View Poll Results: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    72 85.71%
  • No

    8 9.52%
  • Other

    4 4.76%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 171

Thread: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

  1. #121
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    It probably wouldnt but it still highlights wrong doing by people in positions of trust. Perhaps the field officers making the arrest could have shed light on the situation though with recorded evidence.
    It wouldn't, is the correct answer.

    Do you think the only people in "positions of trust" who ever do anything wrong as policemen?

    And no, in the example he posted, nothing in the field captured via a camera would have prevented the man from being charged in the first place. His conviction was thrown out on a technicality, rightfully so, but a technicality nonetheless.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Some cops are psycho/sociopaths. Cops may not try to get away with misdeeds more than anyone else, but their misdeeds are more harmful to the public. In addition, the whole justice system favors the word of the police over an ordinary citizen. The police have a union, co-workers, management and government attorneys on their side and a special system of internal investigation and discipline rigged to help them get away with bad behavior.
    Just had one here...a SWAT guy...convicted of pimping out his wife and stealing police dept. ammo. (alot).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #123
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Here's an interesting story about my Father and the police in Shelton CT.

    He was a victim of police brutality multiple times, some times he was even arrested and taken in because he was "part of the Latin Kings" (a baseless claim made simply because he was brown)

    Shelton in the past was one of the absolute worst cities, the KKK grand wizard lived there and the police corruption was terrible.

    There were so many complaints about the police department in Shelton that the federal department of Justice came in and conducted an investigation after a lawsuit was filed. Afterwards they found enough evidence of the corruption of the Shelton PD that they created a committee of citizens who would review the case (my dad was on that committee). They came together, and afterwards came to the conclusion that whenever a cop came and stopped someone they would have to turn on the camera otherwise it would be a violation that would get the entire PD in huge trouble.

    That's how its done ladies and gentlemen, if the PD in your city is a piece of ****, assemble, file complaints, and sue, the federal govt. will investigate and give the people the power they deserve to make sure the police stay in check.

    P.S. Shelton CT is known for having extremely low taxes so having all policemen wear cameras isn't expensive AT ALL (shame on all the people who spoke out of their asses that this would cost a lot of money )
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It wouldn't, is the correct answer.

    Do you think the only people in "positions of trust" who ever do anything wrong as policemen?

    And no, in the example he posted, nothing in the field captured via a camera would have prevented the man from being charged in the first place. His conviction was thrown out on a technicality, rightfully so, but a technicality nonetheless.
    The point of my post is that police misconduct is not that rare and the stakes are high, which is why we need systems to keep them as accountable as possible.

  5. #125
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So the truth is BS? You want to monitor police because of corruption and the possibility them killing someone innocent.

    By that measure, then socialist history proves the first we should monitor for such things would be socialist.

    In other words, when it comes to corruption and death, socialist are the last people who should be pointing fingers at others.
    Still held up on my lean eh?


  6. #126
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Those things are in place to protect the average cop, a good guy. That those things are abused by the rare crazy person is irrelevant.
    The average cop isn't always a good guy.

    In fact, Shelton's average cop was a corrupt piece of **** not long ago, yes, the AVERAGE cop. Hell I might go so far as to say all of the cops were terrible (we had enough complaints to warrant an investigation by the federal department of justice). Then again, we housed the KKK, so maybe Shelton is just a bad city that can't be equated to the "Average" city
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #127
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So the truth is BS? You want to monitor police because of corruption and the possibility them killing someone innocent.

    By that measure, then socialist history proves the first we should monitor for such things would be socialist.

    In other words, when it comes to corruption and death, socialist are the last people who should be pointing fingers at others.
    This post summed up in one picture.

    Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?-see-terrible-post-jpg
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  8. #128
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    The average cop isn't always a good guy.
    I don't think you understand 'average'.

  9. #129
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I don't think you understand 'average'.
    On a national scale?

    cops should never be viewed at through a national level, that's bull****.

    That's exactly how you ****ing skip over places like Shelton.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  10. #130
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Should All Police Have to Wear Body Cameras?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    On a national scale?

    cops should never be viewed at through a national level, that's bull****.

    That's exactly how you ****ing skip over places like Shelton.
    The average cop, everywhere, is a good person. Just like any other group.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •