View Poll Results: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police work in black neighborhoods?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 34.38%
  • No

    20 62.50%
  • I was abducted by aliens. Let me tell you about it!

    1 3.13%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 144

Thread: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

  1. #91
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That's funny. You just quoted me telling you to stop yet you didn't...
    Like I said, stop acting like a tool and I will stop treating you like one.
    That's funny. You just quoted me telling you to stop yet you didn't...
    Like I said, stop acting like you describe and I will stop treating you like one.

    You started the bs, it is on you to stop. You get no impunity from it.
    As it is, all you are doing is showing that you want to dish it out, but cry when it comes back to you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Talking about how some may not understand the evidence... you presented evidence and I wanted to understand the totality of it, not just what you dictate me to watch. Yours is a simple lawyer trick that fails.

    Holy ****.

    1.) What came before has absolutely nothing to do with that which I asked you to listen. What came before changed nothing about it.
    2.) I have no problem with you listening to it either. Good for you, I am glad you did. Still wasn't applicable.
    And unfortunately you weren't able to understand what you heard, and came up with some ridiculous girlfriend thing that he did not say. Go figure. Which again still had nothing to do with what I asked you to listen to.

    Which of course shows that you remark of some not understanding applies to you.
    Like I said, you do not want to experience it. Stop dishing it out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Absolutely... the cop pulls the gun, a struggle with Brown, the gun discharges, the officer is bloody? Was the officer wounded because I have not heard that one...

    Looks like it: Ferguson Police Chief: Cop Was Injured in Altercation with Michael Brown - One News Page
    What is the main malfunction here?
    I asked: "Please listen to the following and tell me if he is saying that the discharge injured Brown, or it injured the Officer?"

    We went over what "we" would most likely mean.
    So what do you think he meant by the following?
    He was saying that they (we) were looking at him.
    "He was shot and there was blood coming from him."

    And after all that, you say "Was the officer wounded because I have not heard that one..."

    And then you follow it up with evidence that is already known.

    Wow. Your thoughts are truly dizzying.
    At least I hope you have a better grasp on some of the evidence now.


    And seriously. If you want it to stop, you stop.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #92
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That's funny. You just quoted me telling you to stop yet you didn't...
    Like I said, stop acting like you describe and I will stop treating you like one.

    You started the bs, it is on you to stop. You get no impunity from it.
    As it is, all you are doing is showing that you want to dish it out, but cry when it comes back to you.
    Boring same old tripe...

    Holy ****.

    1.) What came before has absolutely nothing to do with that which I asked you to listen. What came before changed nothing about it.
    2.) I have no problem with you listening to it either. Good for you, I am glad you did. Still wasn't applicable.
    3.) And unfortunately you weren't able to understand what you heard, and came up with some ridiculous girlfriend thing that he did not say. Go figure. Which again still had nothing to do with what I asked you to listen to.
    1) Yeah? So what?
    2) Whew! You have no problem with it? What a relief!
    3) The guy can't enunciate and you blame me? Go figure... and again, so what? I can listen to what I want to listen to dictator.

    Which of course shows that you remark of some not understanding applies to you.
    Like I said, you do not want to experience it. Stop dishing it out.
    Oh, I have smacked you around like a puppet for years... you just fail to see it due to your delusions of granger.

    What is the main malfunction here?
    I asked: "Please listen to the following and tell me if he is saying that the discharge injured Brown, or it injured the Officer?"

    We went over what "we" would most likely mean.
    So what do you think he meant by the following?
    He was saying that they (we) were looking at him.
    "He was shot and there was blood coming from him."

    And after all that, you say "Was the officer wounded because I have not heard that one..."

    And then you follow it up with evidence that is already known. :

    Wow. Your thoughts are truly dizzying.
    At least I hope you have a better grasp on some of the evidence now.


    And seriously. If you want it to stop, you stop.
    And the classic is back...I agree with you and you STILL want to insult and argue... Talk about stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Boring same old tripe...

    Yes, we know. That is all you can put forth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    1) Yeah? So what?
    2) Whew! You have no problem with it? What a relief!
    3) The guy can't enunciate and you blame me? Go figure... and again, so what? I can listen to what I want to listen to dictator.
    You are pointing out nonsense.
    It wasn't listening to other things that is a problem.
    It was you absurdly apply them to what you were asked when 1.) they were irrelevant, and 2.) you couldn't even get what was said correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Oh, I have smacked you around like a puppet for years...
    Delusions of grandeur at it's best. Figures.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    you just fail to see it due to your delusions of granger.
    Said Tony the Tiger having delusions of grrrrr....anger! Rowwwh!
    iLOL




    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And the classic is back...I agree with you and you STILL want to insult and argue... Talk about stupid...
    Yes lets talk about stupid.
    The following was a very stupid comment based on what we already discussed.
    "Was the officer wounded because I have not heard that one..."

    And even further, we now have you saying you agreed, when the above clearly does not indicate agreement, even though we already went over the relevant info.

    And then to ice the cake, you provide an article stating injury, but not how it is even related, not that you know if it even speaking to the same injury.
    So spare me your bs about agreement. You were not agreeing with me, you were absurdly attempting to agree with an article that provided no basis for the kind/type of injury that we just discussed.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #94
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Yes, we know. That is all you can put forth.


    You are pointing out nonsense.
    It wasn't listening to other things that is a problem.
    It was you absurdly apply them to what you were asked when 1.) they were irrelevant, and 2.) you couldn't even get what was said correct.


    Delusions of grandeur at it's best. Figures.


    Said Tony the Tiger having delusions of grrrrr....anger! Rowwwh!
    iLOL




    Yes lets talk about stupid.
    The following was a very stupid comment based on what we already discussed.
    "Was the officer wounded because I have not heard that one..."

    And even further, we now have you saying you agreed, when the above clearly does not indicate agreement, even though we already went over the relevant info.

    And then to ice the cake, you provide an article stating injury, but not how it is even related, not that you know if it even speaking to the same injury.
    So spare me your bs about agreement. You were not agreeing with me, you were absurdly attempting to agree with an article that provided no basis for the kind/type of injury that we just discussed.
    Well, this post was certainly pointless to read... hope you got something out of writing it at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #95
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    If I were a cop, I don't know what I'd do, but I would tempted to walk away and say **** you to the community. In urban areas with significant crime rates, it's difficult enough to get cops to work in the first place. I'm sure incidents like this just make it worse. In Dallas, it's hard to find cops who will stay- it's a ****hole to work in, and it's mild as compared to other urban areas around the nation. I can't imagine doing that job in areas where gangs roam the streets, and punks would just as soon shoot you as to look at you.
    Some cops are good people who care about the community, try to help the people they arrest, try to help victims, try to point kids in right direction, and are cops for the right reasons... others just want to do it for the money and don't care about the community. I think the majority of cops are involved for the money, which isn't that much... but a job is a job to some people.

  6. #96
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by csense View Post
    ...Or maybe it's because a certain segment of society doesn't know how to navigate social encounters without acting violently. That is the crux of the issue and it's something nobody wants to talk about.
    You mean black people are hotheaded and violent by nature?

  7. #97
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    I don't think the race of cops will change anything. The problem could be the way cops are trained to police certain neighborhoods; profile everybody in the neighborhood and be generally suspicious of everybody in the community. Where I lived as a teen, the young guys would be stopped constantly and questioned for nothing. If the cops were ever called out, they took everybody's name, ran it for warrants and background checks, and tried to fine everybody possible. If you were in the car and driving below they speed limit, they'd pull you over, run your plates, run a check, etc. all based on some kind of suspicion that you were probably up to something because of where you lived or were. It was absolute bull**** the last time they did it to me. The officer said he thought he saw my car veer out of the lane... BS.

    One cop complained to my friend snow was blocking his plate. He got out of the car, knocked the snow off, and the cop let him go after checking all his info.

    They cop let me go as well.


    They are just trying to find somebody drunk, somebody with a warrant, somebody not insured, or something. It's how they make money, so it's not an issue of the cops race. It's an issue of how the entire system is build to make money, and how the system works in lower class and especially minority/immigrant communities.

    In the case of Michael Brown, they stopped him for blocking traffic. It's a bull**** reason to stop somebody... but the cops do it all the time in neighborhoods like that. Black cops, Latino cops, immigrant cops, etc. are seen doing it in their own communities. It's how they are trained IMO.



    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I voted "No" but I think I'm wrong. I think it will have a chilling effect on white officers trying to do their jobs in black neighborhoods. Personally? I think they should have certain neighborhoods patrolled by black officers. We'd have a lot fewer problems. Cities could make it work by selling the public on the department's desire to be "racially sensitive" or some-such crap like that.

    What white cop wouldn't think twice in certain confrontations with blacks in black neighborhoods? Or white neighborhoods, for that matter? Who'd life wouldn't flash before their eyes? Horrible publicity. Personal threats to himself and his family. Being hounded by the media. Being burned in effigy in the middle of the street. Who would want to risk that?

    I can picture a lot of cops saying simply, "Today's your lucky day. GTF outa' here."

  8. #98
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Race is not really the issue. That's blaming an object. Segregation is pointless and harmful, cops would still make mistakes and be hated the same.
    Yeah, I don't need to be segregated in case I forget to treat minorities like people. I am not a racist, so I won't slip... lol

  9. #99
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    Probably 90% of the young guys in his community fit the description. I want specifics on the description... was it based on an obvious and distinct piece of clothing? How did the officer suspect Michael but not his friend, and why isn't is friend in jail if they robbed a place together? Did Michael actually rob the place or not?

    I am not asking the questions to be stupid. I really want to know...

    And let's not forget, the initial reason he was stopped was for "blocking traffic." The officer identified him as suspect after letting him go for blocking traffic.



    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Then why bother with having police at all? I mean, if they are afraid to confront a suspect, then they are in the wrong line of work. I don't care if a suspect is black, white or purple. If he fits the description of someone who just strongarm robbed a store, and he is stupid enough to carry the stolen goods with him -- if the cop is too scared to confront him, then the cop should be looking for another job.

  10. #100
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    re: Will Ferguson have a chilling effect on police?[W:144]

    They need good cops that care about the community. I think it's simple what they need. They are worried their sons will be profiled, shot and killed without reason. They need a PD that will assure the community they are protected from violence, that they can trust the cops and call the cops, and the PD is on their side, not an outside threat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I understand the feeling and, frankly, if I was running things in Ferguson I'd be tempted to just pull up stakes in town and let them sort it out for themselves but I also know that wouldn't solve anything.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •