View Poll Results: Do you feel that Michael was capable of attacking the cop?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's more believable after seeing the video

    32 65.31%
  • No, it's not more believable that he attacked the cop unprovoked

    4 8.16%
  • I think the cop shot him out of anger

    12 24.49%
  • I think the cop feared for his life and that's why he shot him

    1 2.04%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

  1. #21
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    The video shows Dorian Johnson and Michael Brown robbing a carryout and Brown was killed while they were fleeing the scene of a felony. It's possible that Dorian Johnson could be charged with capital murder. So he has plenty of reason to lie. And he also conveniently left out the part about the robbery when he told his story to the media. Basically lying by omission. Furthermore, after seeing how tall Brown is, it seems to me that Johnson's version of events is physically impossible. It makes no sense.

    Therefore his credibility is non-existent IMO. He's a typical lying ******.
    There are other witnesses...if they are black, should we discount their versions as well?


  2. #22
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not have to believe anything. I can wait until all the facts come in, and then make some kind of judgement.
    You mean like MSNBC did with Zimmerman? That type of "wait" and see?

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    You mean like MSNBC did with Zimmerman? That type of "wait" and see?
    Where my words too complex for you? What does any TV network have to do with anything I said?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #24
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Where my words too complex for you? What does any TV network have to do with anything I said?
    I forgot, you are a Liberal. Did I EVER say that you said anything about MSNBC. Believe it or not the world does not revolve around all you so-called great minds. You made a comment, then I made a comment. Get it? And get over yourself.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    There are other witnesses...if they are black, should we discount their versions as well?
    Congratulations! You've just won the most moronic question of the month award.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    I forgot, you are a Liberal. Did I EVER say that you said anything about MSNBC. Believe it or not the world does not revolve around all you so-called great minds. You made a comment, then I made a comment. Get it? And get over yourself.
    Except you made your comment in reply to my comment. Was it an accident that you quoted me, and then said something entirely unrelated to what I said?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    [QUOTE=Redress;1063645395]Except you made your comment in reply to my comment. Was it an accident that you quoted me, and then said something entirely unrelated to what I said?[/Q

    It was in reference to the "wait". You OK now? Did I hurt your delicate sensibilities?

  8. #28
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    I will start off by saying that there is NO justification for shooting a fleeing unarmed man, unless you know for a fact he is a serial killer or the like. Having said that. Is it more believable that Michael Brown could have started a fight with this cop(for no reason)after seeing the surveillance video of him stealing and intimidating the clerk?
    There are already some folks saying that if one compares clothing, it's not the same person because he wouldn't have had time to change clothes that quickly. Don't know, but it leaves open that many of us are seeing what the cops want us to see. Also if it was robbery, why wasn't Johnson brought in or charges filed against him? So far it seems like they're reaching.

    If Brown was stopped simply for walking while black, which is what it seems since it's been admitted that the officer was unaware of the robbery report, then y'know, I can no longer fault young, black teens for becoming aggressive in their self-defense against overly aggressive, threatening officers with no valid reason for "assessing" someone thusly. It has become too obvious lately that young black men, even older black men, being "assessed" with no reason for it.

    And as you say, there's no reason ever for shooting an unarmed, fleeing or surrendering TEEN, or man.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #29
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    I will start off by saying that there is NO justification for shooting a fleeing unarmed man, unless you know for a fact he is a serial killer or the like. Having said that. Is it more believable that Michael Brown could have started a fight with this cop(for no reason)after seeing the surveillance video of him stealing and intimidating the clerk?
    The video doesn't show how Brown and the cop were interacting with each prior to the shooting. That said I do not believe cops go "oh hey look its a black guy, GET HIM!!!! " followed by bang bang bang bang bang bang "is he still moving?" bang bang bang bang.

    It is **** like this why there should be cameras on all cop cars at different angles with sound and recording devices on cops themselves. This protects the cop and ensures that no wrong doing is going on.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #30
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: More believable that Michael brown was violent??

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    I will start off by saying that there is NO justification for shooting a fleeing unarmed man, unless you know for a fact he is a serial killer or the like. Having said that. Is it more believable that Michael Brown could have started a fight with this cop(for no reason)after seeing the surveillance video of him stealing and intimidating the clerk?
    There is no excuse for a policemen to shoot an unarmed man. Whatever crime the person may be suspected of is irrelevant to the police action.

    That all said, this very thread is a bit offensive. Trying someone in absentia, with almost no facts to work with, is nothing more then rumor mongering. I suppose, however, that is keeping with most debates at DP, as it seems too many people like to debate things they know very little about and just want to debate feelings and impressions rather than facts.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •