View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legalized?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    76 55.07%
  • No.

    21 15.22%
  • Decriminalize and heavily regulate it.

    38 27.54%
  • Other.

    3 2.17%
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 425

Thread: Prostitution

  1. #291
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Have no problem with him doing any of those jobs. He can even pick up the cigarette butts in the public's view. Would you advocating letting prostitutes operate in the open in that same park in public view?
    If it is legal they should be able to have sex right there on the picnic bench , right?

    Would you yourself offer your body to any one of the men here for a small bundle of money?
    Why do you look at things in terms of extremes? Do we allow doctors to practice in the middle of the park in public view? Do you think prostitutes and johns dont prefer privacy?

    People cannot even drink and smoke in public in most places....and those are legal.

    And why do I have to approve of prostitution to support it's legalization? Of course I wouldnt....there are millions of jobs I would hate.


    You have to resort to extremes because you have no realistic argument. You just have a moral indignation that you are trying to shore up with 'fake' reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If the business were legalized there would be no need for (or tolerance of) street prostitution. It's legal to sell cigarettes...it's NOT legal to sell cigarettes on the street without proper tax and business standards.

    So...new model. A legal sex office. Nice lobby, secretary, and 'office'. Good wages, taxes, health care benefits if you work for someone else, unions....just like any other business. Eliminate the need for illegal street prostitution and you reduce the number of 'victims'.

    Believe it or not some people really like having sex and would have no problem doing it as a job. I know 2 women that are quite open about and proud of their prowess at oral sex and by their own account enjoy doing it. Make it fun, profitable...life could be pretty good.
    Giving in and giving up is a sign of weakness. We are weak if we legalize it.

  3. #293
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Giving in and giving up is a sign of weakness. We are weak if we legalize it.
    The Taliban agrees with you. In fact, they are tougher than us using that standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    The Taliban agrees with you. In fact, they are tougher than us using that standard.
    Hyperbole. Has nothing to with the Taliban. Stay on track.

  5. #295
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So, you are ok having that around your family, or more specifically other peoples families.
    You mean, like bars and dumps and other things that can be offensive (and those 2 can even lead to physical danger)? Those are generally zoned.


    Your question was mostly a joke anyway, right? If people CHOSE to have sex in public, wanted to, we'd see it all the time, free or commercial. And it if it's in a building....why is your nose in there anymore that someone else's bedroom? You really do have an issue with imagining sex everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #296
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Giving in and giving up is a sign of weakness. We are weak if we legalize it.
    Giving in to what? Common sense?

    Truth be told, true strength is having the cahones to admit that what we've always done has always not worked and been wrong.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Giving in and giving up is a sign of weakness. We are weak if we legalize it.
    Yes, it's so much better to do the wrong thing just to look tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #298
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Hyperbole. Has nothing to with the Taliban. Stay on track.
    That would be a sign of weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Giving in to what? Common sense?

    Truth be told, true strength is having the cahones to admit that what we've always done has always not worked and been wrong.
    Don't work because there is no real punishment.

  10. #300
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Don't work because there is no real punishment.
    Considering that with even murder the death penalty has been proven to not be a deterrent, what exactly do you suggest as effective "real punishment" for prostitution?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •