View Poll Results: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    176 56.77%
  • No

    134 43.23%
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 275

Thread: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

  1. #91
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    This is a great start.
    I'll be contacting my Senator Durbin since I know someone in his office.
    In no way is the stalemate one way or the other in D.C.--you've done a fine job with this debate point .
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    See post # 89 for a complete list of bills. And Reid is wasting our time, the American people's time.
    Physics is Phun

  2. #92
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    This is a great start.
    I'll be contacting my Senator Durbin since I know someone in his office.
    In no way is the stalemate one way or the other in D.C.--you've done a fine job with this debate point .
    Thank you

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,366

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    See post # 89 for a complete list of bills. And Reid is wasting our time, the American people's time.
    Which one of them do you think has a chance of passing in the Democratic controlled Senate? Why won't Bohener put the BIPARTISAN immigration bill that the Senate passed to a vote in the House? The House has been the source of the gridlock, they shutdown the Govt. They spend their time on partisan witchhunts instead of governing.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    Here ya go -

    A list of all the 352 bills that passed the House and are waiting to be voted on,
    some are very simple bills and some more elaborate. But I found only 1 concerning
    repealing O-care not 50.

    Bills from Democrats:

    H.R. 3896: Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Clarification Act of 2014

    Sponsor: Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz [D-FL23]
    Introduced: Jan 16, 2014
    Passed House: Jul 29, 2014

    H.R. 5062: Examination and Supervisory Privilege Parity Act of 2014

    Sponsor: Rep. Ed Perlmutter [D-CO7]
    Introduced: Jul 10, 2014
    Passed House: Jul 29, 2014

    H.R. 3107: Homeland Security Cybersecurity Boots-on-the-Ground Act
    Sponsor: Rep. Yvette Clarke [D-NY9]
    Introduced: Sep 17, 2013
    Passed House: Jul 28, 2014

    H.R. 3202: Essential Transportation Worker Identification Credential Assessment Act

    Sponsor: Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee [D-TX18]
    Introduced: Sep 27, 2013
    Passed House: Jul 28, 2014

    H.R. 5081: Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act of 2014
    Sponsor: Rep. Karen Bass [D-CA37]
    Introduced: Jul 11, 2014
    Passed House: Jul 25, 2014

    H.Con.Res. 105: Prohibiting the President from deploying or maintaining United States Armed Forces in a sustained combat role in Iraq without specific, subsequent statutory authorization.
    Sponsor: Rep. James “Jim” McGovern [D-MA2]
    Introduced: Jul 11, 2014
    Passed House: Jul 25, 2014

    H.R. 5111: To improve the response to victims of child sex trafficking.
    Sponsor: Rep. Joyce Beatty [D-OH3]
    Introduced: Jul 15, 2014
    Passed House: Jul 24, 2014

    H.R. 4449: Human Trafficking Prevention Act
    Sponsor: Rep. Sean Maloney [D-NY18]
    Introduced: Apr 10, 2014
    Passed House: Jul 23, 2014

    H.R. 2011: Veterans’ Advisory Committee on Education Improvement Act of 2013
    Sponsor: Rep. John Delaney [D-MD6]
    Introduced: May 16, 2013
    Passed House: Oct 28, 2013

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil...rrent_status=4
    Nimby has a little problem with the truth.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #95
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Which one of them do you think has a chance of passing in the Democratic controlled Senate? Why won't Bohener put the BIPARTISAN immigration bill that the Senate passed to a vote in the House? The House has been the source of the gridlock, they shutdown the Govt. They spend their time on partisan witchhunts instead of governing.

    No one knows that but at least bring them to the floor for a vote.


    That is so much horse****.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,366

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No one knows that but at least bring them to the floor for a vote.



    That is so much horse****.
    That's what I say. The House needs to vote on the Senate passed immigration bill. Boehner is an ass.

  7. #97
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Which one of them do you think has a chance of passing in the Democratic controlled Senate? Why won't Bohener put the BIPARTISAN immigration bill that the Senate passed to a vote in the House? The House has been the source of the gridlock, they shutdown the Govt. They spend their time on partisan witchhunts instead of governing.

    Did you look at the list of bills ar the link I provided, did you bother to click on any of them?
    If you did you would have noticed it gives a-
    "Prognosis xx% chance of being enacted" on every bill
    So you have a better idea of what might be passable or not.

    Now myself I read about 30 bills and found some great information,
    but it's up to you do read the bills for yourself and decide.

    I think some the bills I put in my other post, bills sponsored by Democrats have a chance of passing in the 'Democratic controlled Senate', however Reid won't bring them to the floor for a vote.

    Gridlock happens on both sides dear, you are failing to see Reid is causing the gridlock, by not bringing any of the bills to the floor.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,366

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    Did you look at the list of bills ar the link I provided, did you bother to click on any of them?
    If you did you would have noticed it gives a-
    "Prognosis xx% chance of being enacted" on every bill
    So you have a better idea of what might be passable or not.

    Now myself I read about 30 bills and found some great information,
    but it's up to you do read the bills for yourself and decide.

    I think some the bills I put in my other post, bills sponsored by Democrats have a chance of passing in the 'Democratic controlled Senate', however Reid won't bring them to the floor for a vote.

    Gridlock happens on both sides dear, you are failing to see Reid is causing the gridlock, by not bringing any of the bills to the floor.
    How many of those bills had input and ammendments from Democrats in the writing of them?
    Governing only happens when both sides have input and reach at least partial agreement in the writing of a bill, sadly the House has forgotten how to govern. The Senate at least remembers, even if they rarely do it. The immigration bill passed by the Senate is a good example of governing. Of course Boehner never gave it a chance for even debate in the House.

    Senators passed the sweeping legislation -- initially drafted by the four Democrats and four Republicans in the chamber's so-called "Gang of Eight" -- by a 68-32 vote.Fourteen Republicans joined a united Democratic caucus in supporting the bill,
    Senate passes sweeping immigration bill - CNN.com
    Last edited by iguanaman; 08-12-14 at 03:11 AM.

  9. #99
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,478
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as president?

    I voted no. Obama's been a disappointment- a better politician would have been able to work around the vandalism of the process of government by the House. Other presidents managed to be effective with the opposition controlling one or both houses of Congress.
    Having said, some of the best things he did were things he didn't do.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  10. #100
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Do you think Obama is doing a good job as presideent?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    How can a choice not be honest?

    Explain that, if you can.
    That's easy, just lie when you ask people to be honest, of course, I'm just lying like a dog in this post.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •