View Poll Results: Do you feel that Michael was capable of attacking the cop?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's more believable after seeing the video

    32 65.31%
  • No, it's not more believable that he attacked the cop unprovoked

    4 8.16%
  • I think the cop shot him out of anger

    12 24.49%
  • I think the cop feared for his life and that's why he shot him

    1 2.04%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, if you really understood the concept of Occam's razor, the simplest explanation would be that he does this sort of thing all the time in life,
    BZZZT. He had no criminal record, so that's out the door.

    Michael Brown had no criminal record - St. Louis Business Journal

    Try again.

  2. #62
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    BZZZT. He had no criminal record, so that's out the door.

    Michael Brown had no criminal record - St. Louis Business Journal

    Try again.
    Try for reading comprehension, reread the post you just half quoted, only this time read all the words. Btw, when your argument can only work if you play tricks with other people's posts or omit significant points from their post, you've lost the script.

  3. #63
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,670

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    However, that day, he felt like robbing a convenience store to throw away his life. Makes sense to me
    Have you actually seen the video? Are you discounting it completely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Well one point...Everyone has a clean record up to some point. Just because you don't have any priors doesn't mean you can't do something that day to warrant getting shot. (Not saying he did, but you cannot look at someone and see "6 priors, go ahead and fire at will"). You have to handle the situation as it presently is.

    I remember there being debate about cops wearing a camera on their person, that would record their interactions with people. There were detractors to be sure, but that sort of technology would certainly help with evidence in cases like this.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Have you actually seen the video? Are you discounting it completely?
    The video could've been made after the shooting using actors. Cops can easily arrange such things.

    If the story were consistent, then that possibility could've been dismissed, but because the account in the video makes the whole story inconsistent, the possibility of fraud must be raised.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Here's the version of the events that's consistent w/all the facts and Occam's Razor. . .

    darrell wilson shoots dead Michael Brown who is fleeing from him. And unfortunately for him, there are witnesses and word gets out.

    Cops in police dept. are in a frenzy--have to come w/up a story fast to justify the cops' actions, and decide to make a phony video of a robbery, paying the convenience store clerk/manager a large sum of $$ to film it there. Cops make the video, then decide to say that the wilson was trying to capture a robber--Michael Wilson--fleeing the crime.

    However, the evidence doesn't hold up that wilson could've known about the robbery at the time, and so cops are left to say that wilson didn't know about the robbery but that it happened anyway. Cops then go to Brown's friend, Johnson, and coerce him into saying that he helped rob the store in exchange for not charging him w/another crime and letting him walk free.
    Not necessarily. Additional accounts have the 2 teens on the sidewalk after the cops tell them to move, the cops start to drive away, and the teens get back in the road. That is where the make contact again. There is time for the cops to receive word about a the store robbery. It also could explain why, in one account, the officer started to draw his gun when Brown approached his window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    It's the simplest logical explanation given the following facts

    1) Cops waited for 2 days before releasing robbery account, instead of immediately following the incident.
    2) Michael Brown had no criminal record
    3) Dorian Johnson wasn't charged w/robbery, even though video (supposedly) shows he helped commit it.

    I suggest you go back to listening to Limbaugh, since logic is too much for your conservative head.
    The video is damning, inflammatory, and may legally not be connected to the case.

    The police chief said he was told to release it in the news conference. Not sure if by lawyers or the mayor, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #68
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The video could've been made after the shooting using actors. Cops can easily arrange such things.

    .
    Or by space aliens working in conjunction with the illuminati!
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #69
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The video could've been made after the shooting using actors. Cops can easily arrange such things.

    If the story were consistent, then that possibility could've been dismissed, but because the account in the video makes the whole story inconsistent, the possibility of fraud must be raised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #70
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    One of the problems with events of this nature is that they tend to get turned into something they arent for political gain and then we are offered these false perceptions and realities that, when are proven to be false, create all the other craziness and distract from the actual concern.

    40 days after the incident, the race baiters got involved and Trayvon Martin was offered up as an angel...a cute little 12 year old boy in soft edged pictures, an all American kid that played football and loved his mama til he was gunned down by an evil white man. Then...we he was a pot smoking thug who was kicked out of school for breaking into lockers and regularly engaged in fighting. The white man turned out to be a Hispanic but THAT rhetoric was never going to fly so they described George Zimmerman as a "White Latino." Everything became about everything OTHER than what had actually happened.

    In this shooting, poor Mike Brown was a soft little guy that loved his mama was going to go to college and be a success. He was gunned down for no reason and the evil cop stepped out of his car spraying bullets at an innocent kid from 35 feet away. Except...he was a thug, with moments of violence, that moments before the incident is captured on video throwing an old guy around in a store where he just stole cigars. The cop didnt gun him down right away he was trying to arrest him...no...wait...he was putting him in the back seat of the cruiser...no...no...he was dragging a 6'4' 300 pounder into the front seat of the cruiser....

    We still know precisely squat about what actually happened.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •