View Poll Results: Do you feel that Michael was capable of attacking the cop?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's more believable after seeing the video

    32 65.31%
  • No, it's not more believable that he attacked the cop unprovoked

    4 8.16%
  • I think the cop shot him out of anger

    12 24.49%
  • I think the cop feared for his life and that's why he shot him

    1 2.04%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93

Thread: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

  1. #31
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    There is no excuse for a policemen to shoot an unarmed man. Whatever crime the person may be suspected of is irrelevant to the police action.

    That all said, this very thread is a bit offensive. Trying someone in absentia, with almost no facts to work with, is nothing more then rumor mongering. I suppose, however, that is keeping with most debates at DP, as it seems too many people like to debate things they know very little about and just want to debate feelings and impressions rather than facts.
    there are plenty of cases where it is justifiable to shoot an unarmed man. however, I don't know enough about this case to state whether it was justified here



  2. #32
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    I voted on the thread title, "Do you think MB was capable of being violent?" because we've seen evidence (in the video) that he was.

    The poll title is something different (was he capable of attacking the cop?) and I dont know but the video supports a possibility rather than leaving me neutral.

    I voted Yes based on the thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #33
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    152

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    There are already some folks saying that if one compares clothing, it's not the same person because he wouldn't have had time to change clothes that quickly. Don't know, but it leaves open that many of us are seeing what the cops want us to see. Also if it was robbery, why wasn't Johnson brought in or charges filed against him? So far it seems like they're reaching.

    If Brown was stopped simply for walking while black, which is what it seems since it's been admitted that the officer was unaware of the robbery report, then y'know, I can no longer fault young, black teens for becoming aggressive in their self-defense against overly aggressive, threatening officers with no valid reason for "assessing" someone thusly. It has become too obvious lately that young black men, even older black men, being "assessed" with no reason for it.

    And as you say, there's no reason ever for shooting an unarmed, fleeing or surrendering TEEN, or man.
    He was stopped because he was walking in the middle of the road blocking traffic and refused to move to the sidewalk when asked. By walking while black do you mean that black people are not capable of walking on sidewalks and have to walk in the road?

  4. #34
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    152

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there are plenty of cases where it is justifiable to shoot an unarmed man. however, I don't know enough about this case to state whether it was justified here
    Agreed. People often forget that hands and feet can kill you just as quick as a gun.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    How on Earth could I possibly know if Michael Brown was violent or not?

    How can anyone that did not know him at least somewhat?

    I wish people, in cases like this, would wait to pass judgement on ANY OF IT until all the facts are in.

    It is a cliche but there are (at least) two sides to every story.

  6. #36
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    It's got plenty like you...
    It appears that way. The peaceful people need to get the looting race baiter/pimps out of there. Where will you go next?

  7. #37
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,974

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Poll: Do you feel that Michael was capable of attacking the cop?
    Anybody short of a quadriplegic is capable of attacking a cop or can be violent towards others. What a weird poll question.

  8. #38
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Here's a suggestion. If you don't like the poll, or think it's wrong to discuss things without all the facts(which is about half the threads on this entire forum) then don't respond. God forbid a poll is created around recent events!

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    There are already some folks saying that if one compares clothing, it's not the same person because he wouldn't have had time to change clothes that quickly. Don't know, but it leaves open that many of us are seeing what the cops want us to see. Also if it was robbery, why wasn't Johnson brought in or charges filed against him? So far it seems like they're reaching.
    Here's the version of the events that's consistent w/all the facts and Occam's Razor. . .

    darrell wilson shoots dead Michael Brown who is fleeing from him. And unfortunately for him, there are witnesses and word gets out.

    Cops in police dept. are in a frenzy--have to come w/up a story fast to justify the cops' actions, and decide to make a phony video of a robbery, paying the convenience store clerk/manager a large sum of $$ to film it there. Cops make the video, then decide to say that the wilson was trying to capture a robber--Michael Wilson--fleeing the crime.

    However, the evidence doesn't hold up that wilson could've known about the robbery at the time, and so cops are left to say that wilson didn't know about the robbery but that it happened anyway. Cops then go to Brown's friend, Johnson, and coerce him into saying that he helped rob the store in exchange for not charging him w/another crime and letting him walk free.

  10. #40
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    How on Earth could I possibly know if Michael Brown was violent or not?

    .

    By watching the video, in which case the answer is patently obvious.

    I am surprised to encounter anybody who would actually require such instructions.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •