View Poll Results: Are Democrats more corrupt than Republicans?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    13 27.66%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im not American, yes.

    0 0%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    1 2.13%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    10 21.28%
  • Im not American, no.

    2 4.26%
  • Im a right leaning American, they are exactly the same as Republicans.

    8 17.02%
  • Im a left leaning American, they are exactly the same as Republicans.

    10 21.28%
  • Im not American, they are exactly the same as Republicans.

    3 6.38%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 115 of 115

Thread: Are Democrats more corrupt than Republicans?

  1. #111
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Are Democrats more corrupt than Republicans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Really?

    Then you'd also fire many CEO's. You'd fire many department heads. You'd fire some of your best and brightest. You'd fire Einstein - and yes, he also had an extramarital affair.

    You really need to get off your moral high horse, and remember that what goes on behind closed doors - as long as it is not abusive - does not determine whether or not the person is the best man - or woman - for the job.
    Rubbish and rank hyperbole. I don't vote to elect CEOs or mathematicians to represent me, to be the leader of my nation. And one of the qualities I value for the job of POTUS is faithfulness to commitments. I want to know they will FAITHFULLY execute their office. I don't really care if CEOs or mathematicians are faithful to their duties.

    Btw, just so you know, it wasn't just an extramarital affair in Einstein's case, it was also incest.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,455

    Re: Are Democrats more corrupt than Republicans?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Rubbish and rank hyperbole. I don't vote to elect CEOs or mathematicians to represent me, to be the leader of my nation. And one of the qualities I value for the job of POTUS is faithfulness to commitments. I want to know they will FAITHFULLY execute their office. I don't really care if CEOs or mathematicians are faithful to their duties.

    Btw, just so you know, it wasn't just an extramarital affair in Einstein's case, it was also incest.
    I used the CEO's as an example because they are also in positions of leadership and trust. I used Einstein as an example because he was very, very intelligent and was also considered by many as a wise man.

    Tell you what - how about you make a list of all the great leaders that you really, really look up to, and then see how many of them were completely faithful. Better yet, how about looking at the ones who WERE completely faithful...like Hitler. As far as I can tell, Stalin also never had any extramarital affairs and certainly was harsh towards those who did.

    In other words, really, guy, what goes on behind closed doors - as long as it is not abusive - has NO bearing on a man's trustworthiness on the job.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #113
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Are Democrats more corrupt than Republicans?

    No, they aren't more corrupt. But they are corrupt. So are the Republicans. Pretty much all politicians are corrupt. And they're power-mad.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,716

    Re: Are Democrats more corrupt than Republicans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    In other words, really, guy, what goes on behind closed doors - as long as it is not abusive - has NO bearing on a man's trustworthiness on the job.
    I wouldn't go that far - that it has NO bearing - but certainly agree that it's only one factor to consider, and can be overwhelmed by many other aspects of a person's character and how that's revealed in his or her daily lives. I've known plenty of otherwise good men and women who cheated on their spouses at some point. Lots of reasons that can occur, and in several cases, the couples reconciled and are happily married years later. Other times the affairs were reflections of marriages that were completely broken in all but name. Fact is we're complicated animals and attempts to use simple rules to classify us based on single factors are almost guaranteed to fail in real life. For example, which is worse - a person having an affair, or two affairs, or a person who makes his life's purpose the pursuit of power or money or success or fame, and therefore inevitably puts his or her family behind those pursuits? It would depend...

  5. #115
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,455

    Re: Are Democrats more corrupt than Republicans?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I wouldn't go that far - that it has NO bearing - but certainly agree that it's only one factor to consider, and can be overwhelmed by many other aspects of a person's character and how that's revealed in his or her daily lives. I've known plenty of otherwise good men and women who cheated on their spouses at some point. Lots of reasons that can occur, and in several cases, the couples reconciled and are happily married years later. Other times the affairs were reflections of marriages that were completely broken in all but name. Fact is we're complicated animals and attempts to use simple rules to classify us based on single factors are almost guaranteed to fail in real life. For example, which is worse - a person having an affair, or two affairs, or a person who makes his life's purpose the pursuit of power or money or success or fame, and therefore inevitably puts his or her family behind those pursuits? It would depend...
    You're right - I should have said "little bearing" instead of "no bearing".
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •