View Poll Results: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police work in black neighborhoods?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 34.38%
  • No

    20 62.50%
  • I was abducted by aliens. Let me tell you about it!

    1 3.13%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 144

Thread: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

  1. #41
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I have not seen an official report on that....can you provide a link? I've also not seen it substantiated by the current investigation.
    Did I say Official report, or Evidence that is known? You might want to pay attention to what has been said so you do not make the same mistake.
    And that evidence that is known isn't going to change.


    He attacked the Officer and pushed him back into his vehicle, went for his gun and injured the Officers face which requiring hospitalization.
    This is information released by the Chief.


    After the Officer was able to get out of his vehicle, brown didn't surrender but instead progressed towards (charged) the officer as the Officer fired.
    This is information obtained from an eyewitness to the shooting as he was recorded telling other folks what happened.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #42
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Did I say Official report, or Evidence that is known? You might want to pay attention to what has been said so you do not make the same mistake.
    And that evidence that is known isn't going to change.


    He attacked the Officer and pushed him back into his vehicle, went for his gun and injured the Officers face which requiring hospitalization.
    This is information released by the Chief.


    After the Officer was able to get out of his vehicle, brown didn't surrender but instead progressed towards (charged) the officer as the Officer fired.
    This is information obtained from an eyewitness to the shooting as he was recorded telling other folks what happened.
    You said evidence. It's not evidence yet....has it been entered into any court?

    And the Chief is going off a statement....still to be supported. It could easily change or be countered by other eyewitnesses....that will probably be up to others to decide.

    And which eyewitnesses are you deciding are offering 'evidence' and which are offering lies? You've decided that? Is the Chief deciding?

    Pssst! I've never heard of evidence that 'isnt' known
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You said evidence. It's not evidence yet....has it been entered into any court?

    And the Chief is going off a statement....still to be supported.

    And which eyewitnesses are you deciding are offering 'evidence' and which are offering lies? You've decided that? Is the Chief deciding?
    You clearly do not know what evidence is or are playing a stupid game.
    Yes it is evidence.
    It doesn't have to be admitted in any court to be evidence.

    Lets put it this way? What the heck do you think non-admitted evidence is?
    Let me clue you in, it is evidence that the court disallowed to be used in court proceedings. Still evidence though. Duh!


    It will be evidence in the investigation, and will remain evidence during the trial.


    The Officer's account is also evidence.
    It will be evidence in the investigation, and will remain evidence during the trial.

    So stop with your silly little game.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #44
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    SOME are rioting. MOST are protesting peacefully. The cops don't care and attack everyone. That is not acceptable. Period.
    Bull****. I haven't seen anything peaceful, with the exception of yesterday's church service.

    It might have started out as a peaceful protest, but has turned into a full scale riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #45
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Looting is equally unacceptable. That in no way excuses the atrocious and disgusting actions of the police.
    I will wait till the investigation is done before drawing any hard conclusion. We do not know all the facts surrounding the shooting.

  6. #46
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Bull****. I haven't seen anything peaceful, with the exception of yesterday's church service.

    It might have started out as a peaceful protest, but has turned into a full scale riot.
    I haven't seen anything peaceful either, Superflygirl. There could be a lot of peaceful protests going on, but the media doesn't show them. All I've seen are savage acts and some nasty buggers taking advantage of the death of a young man to steal, rob, wreck, and deface under the name of "protest". $50 says most of them don't even know what the hell they're protesting.

  7. #47
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    When some are rioting then the peaceful protestors should listen to the cops and ****ING DISPERSE. Get a license, notify the police and have a peaceful demonstration the next day.
    That's how protests against injustices were done in the past, and most of them worked. What's going on in Ferguson is a blight on this country. This is what third world country citizens do, not what Americans do.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Outside of that one geographic area for the short run - I suspect this will have little not no impact upon police across the nation.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #49
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I'm not so sure that segregated departments are really the answer. That's more like slapping a bandaid on a severed artery.
    A viable community requires that people of all races, faiths, etc. work together for the good of that community.



    You've hit the nail on the head. I agree with your comment.

    It may not always be easy, but that's what it's going to take.

    And eventually it will happen.

  10. #50
    Advisor plutonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    546

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    not in that county but it did help in los angeles by 50 percent after rodney king

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •