the evidence support. Now you are backpeddling and saying "actually I meant what narratives the evidence supports." It is clear that you are biased to support the police, and rather than say right off the bat the evidence could support either scenario, you had to be nudged to finally admitting that. Since I agree with the above post (that the evidence does not prove one narrative any truer than the other) there is no reason to continue this discussion.

  10. #160
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    And we can count on you to cry race card every time racism is pointed out. The effectiveness of that particular tactic is starting to wear out. Do you still refer to Muhammad Ali as Cassius Clay? That's so cute. How about Kareem - Is he still Lew Alcindor to you, too?
    Wow, get called on the race card so instead of seeing the light you double down. I've always called Ali "Ali", except back in the early days of his name change. I thought the name change was silly back then, but hey, to each his own. And I didn't know until this thread that Kareem wasn't born with the name. So swing and a huge miss, didn't even hit the barn.

    Of course I don't follow boxing or basketball. Both seem a bit silly to me.

    Isn't John Wayne's real name Marion? Calling him Marion, would that cause the race card to drop too?
    Last edited by clownboy; 08-18-14 at 08:01 PM.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •