View Poll Results: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 85.71%
  • No

    8 9.52%
  • Other

    4 4.76%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 171

Thread: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

  1. #41
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Only if all suspects must wear them as well. Why should the word of the arrested count without video back-up but not the word of the arresting officer?
    The officer's camera would serve the same purpose.

    Besides, pretty much nobody believes the suspect already anyway, whereas too many people naively believe the police at face value just because they're the police. Cameras don't do anything to enhance anybody's credibility.. What they do is expose wrongdoing, with a side-benefit of confirming illegal actions by the suspect (when applicable).
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #42
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Police department have enough money to stockpile military grade weaponry and armor but can't provide cameras....hmmmm
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  3. #43
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,278

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Straw Man... 99% of the population is not out forcing citizens to comply to their orders...
    Um, actually cops force citizens to comply with the laws, not "their orders".

  4. #44
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Send all the cops back to the classroom to read just two words on the board "BE HUMAN" and then dismiss the class.

  5. #45
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Um, actually cops force citizens to comply with the laws, not "their orders".
    In theory yes.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #46
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Um, actually cops force citizens to comply with the laws, not "their orders".
    Not necessarily. Police are increasingly ordering people to stop filming them, and there are no laws that prevent people from doing so.

    Unaware of any laws, but the vast majority of jurisdictions have no such laws. Point stands that the vast majority of the time, if not at all times, the police are issuing orders to stop filming that they have no legitimate authority to do.

    Just one example.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #47
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,278

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Not necessarily. Police are increasingly ordering people to stop filming them, and there are no laws that prevent people from doing so.

    Unaware of any laws, but the vast majority of jurisdictions have no such laws. Point stands that the vast majority of the time, if not at all times, the police are issuing orders to stop filming that they have no legitimate authority to do.

    Just one example.
    Telling people not to do something they have a right to do isn't part of a policeman's job description, and they aren't arresting people for it. Policemen are hired to enforce laws, not make them up as they go along or enforce their own orders.

  8. #48
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,436

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Telling people not to do something they have a right to do isn't part of a policeman's job description, and they aren't arresting people for it. Policemen are hired to enforce laws, not make them up as they go along or enforce their own orders.
    Watch the video below. After they roughed up their suspect, they chased his brother into a house without a warrant and arrested him - for videotaping them. This happended here where I live and until heavy pressure was applied from the public, nothing was going to happen to the police officers involved.


    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  9. #49
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,278

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Watch the video below. After they roughed up their suspect, they chased his brother into a house without a warrant and arrested him - for videotaping them. This happended here where I live and until heavy pressure was applied from the public, nothing was going to happen. It happens.


    I know it happens. It isn't the norm and it isn't what they were hired to do, and it isn't what most of them (900,000+) do.

  10. #50
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    If a community wants to have them, sure. But only if it includes audio.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •