View Poll Results: What of the following does the best for eliminating poverty in the world?

Voters
1003. You may not vote on this poll
  • Private property.

    55 5.48%
  • Unions.

    315 31.41%
  • Personal liberty.

    69 6.88%
  • Entitlements.

    403 40.18%
  • Taxation

    463 46.16%
  • Freedom from coercion/association.

    52 5.18%
  • Government programs/policies.

    410 40.88%
  • The free market.

    79 7.88%
  • Class struggle.

    14 1.40%
  • Working for oneself.

    59 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 537

Thread: How is poverty best eliminated?

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Rhetorically? That answer is obvious in the "conversations" produced by cons like:



    But then the argument will get shifted to "buying of votes" and other nonsense.......which is countered by the fact that poor white conservatives are the largest segment of poverty beneficiaries.....and they are not voting Dem....so that argument crumbles.

    What remains?
    Your logic is fractured. This is all about buying votes, and here in CA-where we have 1/3 of the nations welfare recipients its plain to see.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I dont see whats so hard to understand here. I said single marriage was the greatest single predictor of poverty. Now this is a fact, and if you dispute this-kindly show evidence now.
    I think you meant to say that marriage reduces poverty, not that it is a "predictor of poverty"....as if it is the cause of poverty....but an indicator of a LACK of poverty (I don't know why I keep having to correct your statement!).

    If marriage causes less poverty, then it because of household income, ie, somehow, magically, marriage causes employment...JOBS!

    The point still remains, you have the cart in front of the horse.....single income homes are in poverty because of the lack of income, ie, our economy requires 2 earners to have any chance of getting out of poverty.....and even with 2 earners, a huge number of those households remain in poverty.

    It is due ENTIRELY to declining wages.

    You Bell Curvers ALWAYS make this a morality based argument and veer away from the economics.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #393
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Your logic is fractured. This is all about buying votes, and here in CA-where we have 1/3 of the nations welfare recipients its plain to see.
    I have no idea what "welfare" you are referring to, but Texas had more SNAP recipients than CA in 2008.....but then maybe TX went blue sometime ago and I missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I think you meant to say that marriage reduces poverty, not that it is a "predictor of poverty"....as if it is the cause of poverty....but an indicator of a LACK of poverty (I don't know why I keep having to correct your statement!).

    If marriage causes less poverty, then it because of household income, ie, somehow, magically, marriage causes employment...JOBS!
    Words have meanings. I used the appropriate terminology and you have demonstrated twice you dont know what they mean.

    If you dont understand "single marriage is the greatest single predictor of poverty" I wont take the time to teach you.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Words have meanings. I used the appropriate terminology and you have demonstrated twice you dont know what they mean.

    If you dont understand "single marriage is the greatest single predictor of poverty" I wont take the time to teach you.
    "Single marriage".
    Yeppers, you got me there.....obviously above my pay grade.

    Is that a Mormon reference?

    PS....again i love how you avoid the socioeconomic factors.....while focused on your error filled semantics.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-22-14 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #396
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Single marriage".
    Yeppers, you got me there.....obviously above my pay grade.

    Is that a Mormon reference?

    WTH is 'single marriage'?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #397
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    WTH is 'single marriage'?
    Ask UScon, he is a scientist....he told me so.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ask UScon, he is a scientist....he told me so.
    Single parenthood, my fruit was low hung, almost as much as your argument.

  9. #399
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Single parenthood, my fruit was low hung, almost as much as your argument.
    Your idioms are really messed up, low hanging fruit has a completely different meaning....but then I have really no idea WTF you meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #400
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: How is poverty best eliminated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    Poverty has always existed... and will continue .... in perpetuity. The fanciful idealism of it's elimination is irrational foolishness.

    Thom Paine
    In the past poverty existed due to stuff being scarce. In the future stuff is likely to be much less scarce. So why is the elimination of poverty "irrational foolishness"?

    I'll agree that there will always be people who make poor financial and lifestyle choices, thus there will always be some sort of poverty, but for the most part it's possible to eliminate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •