View Poll Results: Is Ferguson about...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racism

    17 15.45%
  • Police injustice

    23 20.91%
  • Cultural differences

    12 10.91%
  • Class Warfare

    13 11.82%
  • Crazy people

    50 45.45%
  • All the above

    31 28.18%
  • Other

    17 15.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 313

Thread: Ferguson

  1. #141
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,756

    Re: Ferguson

    From where I sit, the only thing I can say for sure about this Ferguson business is that I can't say anything for sure.

    It might be any and/or all of the selections on that poll, or it might be none of the above.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Look how cute you are trotting out the race card...

    Thanks. With folks like you around, I always keep it handy.

    PS I can always depend on the Far Right to play the 'race card' race card. Good to know that there are some constants left in this ever-changing world.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #143
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're wrong. There is nothing generally unacceptable about shooting a suspect 6 times. If a police officer has judged it to be a deadly force situation, six times is not extreme at all. The evidence that the officer judged this to be a deadly force situation is that the officer chose to deploy his weapon and commence firing. Whether that assessment was justified is what is at issue.
    No I'm not. I guarantee the amount of bullets fired will be considered in determining whether or not the actions of the officer were justified. The first shot may have been. Even the second. But 6? That is much shakier ground.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  4. #144
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,123

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    We should listen to them, but no we should not draw any conclusions from them. All we know is that this guy was shot 6 times. We also know that shooting somebody that many times is unusual and generally a questionable if not unlawful use of force.
    Where are you getting that information from? Law? Police manuals? Your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #145
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Entirely wrong on that last.



    That last has a probability that approaches zero. The court will never accept it otherwise. You have to be working for someone, the defendant, the plaintiff, the state.
    No, in this case the doctor literally said he is not charging anyone payment. He is did the autopsy for free. Go back and actually read the NYT article.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  6. #146
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,123

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    No I'm not. I guarantee the amount of bullets fired will be considered in determining whether or not the actions of the officer were justified. The first shot may have been. Even the second. But 6? That is much shakier ground.
    Spoken like a person that has no understanding of police shoot outs and how hard it is to actually hit a suspect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #147
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Thanks. With folks like you around, I always keep it handy.

    PS I can always depend on the Far Right to play the 'race card' race card. Good to know that there are some constants left in this ever-changing world.

    Considering it's your goto card it shouldn't surprise you at all that you get the same reaction to it over and over again. It's that whole definition of insanity thing all over again.

  8. #148
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That is what the officer has said so it is not an assumption.
    It is an assumption the officer is telling the truth and all the other witnesses are lying. Perhaps you are feeble minded enough to believe everything the government says. Enjoy your 1983 mindset, but some of us are not as easily spoon-fed.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  9. #149
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    No I'm not. I guarantee the amount of bullets fired will be considered in determining whether or not the actions of the officer were justified. The first shot may have been. Even the second. But 6? That is much shakier ground.
    No, they won't. You've just watched, and believed, way, way too much TV. It's not uncommon in officer involved shootings for the officer to go through their entire clip. Heck, a couple years back the Portland police pumped 90 rounds into a naked guy with a knife. I think he died of lead poisoning.

  10. #150
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    No I'm just saying it supports the police narrative. As I said somewhere else, the evidence supports more than one narrative and includes the police narrative.
    You commented that you are just saying what narrative the evidence support. Now you are backpeddling and saying "actually I meant what narratives the evidence supports." It is clear that you are biased to support the police, and rather than say right off the bat the evidence could support either scenario, you had to be nudged to finally admitting that. Since I agree with the above post (that the evidence does not prove one narrative any truer than the other) there is no reason to continue this discussion.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •