View Poll Results: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    176 56.77%
  • No

    134 43.23%
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 275

Thread: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

  1. #241
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,749

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The 2012 process was weird in that Romney entered as the putative favorite and left as the nominee, but damn if there wasn't a new flavor of the month cropping up every so often because Republicans -- or at least the more conservative wing of the party -- wanted nothing to do with Mitt Romney. Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, hell, even Donald Trump was at one point at least somewhat seriously considered. However, the only one who stood any sort of chance of actually beating Obama in a general election was Romney, at least before he smeared half the electorate and the Republicans' we-know-we're-right polling metrics turned out to be completely wrong (which probably led to a serious mis-allocation of resources late in the campaign).

    The common meme among conservatives is "conservatives stayed home rather than vote for Mitt Romney," which sounds neat in theory, except that the 2012 election had a pretty high voter turnout which led to Romney having the fifth-highest popular vote total ever. I highly doubt enough Real Conservatives stayed home to offset the millions of independent voters who would have fled from Newt Gingrich like the denizens of Tokyo every time Godzilla shows up.
    I actually consider myself an independent.

    A right-leaning one, however.

    And right up til literally the voting booth I was all planning to vote for Romney, because I thought he'd be better than Obama.
    The I looked at the screen (electronic voting booths with touchscreens where I vote) and just couldn't bring myself to do it.


    Edit: I guess what I'm saying here is that independents, independent conservatives, independent liberals, and probably even some democrats and conservative republicans, DIDN'T stay home from voting because of Romney - but they may have voted for another candidate because of Romney.


    Personally, I had this sudden feeling of "****, it's yet another in the long line of rich assholes for president".
    Last edited by The Mark; 08-16-14 at 06:37 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #242
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I actually consider myself an independent.

    A right-leaning one, however.

    And right up til literally the voting booth I was all planning to vote for Romney, because I thought he'd be better than Obama.
    The I looked at the screen (electronic voting booths with touchscreens where I vote) and just couldn't bring myself to do it.
    I'm a left-leaning member of a third party, and I didn't vote for Obama in 2012, mostly as a protest vote since in my state it didn't matter anyway. If I lived in, say, Florida, I would have voted for Obama simply because a Republican would absolutely have to blow me away in order to get my vote, and that certainly wasn't the case with Mitt Romney.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #243
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    I answered yes just to frustrate Navy Pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #244
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No left wing Liberal like you has ever defeated me in a debate.........when you lose you attack the messenger.......typical.
    Lololololol...

    Marshawn Lynch called. He wants his autograph back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #245
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You lefties are to ****ing lazy to read the thread...Your probably on food stamps to...
    You don't even read your own sources. It is a running joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #246
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You lefties are to ****ing lazy to read the thread...Your probably on food stamps to...
    You claim it's so easy. You have the burden of proof. You claim there are. You can provide none.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #247
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    I choose not to answer simply because it isn't as solid black or white as you would make it out to be. Obama could have done much more had he not had to deal with such a destructive and obstructive GOP, one that has been so good at influencing and scaring people that it has seeped over to scaring the democrats. Democrats that are running this year will not use Obama to get them elected. See Alison Grimes in KY whom is using Bill Clinton's endorsement instead. Republicans won't vote on crap that they won't just to spite him. The party has gone all out insane. The party panders to a demographic that is ever shrinking. You want to know how computers got so popular? The people that held it back died off.

    I think Obama's biggest blunder that should have been a shoe-in was the healthcare act and focusing on that first. He had the entire democratic majority but then somehow we let stupid people like Sarah Palin put fear into us that it was going to kill us somehow and then the entire party got nervous. Most people still have no idea how Obamacare actually works and I can go to 5 different people and get 5 different answers, most of them (being in KY) are negative and most of them are not true. Lastly, his biggest mess-up is he has a big bark but not a lot of bite. Hence why I think him as a person, people love, but as president people are weary of him.

    If I had to rank him in the best presidents in my lifetime it would probably go like this though:

    1)Clinton
    2)Reagan
    3)Bush Sr.
    4)Obama
    5)Bush Jr.

    Of course his presidency isn't over but we will see what happens.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  8. #248
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

    No. He has been very divisive. And he has upset the balance of power. His lack of executive experience has really been evident during his presidency.

    Thats why you dont elect people for feel good reasons. You elect them because they are the best person for the job.

  9. #249
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I choose not to answer simply because it isn't as solid black or white as you would make it out to be. Obama could have done much more had he not had to deal with such a destructive and obstructive GOP, one that has been so good at influencing and scaring people that it has seeped over to scaring the democrats. Democrats that are running this year will not use Obama to get them elected. See Alison Grimes in KY whom is using Bill Clinton's endorsement instead. Republicans won't vote on crap that they won't just to spite him. The party has gone all out insane. The party panders to a demographic that is ever shrinking. You want to know how computers got so popular? The people that held it back died off.

    I think Obama's biggest blunder that should have been a shoe-in was the healthcare act and focusing on that first. He had the entire democratic majority but then somehow we let stupid people like Sarah Palin put fear into us that it was going to kill us somehow and then the entire party got nervous. Most people still have no idea how Obamacare actually works and I can go to 5 different people and get 5 different answers, most of them (being in KY) are negative and most of them are not true. Lastly, his biggest mess-up is he has a big bark but not a lot of bite. Hence why I think him as a person, people love, but as president people are weary of him.

    If I had to rank him in the best presidents in my lifetime it would probably go like this though:

    1)Clinton
    2)Reagan
    3)Bush Sr.
    4)Obama
    5)Bush Jr.

    Of course his presidency isn't over but we will see what happens.
    So, if republicans dont go along with whatever the dems want, they are obstructive? Careful, your bias is showing.

  10. #250
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I actually consider myself an independent.

    A right-leaning one, however.

    And right up til literally the voting booth I was all planning to vote for Romney, because I thought he'd be better than Obama.
    The I looked at the screen (electronic voting booths with touchscreens where I vote) and just couldn't bring myself to do it.


    Edit: I guess what I'm saying here is that independents, independent conservatives, independent liberals, and probably even some democrats and conservative republicans, DIDN'T stay home from voting because of Romney - but they may have voted for another candidate because of Romney.


    Personally, I had this sudden feeling of "****, it's yet another in the long line of rich assholes for president".
    You are not independent if you voted for obama. Aside from fdr, he is probably the most left potus in history.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •