View Poll Results: Are you influenced by endorsements?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    17 73.91%
  • Sometimes

    6 26.09%
  • I'm not allowed to vote....don't ask.

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Endorsements

  1. #1
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Endorsements

    Do endorsements by politicians/celebrities/unions/political organizations have any impact on your voting?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Endorsements

    No. Sometimes they point me towards a candidate that I can then research. However, at the end of the day, it's my decision and mine alone. I don't let a talking head do my voting for me.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Endorsements

    My sole criteria for voting for someone is where they stand on the issues.

    Endorsements mean nothing at all to me.

  4. #4
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Do endorsements by politicians/celebrities/unions/political organizations have any impact on your voting?
    Possibly.

    If I like and/or agree with the thoughts of a person, their endorsement of another person may influence my decision.



    However, since I:
    1. Dislike/disagree with most if not all politicians.
    2. Think the vast majority of celebrities have almost no sensible argument when it comes to politics.
    3. Consider unions a necessary evil at best, and a conflict of interest when public sector.
    4. Disagree with most political organizations.



    I'd say in general...no.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #5
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    My sole criteria for voting for someone is where they stand on the issues.

    Endorsements mean nothing at all to me.
    Issues may help me make a decision, but they are by no means the only variable. I have to consider my....feel...for a person. And for that matter, my impression as to what they might do if an unexpected issue arose.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #6
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Endorsements

    Pretty much no, but there is the rare occasion where I already know the person has a good head on their shoulders and their endorsement will cause me to consider whomever it is they're endorsing.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #7
    Sage
    _Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    somewhere across the border in the great North
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,357

    Re: Endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Possibly.

    If I like and/or agree with the thoughts of a person, their endorsement of another person may influence my decision.



    However, since I:
    1. Dislike/disagree with most if not all politicians.
    2. Think the vast majority of celebrities have almost no sensible argument when it comes to politics.
    3. Consider unions a necessary evil at best, and a conflict of interest when public sector.
    4. Disagree with most political organizations.



    I'd say in general...no.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Issues may help me make a decision, but they are by no means the only variable. I have to consider my....feel...for a person. And for that matter, my impression as to what they might do if an unexpected issue arose.
    a good solid analysis

  8. #8
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Endorsements

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Do endorsements by politicians/celebrities/unions/political organizations have any impact on your voting?
    The only impact endorsements have on my voting is if someone I feel is harming America endorses someone and the candidate does not reject the endorsement, I vote AGAINST the candidate.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #9
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,876

    Re: Endorsements

    Endorsements mean nothing to me. More important are issues, voting record if available, consistency yet willingness to admit errors, honesty -lol- really.

  10. #10
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Endorsements

    If I were able to vote right now I would say no.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •